Marvel Now Has No More Excuses....Give Us WAKANDA

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nick Fury is Black.
They gave us War Machine 3 times and we just got Falcon.

Those are supporting characters, breh. Minorities and women always play the sidekick role in this shyt. People here want a Black-lead film. The Blade franchise was the first and last time we had a film where a Black person was the central character ever since this superhero film era took off and that series ended way back in 2004.

With success of Guardians, there is really no excuse. The Marvel brand is hot right now. People will go see anything with that Marvel Studios logo attached because at this point it basically means they're going to get the bang for their buck. I see folks bringing up Red Tails, but Red Tails didn't have the Marvel/Disney machine behind it. In fact, I seem to remember the marketing for that movie coming off a little half assed to me.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
They want to do it, but they don't know how to market it :yeshrug:.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Those are supporting characters, breh. Minorities and women always play the sidekick role in this shyt. People here want a Black-lead film. The Blade franchise was the first and last time we had a film where a Black person was the central character ever since this superhero film era took off and that series ended way back in 2004.

With success of Guardians, there is really no excuse. The Marvel brand is hot right now. People will go see anything with that Marvel Studios logo attached because at this point it basically means they're going to get the bang for their buck. I see folks bringing up Red Tails, but Red Tails didn't have the Marvel/Disney machine behind it. In fact, I seem to remember the marketing for that movie coming off a little half assed to me.
I am thirsty for a panther movie but i know cacs to just jump into a panther movie all willy is suicide. If hes going to be introduced he needs to appear in an avengers flick or solo characters flick as a pivitol character. If feedback is good you greenlight a movie if its not we go back to what we doin now

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i wouldnt mind a luke cage or even a bishop movie

black panther would be dope , id actually pay my hard earn money to go watch it

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

George Lucas mad Red Tails himself with his money. I saw TV spots for it constantly too. The fact remains whose gonna play the black lead in the movie (Wesley was a name brand guy)? GotG had known people playing the characters. Who you putting in the role of Black Panther to draw viewers?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
@Ziggiy @Roman Brady @BlackMajik

Ok, I get it!!!!

Y'all disagree and disapprove of my point. But if y'all want this bad enough and feel there are many people like y'all who share that feeling, why don't y'all seriously and honestly come together and make Kevin Fiegie and all the other suits at Marvel hear y'all voices?

Think about how y'all could be the ones to famous for starting a movement to get this ball moving!

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Get Will Smith to play him :manny:

Noo.... No. no....

Idris Alba..... :blessed:

idris-elba-pacific-rim.jpg

Stacker. fukkin' Penticost....

:to::ufdup:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
George Lucas mad Red Tails himself with his money. I saw TV spots for it constantly too. The fact remains whose gonna play the black lead in the movie (Wesley was a name brand guy)? GotG had known people playing the characters. Who you putting in the role of Black Panther to draw viewers?
Chris Pratt, Saldana and Batista aren't household names, and Cooper and Diesel were just voices. Chris Evans wasn't a household name when he did the first Captain America, neither was Hemsworth or Hiddleston when they did Thor. The success of films nowadays don't hinge on just the stars much anymore. There are not many bankable stars left in Hollywood. Nowadays most films succeed based on good marketing or having an already built in audience(like those teen novel adaptations). Marvel has the promotion down pat and they have proven to have a successful track record when it comes to quality. Audiences trust them now.

As for who should play Panther. It will most likely be an up and comer. Boseman is a great choice and he's practically at the same level Evans and Hemsworth were when they took their parts.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
@Ziggiy @Roman Brady @BlackMajik

Ok, I get it!!!!

Y'all disagree and disapprove of my point. But if y'all want this bad enough and feel there are many people like y'all who share that feeling, why don't y'all seriously and honestly come together and make Kevin Fiegie and all the other suits at Marvel hear y'all voices?

Think about how y'all could be the ones to famous for starting a movement to get this ball moving!
i already stated how it should be played for them to just say "we are considering it someday" is another way of saying no. You think an e-campaign is going to change their minds? Everyone knows you cant believe what you read on the net. 3 mill trolls could get in on a "free black panther" on line campaign and then when the movie comes out it does postman numbers

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I guess every fkin niche hero needs it's own series of movies?
dude marvel whole case hinged on the fact a fictional african city dealing with magic and hi-technology was too leftfield for the average moviegoer. But they were fine to take a punt on a thunder god from a world called asgard that dealt with realms, ice monsters and yes magic. Ok, maybe that was just a glitch, to essentially make gotg with characters which have never been mentioned or featured on any mainstream media ever changes the script. With ant man in the pipeline its painfully obvious we arent seeing black panther because they arent interested

Last edited: