Marvel should not do Secret Wars

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
They can start an entire new saga with the X-Men as the foundation. They don’t have to use them in this universe. They could Have new actors play Elseworlds versions of old characters (like how Falcon took on the Cap name). Hell, you can used RDJ as a Batman Beyond type role here and there. A reset isn’t exactly a reboot.

:why:Why would the mcu x men not be in the main mcu universe to start with?

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
I didn't realize how dog shyt they do most of their characters until i started watching lore videos and other comic videos on youtube. Lowkey 98% of the mcu is ass.
What do you mean? They dont honor the depth the characters have in the comics? Other properties do the movies better? Or what?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
:why:Why would the mcu x men not be in the main mcu universe to start with?
If they start a new universe with them it’ll be FRESH. Right now they’d just force them in a world already established. I mean, it can be done, but it would look different if they kick off a new world. There’s a reason no X titles are listed in the current phase up until the Secret Wars film.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I feel like they need to reboot the MCU after Kang does some timeline shenanigans and then just start new.

This isn’t Fox or WB.

The MCU is a ongoing story/saga like Star Wars.

A reboot would torpedo the MCU as it is built on different franchises being in the same continuity. Which allows for repeat viewings and cross franchises sequels.

I still ain’t got an answer as to why secret wars would reset or reboot anything.

Secret Wars and the multiverse story is just an excuse to get the likes of Tobey Maguire, Hugh Jackman, Reynolds etc back along with having original/current mcu actors in altered interpretations of their characters crossing over for a movie or two before the movies end that storyline and then just fully focus on the New Avengers, Fantastic Four and MCU X-MEN.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
If they start a new universe with them it’ll be FRESH. Right now they’d just force them in a world already established. I mean, it can be done, but it would look different if they kick off a new world. There’s a reason no X titles are listed in the current phase up until the Secret Wars film.

There is no current version of the mcu x-men which means it's fresh either way.

The same way new franchises such as Eternals and Shang-Chi were.
Soft reboot just like they do in the comics

:what: This isn't the comics.

What reason is there to "soft reboot"? what exactly is going to be involved in a "soft reboot"?

Is it the original characters being recast? because they already have a NEW Captain America, Black Widow, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Panther and Iron Man etc. They already have a new Nick Fury and Shield.

So what happens? all of that and the previous continuity is erased?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
There is no current version of the mcu x-men which means it's fresh either way.

The same way new franchises such as Eternals and Shang-Chi were.

:what: This isn't the comics.

What reason is there to "soft reboot"? what exactly is going to be involved in a "soft reboot"?

Is it the original characters being recast? because they already have a NEW Captain America, Black Widow, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Panther and Iron Man etc. They already have a new Nick Fury and Shield.

So what happens? all of that and the previous continuity is erased?
I know, but they’re tossing them into a universe already established. Where have they been at? They can’t just introduce them with their powers. I’m sure they can think of ways to bring them into the current world, but the whole point of the Secret Wars saga was a soft reset for the 616.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also another elephant in the room is the X-Men have looming consistency issues that need to be addressed and fixed

The whole "Mutants are hated and persecuted" meta is hard to establish in a world where the Avengers are celebrities

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I know, but they’re tossing them into a universe already established. Where have they been at? They can’t just introduce them with their powers. I’m sure they can think of ways to bring them into the current world, but the whole point of the Secret Wars saga was a soft reset for the 616.

:what: Where were Namor, Shang Chi, Spider-Man and the Eternals before they appeared in the movies they debuted in?

And breh Namor is ALREADY a confirmed mutant running around in the mcu (that's why only he from Atlantis can fly and live for centuries) the same with Ms Marvel.

It's as simple as saying something like "Professor X kept Mutants hidden" or that "mutants are only now emerging in numbers due to an event that activated the x-gene globally"

Why do y'all needlessly overcomplicate this.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
:what: Where were Namor, Shang Chi, Spider-Man and the Eternals before they appeared in the movies they debuted in?

And breh Namor is ALREADY a confirmed mutant running around in the mcu (that's why only he from Atlantis can fly and live for centuries) the same with Ms Marvel.

It's as simple as saying something like "Professor X kept Mutants hidden" or that "mutants are only now emerging in numbers due to an event that activated the x-gene globally"

Why do y'all needlessly overcomplicate this.
“Prof X had them hidden” is some stupid shyt. :mjlol:

So mutant villains were just gonna be chillin on the beach while chaos was happening? No X-Men for backup when Ultrob showed up?. :dead:

I’m just spitting out how I can see it done differently. I’m a comic book head and been watching CBM since Tobey was Spidey. I’m not gonna go on over fantasy booking.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
The whole "Mutants are hated and persecuted" meta is hard to establish in a world where the Avengers are celebrities

Not really.

The Avengers are a mainstream, well known outfit who are mostly human's who have been enhanced or transformed by science and technology. The main ones are public figures and even government operatives at this point in the story and the only one who really has a secret identity is Peter.

The two least human Avengers are the most feared/hated. Even before Wanda went complete apeshyt, the reaction to her powers were very different from everyone elses. You have more people popping up with powers they don't know how to control, powers and mutations that keep them from being able to blend in with society and you have another Civil War scenario that looks more like the comics. We go from aboloshing the Sokovia Accords and "enhanced individual" registration to Mutant Registration and concentration camps real quick once people find out there is an entire different species of people being born with abilities that can't be explained with science.

Xenophobia for a sudden influx of mutants/inhumans is still very much on the table.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I feel like they need to reboot the MCU after Kang does some timeline shenanigans and then just start new.

That's what secret wars is, grounds for a soft reset and has been the plan for a while now.

Now that Marvel has all it's properties back, the "sacred timeline', as in the MCU as we know it is going to fall apart, splinter and be stitched back together as a Marvel Universe that can resemble what Feige could have done out the gate had he been able to use key players like Spider-man, X-men, F4 ect from the begining.

K.E.V.I.N. (or the beyonder) with a full toy box of Marvel Figures. Nothing is erased, but everything is new.

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Secret Wars and the multiverse story are just a gimmick to get actors from the past/old franchises outside of the mcu back.

Why would it lead to a reboot?

More likely to just be like No Way Home just on a bigger scale which was successful.

BECAUSE THE MOST RECENT SECRET WARS LEAD TO A RESET IN THE COMICS.

:devil:
:evil:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:hubie:The Reset
  1. The plan is for 616 Earth to be destroyed and post Secret Wars New Earth will be the main set base for the MCU. As for the rest of them obvioisly not everyone gonna die they will find a way to get all of them to New Earth
  2. Tom Holland's Spider-Man is the Chosen One from Universe 616
  3. I don't want to reveal too much but the story is about the TVA picking a "Chosen one" from each universe because they're all collapsing and want to put them in a new universe. Elektra is the chosen one from Daredevil's universe.
  4. Fantastic Four's last draft had them in the 60s in another universe. Where they are the only heroes and huge stars. They have to save their world from Galactus and his heralds but they lose and the TVA save them and take them to the new universe.

:mjlol: sounds absolutely awful.