Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
When I watched that Alita Battle Angel movie, I thought Ali was channeling Snipes' Blade's voice in that movie. Hopefully, Snipes involved in some form in a cameo, producer credit or stunt/fight choreographer.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Brilliant casting.

Much respect to Wesley as the OG pioneer but I always preferred they go younger and modernize the character. Also didn't want a one-off movie about him being old and playing 2nd fiddle to his daughter, or any ish like that.

That said, give Wesley a cameo so he can get that big audience applause.

Now I see why Jason Aaron had T'Challa become Avengers chairman and hire Blade on the team as his first act. Future movie synergy :mjlit:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The only thing that concerns me is the physique

Ali is gonna have to get in the weight room and put on a lot of muscle
Breh got swoll in that predator movie years ago iirc.

Was actually the first time I saw him act, and I wasnt used to how skinny he got (or is) in all his later roles. He'll be aight imo

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Brilliant casting.

Much respect to Wesley as the OG pioneer but I always preferred they go younger and modernize the character. Also didn't want a one-off movie about him being old and playing 2nd fiddle to his daughter, or any ish like that.

That said, give Wesley a cameo so he can get that big audience applause.

Now I see why Jason Aaron had T'Challa become Avengers chairman and hire Blade on the team as his first act. Future movie synergy :mjlit:

What is this old stuff people keep mentioning? Ali will be close to, if not, 50 when the movie/series finally comes out. It's not on their 2021 timeline. It's a 2022 thing at the earliest. Age wasn't a factor here.