Marvel should not do Secret Wars

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
They don't need Secret Wars to do a reboot
Save that for when they can actually do it right
I agree, and I'd rather see it done right as well, but it would make no sense doing Secret Wars and not taking the opportunity for a soft reboot. How can you have
the entire multiverse collapsing
without rebooting?

From what I hear, this movie is going to take more from the original Secret Wars than the newest one anyway. I know it's a classic, but the 80s Secret Wars is not good. There's no way they can make a movie that doesn't improve on that story.

Secret Wars 2015 on the other hand.... I need to see that done right in live action. Without Doom I don't even think they can get close, so I don't think they're going to attempt much. If they're not touching 2015, then I'm not that concerned whether they do it right or not. The MCU is lacking in interesting heros now, so I welcome a reboot.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
agreed - MCU is on dead legs right now, I havent even checked Loki yet and its two episodes in? and hes an OG character in this MCU shyt.

its just not interesting anymore, its not fun. the loss of talent and characters is jarring now.

also, Im not usually this guy, but the amount of forced "go womanhood" shyt they have put in, its forced and not producing good results.

Ironman, Black Panther, Hulk, Hawkeye, Ant Man all having their characters transitioned to woman leads? :hhh: and Im probably missing more?

echo? the marvels? :francis:

MCU has shytty characters nobody cares about. I had high hopes for Kang, but he was butchered in Ant Man.

its just a big mess right now

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I agree, and I'd rather see it done right as well, but it would make no sense doing Secret Wars and not taking the opportunity for a soft reboot. How can you have
the entire multiverse collapsing
without rebooting?

From what I hear, this movie is going to take more from the original Secret Wars than the newest one anyway. I know it's a classic, but the 80s Secret Wars is not good. There's no way they can make a movie that doesn't improve on that story.

Secret Wars 2015 on the other hand.... I need to see that done right in live action. Without Doom I don't even think they can get close, so I don't think they're going to attempt much. If they're not touching 2015, then I'm not that concerned whether they do it right or not. The MCU is lacking in interesting heros now, so I welcome a reboot.
Kang wasn't involved in either so...

And if they're going to use the Secret Wars name it's dumb to do it without the better one, and without
agreed - MCU is on dead legs right now, I havent even checked Loki yet and its two episodes in? and hes an OG character in this MCU shyt.

its just not interesting anymore, its not fun. the loss of talent and characters is jarring now.

also, Im not usually this guy, but the amount of forced "go womanhood" shyt they have put in, its forced and not producing good results.

Ironman, Black Panther, Hulk, Hawkeye, Ant Man all having their characters transitioned to woman leads? :hhh: and Im probably missing more?

echo? the marvels? :francis:

MCU has shytty characters nobody cares about. I had high hopes for Kang, but he was butchered in Ant Man.

its just a big mess right now
All the legacy women characters are from the comics tho

MCU just can't make good movies any more that stand alone and tie into the overall narrative

Loki Season 2 is boring as hell, and the tone is weird

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

And if they're going to use the Secret Wars name it's dumb to do it without the better one, and without

All the legacy women characters are from the comics tho

MCU just can't make good movies any more that stand alone and tie into the overall narrative

Loki Season 2 is boring as hell, and the tone is weird
I know, but having a big “womanhood” push seems to be in effect and it’s just falling flat. the actresses and characters aren’t interesting. they aren’t making me want to watch mcu content.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I know, but having a big “womanhood” push seems to be in effect and it’s just falling flat. the actresses and characters aren’t interesting. they aren’t making me want to watch mcu content.
I don't even think it's that they aren't interesting
I think some of the actors don't have charisma

And also there's no cohesion

When they introduced ppl in phase 1, they were all people who were going to be on the same team

Idk what they're doing here

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU

Which is why I don't really care how it goes. :manny:

With the corner they've backed themselves into, there's just not many interesting paths they can take that will bring back the feeling. They can't "save it" for later, becuase there's never going to be a time when they can do it right without a full reboot.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Au contraire, Secret Wars is the escape they need to reboot, recast and course correct this wackass universe
Problem is, they can't wait another 4-5 goddamn years
Whenever they do reboot we need an already existing universe that has the og Avengers, F4, a x-men team and other heroes that already had their origin story

And a hulk that can talk they actually did it right in ragnarok and threw it away 2 movies later

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
kevin-feige-kevin-feige-stare.gif
hes a terrorist at this point.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
A battleworld type event would be a nice way to bring in marvel properties that work together. The agents of shield world or at least main cast should have had a way to be brought to the standard mcu verse a long ass time ago

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:hubie:They don't have enough good shyt from this era

Just shut shyt down quietly and reboot with Xmen
That's apparently what Secret Wars is for a reboot.

I don't think a reboot can stop the bleeding here. The problem is the Infinity Saga was as good as it was going to get with Marvel. They'll never top it. As it came down from that high people were bound to become disenchanted with the MCU. Rebooting it will just further those feelings.