Marvel Now Has No More Excuses....Give Us WAKANDA

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Yeah, who cares. As a nikka who actually read comics, Black Panther as a character is boring as fukk and really wouldn't bring shyt to the Avengers table that we dont already got. Except that...he's black I guess. If you can call that a redeeming quality lmao

Save your faux outrage for something slightly less meaningless :camby:

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Yeah, who cares. As a nikka who actually read comics, Black Panther as a character is boring as fukk and really wouldn't bring shyt to the Avengers table than we've already got. Except that...he's black I guess. If you can call that a redeeming quality lmao

Save your faux outrage for something slightly less meaningless :camby:
if batman begins is the most accurate portrayal of who batman is as a character then i'd say hes pretty boring too but that hasnt dented his popularity all these decades has it

god=nature=we'reFUCKED

Organize the non obvious
Daps
Reppin
HQ
If black panther stood out truly as this fascinating bad ass with a ferocious infamous rogues gallery.....This dude's film would be well underway if not made already. :sas1:

I don't think Marvel yearns for the potential flop at the box office. :whoa:

The mythic hidden advanced nation of Wakandana :skip: Hastily removing suspension of disbelief across the country.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The way dudes :cape: for Marvel is just astounding.
Kevin Fiege has come up with some of the shyttiest excuses for why Black Panther (who is a major character in the Avengers comics universe) can't be made yet..."Wakanda is too fantastical and it will be hard to do it right" while making movies featuring Germanic pagan gods and sentient trees and rodents.:shaq2:

From everything I have read it is obvious that Fiege just doesn't think that a movie starring a minority (or a woman) is viable so he dances around that shyt giving weak ass platitudes and acting like he is not the guy in control of the MCU. If anyone else did that you'd all be in here acting militant as fukk.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Nick Fury is Black.
They gave us War Machine 3 times and we just got Falcon.

No disrespect to Black Panther but fukk Black Panther. I don't get why cats are sweating him so much. I would rather see a Luke Cage movie over BP, why can't Luke Cage get love and attention from y'all??
iqolBFq.png

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So why ain't no one happy about that though? An African AMERICAN Super Hero that grew up on some of the same streets WE grew up on that's VERY respectable
B/c the nikka is a walking stereotype thats always been wack and a clear product from the 70s made to be a joke. I'd prefer to see a story of most advanced civilization on the planet based in Africa who's prince gives Captain a beat down on the regular and is pretty much unmatched hand to hand.
1fdceeb597ad22914321c0c4ffd2fe0b.jpg

Compared to this Django Unchained lookin ass clown
IAmAnAvenger_NewAvengers_2.jpg

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Kevin Fiege has come up with some of the shyttiest excuses for why Black Panther (who is a major character in the Avengers comics universe) can't be made yet..."Wakanda is too fantastical and it will be hard to do it right" while making movies featuring Germanic pagan gods and sentient trees and rodents.:shaq2:

From everything I have read it is obvious that Fiege just doesn't think that a movie starring a minority (or a woman) is viable so he dances around that shyt giving weak ass platitudes and acting like he is not the guy in control of the MCU. If anyone else did that you'd all be in here acting militant as fukk.

He actually has intimated the opposite recently.

One other interesting note: Feige was also asked whether characters in the movies could be gender or race-swapped like Thor or Captain America in the current comics. He responded:

"I think it's more likely that we'll see some of the existing female characters from the books or some of the existing African-American or African-African characters from the books come to life before we swap some of the other heroes."

Again, Feige never says anything point-blank until he's ready, but "African-African" sounds to me like a Black Panther movie is on the way for sure.

http://www.blastr.com/2014-7-29/kev...confirms-avengers-3-will-be-infinity-gauntlet

Black Panther is coming brehs. Just not in the next two years.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
LOL at all these excuses on this thread!:russ:

Lack of a rogue gallery - brehs, the general public didn't know the rogue galleries of Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Guardians of the Galaxy....y'all starting to get the point?

Lack of a bankable star - LOL, who was fukkin with Chris Helmsworth before Thor? Who was fukking with Chris Evans before Captain America? shyt, even Robert Downey Jr wasn't that big UNTIL the Iron Man movies. Half of Guardians of the Galaxy was a tree and a racc00n. Stop it brehs.

He's not good enough - Black Panther is #blackexcellence personified: richest man in comics, top 10 smartest super hero, king of the most advanced nation in Marvel, which happens to be in Africa. Fought and defeated heavyweights like Iron Man, Captain America, Sabretooth, Fantastic Four.

shyt, he was even married to one of the greatest and most well-known female superheroes ever (Storm) until many white comic book fans bytched so hard about it Marvel broke up their marriage.

And guess what: Falcon has mad respect for him (Panther upgrades his wings in the comics). Luke Cage LOOKS UP to him.

Lack of a good location - This was mostly Kevin Feige saying that Wakanda isn't ideal since it's not in America. But apparently, Asgard is more than OK: they've done TWO FILMS with it.

They are afraid the movie will flop - Marvel / Disney just pushed a movie barely ANYONE knew the characters, and now it's the number movie this year financially. They know how to market movies, especially Disney.

So let's stop with the BS. There is LITERALLY NO EXCUSE for a black panther movie not being made.

So why hasn't it been done? For the same reason many movies with black people don't get done (the Toussaint L'Ouvertour movie Danny Glover wanted to make, the Luke Cage movie that got dropped, and many others).

For those Hollywood investors, a Black Panther movie will be TOO BLACK!

A black setting (Wakanda), black extras, black supporting characters, and to top it off a black lead that is as smart, strong (physically and mentally), and influential as most of his white counterparts? Or may outright be better than them? AND a white dude (Klaw) may be the villain that takes an L against panther on film?:ohhh:

Yea. They are NOT gonna fund that. A movie that may counter the constant dominance of white supremacy / white privilege on film? No way.

@Ziggiy...like you I hope the movie gets done. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. But it's clear Marvel is on that bullshyt. I really doubt the film will happen anytime soon, let alone ever. And if they ever do the film, I SERIOUSLY doubt they will show him the respect he and his mythos deserves.

The only way I see this being done and done well is:

A. Find funding outside of Hollywood.

B. Distribute it through other channels outside of Hollywood. And I'm not sure if that possible being that BP belongs to Marvel.

If Marvel wanted it done, it would've been announced by now. Clearly, they don't want it done.

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL at all these excuses on this thread!:russ:

Lack of a rogue gallery - brehs, the general public didn't know the rogue galleries of Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Guardians of the Galaxy....y'all starting to get the point?

Lack of a bankable star - LOL, who was fukkin with Chris Helmsworth before Thor? Who was fukking with Chris Evans before Captain America? shyt, even Robert Downey Jr wasn't that big UNTIL the Iron Man movies. Half of Guardians of the Galaxy was a tree and a racc00n. Stop it brehs.

He's not good enough - Black Panther is #blackexcellence personified: richest man in comics, top 10 smartest super hero, king of the most advanced nation in Marvel, which happens to be in Africa. Fought and defeated heavyweights like Iron Man, Captain America, Sabretooth, Fantastic Four.

shyt, he was even married to one of the greatest and most well-known female superheroes ever (Storm) until many white comic book fans bytched so hard about it Marvel broke up their marriage.

And guess what: Falcon has mad respect for him (Panther upgrades his wings in the comics). Luke Cage LOOKS UP to him.

Lack of a good location - This was mostly Kevin Feige saying that Wakanda isn't ideal since it's not in America. But apparently, Asgard is more than OK: they've done TWO FILMS with it.

They are afraid the movie will flop - Marvel / Disney just pushed a movie barely ANYONE knew the characters, and now it's the number movie this year financially. They know how to market movies, especially Disney.

So let's stop with the BS. There is LITERALLY NO EXCUSE for a black panther movie to be made.

So why hasn't it been done? For the same reason many movies with black people don't get done (the Toussaint L'Ouvertour movie Danny Glover wanted to make, the Luke Cage movie that got dropped, and many others).

For those Hollywood investors, a Black Panther movie will be TOO BLACK!

A black setting (Wakanda), black extras, black supporting characters, and to top it off a black lead that is as smart, strong (physically and mentally), and influential as most of his white counterparts? Or may outright be better than them? AND a white dude (Klaw) may be the villain that takes an L against panther on film?:ohhh:

Yea. They are NOT gonna fund that. A movie that may counter the constant dominance of white supremacy / white privilege on film? No way.

@Ziggiy...like you I hope the movie gets done. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. But it's clear Marvel is on that bullshyt. I really doubt the film will happen anytime soon, let alone ever. And if they ever do the film, I SERIOUSLY doubt they will show him the respect he and his mythos deserves.

The only way I see this being done and done well is:

A. Find funding outside of Hollywood.

B. Distribute it through other channels outside of Hollywood. And I'm not sure if that possible being that BP belongs to Marvel.

If Marvel wanted it done, it would've been announced by now. Clearly, they don't want it done.

Couldn't have said it better myself! :obama:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Chris Pratt, Saldana and Batista aren't household names, and Cooper and Diesel were just voices. Chris Evans wasn't a household name when he did the first Captain America, neither was Hemsworth or Hiddleston when they did Thor. The success of films nowadays don't hinge on just the stars much anymore. There are not many bankable stars left in Hollywood. Nowadays most films succeed based on good marketing or having an already built in audience(like those teen novel adaptations). Marvel has the promotion down pat and they have proven to have a successful track record when it comes to quality. Audiences trust them now.

As for who should play Panther. It will most likely be an up and comer. Boseman is a great choice and he's practically at the same level Evans and Hemsworth were when they took their parts.
Thor and Captain America are equal in popularity to the Black Panther? I know you wanna see this happen I'm just telling you the most likely reason it hasn't. Its way more risky and likely not as bankable as the other stuff they're doing. When race gets interjected into the lead of a movie (IE not a white lead) it changes things.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

Feige didn't say that "Too fantastical thing", Louis D'Esposito did.