Marvel Now Has No More Excuses....Give Us WAKANDA

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Nick Fury is Black.
They gave us War Machine 3 times and we just got Falcon.

No disrespect to Black Panther but fukk Black Panther. I don't get why cats are sweating him so much. I would rather see a Luke Cage movie over BP, why can't Luke Cage get love and attention from y'all??

:what: Can't we have both?! I would love to have both a Black Panther movie AND a Luke Cage (or a Luke Cage & Iron Fist: Heroes for Hire movie)

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I doubt white people wanna see a Black Panther movie unless its staring some actor like Will Smith that brings with him a built in audience. a vocal minority are clamoring for this but Marvel knows if they put a budget behind it that vocal minority won't be enough to recoup cost. that's why it hasn't happened and likely won't happen. If white audiences don't back it it'll do Red Tails numbers.
The sad reality

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Got a feeling that they might do the character on Netflix :yeshrug:, especially if they base it on the client/Enemy of the state I & II arcs, could be like a superhero version of House of Cards and have Black Panther on some Frank Underwood type shyt.

Wouldn't be a movie but it would be 13 one hour episodes :yeshrug:.

Last edited:

DaddyTime

All Star
Daps
There is a very easy way to insure people will go watch "Black Panther".

Make it an integral part of this quasi-"Infinity Gauntlet" saga they got going on.

Which is the exact same thing they did with "Guardians Of The Galaxy". People were talking about that movie would flop, I told cats a long ass time ago, as long as it contains Thanos and moves the major story arc, people would show up.

Not saying that's the only reason they did, but Marvel ain't stupid. They know 99.99% of the people watching "GoTG" have no idea who these people are, so they included major plot developments....first dialogue from Thanos, first mention of The Celestials, first time the various MacGuffins from the movies have been called the Infinity Stones, etc.

Make an Infinity Stone pop up in Wakanda, something like that. Or have an alien harboring a stone go there seeking asylum. Put Thanos in a couple scenes, boom. $100 mill opening weekend.

Fred.
:ohhh:

fukk you doing with ya life on here b, you sound like you got this marketing shyt figured the hell out :wow:

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Found a group of filmakers that started a kickstarter to bring a Black Panther movie to the small screen.

Link to the video:

Link to the Kickstarter page:

Reign of Wakanda: Return of The Black Panther is an epic action packed fan film series featuring Marvel comic's greatest heroes.

We are huge fans of the Marvel universe, and we wanted to give screen time to one of our favorite Marvel heroes. With your help, we can make this a reality! Our non-profit live action fan film series follows the iconic Marvel universe character, the Black Panther. The story centers around the exotic and beautiful nation of Wakanda, and its amazing inhabitants. We'll be giving an in depth look at the people of Wakanda, from Azzuri the wise, to Shuri & T'Challa. We even include T'Challa's secret life under his assumed identity, Luke Charles. The Black Panther must fight to protect his new life as well as defend his throne when his past catches up with him.

With every film project we face many challenges, this one is pretty ambitious. This project "Reign of Wakanda - Return of the Black Panther" will feature a host of colorful characters brought to life right from the pages of the original comics. I am very excited to get to this project done. I would like to have it completed by early 2015. Of course, budget is the main obstacle. As my vision developed and grew, production turned out to be dramatically more expensive than I had originally planned. I feel like I owe it to the Black Panther fans to make sure this film looks and feels amazing. I wish I had the means to put up my own money for what I feel is an extremely important project. That's where you all come in... This is a tribute piece to the world's greatest super hero. I won't be making any profit from this fan film at any point. We are gathering the resources to make Reign of Wakanda a reality. It will take the kind of resources that I don't have access to on my own, but I have faith that we can raise enough to actually make this happen. I am a true believer - I know that the fans of the Black Panther will rise make this film a reality.

Together, we can make this happen! Thank you so much for your support! Amandla! ~ (Power) You are all heroes~ Sharife Jones.

Risks and challengesLearn about accountability on Kickstarter

We are looking to raise funds that will assist us in the challenge of making this series. We would like to involve stunts and special effects, some that would require us to insure our actors/stunt crew. Wardrobe is a key element of this production, since our story spans decades and takes place on 2 continents: North America as well as Africa (both "traditional" and technically advanced Wakanda). Some of the characters have pretty extensive outfits and props. Another challenge is securing locations. With your assistance, we will also be able to film in a green studio space. green space is "key" in the fx process of the film.

Vonte3000

Chance 3 :wow: :blessed:
Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
B/c the nikka is a walking stereotype thats always been wack and a clear product from the 70s made to be a joke. I'd prefer to see a story of most advanced civilization on the planet based in Africa who's prince gives Captain a beat down on the regular and is pretty much unmatched hand to hand.
1fdceeb597ad22914321c0c4ffd2fe0b.jpg

Compared to this Django Unchained lookin ass clown
IAmAnAvenger_NewAvengers_2.jpg
Did you just call the more normal looking of the two the clown? :skip:

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nick Fury is Black.

No disrespect to Black Panther but fukk Black Panther. I don't get why cats are sweating him so much. I would rather see a Luke Cage movie over BP, why can't Luke Cage get love and attention from y'all??
100% agree with this. Never gave a flying fukk about Black Panther, but Luke Cage always been my nikka.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Found a group of filmakers that started a kickstarter to bring a Black Panther movie to the small screen.

Link to the video:

Link to the Kickstarter page:

I respect what they trying to do but how do they plan on reaching their goal with barely no marketing. They should be on Facebook, Youtube, Dailymotion, and Twitter getting peoples attention about the project.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
not a comic guy by any means, is the creator/writer of this Black Panther character a black man?

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All I know is when I went to a comic convention where Stan Lee had a Q&A, when he was asked which characters he wanted to see on film and he said the Black Panther (which got a HUGE pop from a 98% white audience) and Dr Strange.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Same song, different day. Feige's spewing the same rhetoric he's been spewing the past four years. I'm not holding my breath.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Nick Fury is Black.

The amount of stupid internet users is too damn high/big
Yh68yY9.gif

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The amount of stupid internet users is too damn high/big
Yh68yY9.gif

Aight...... I been taking some hits..... But I think this one was the last straw...

Bruh...... I'm not hating on BP. I actually have no problem with them making a BP movie.

However, if they didn't make a BP movie, I'm not gonna be all bent out of shape and go on crusade to start kidnapping and capping Marvel execs until my demands are met.

I'm tired of every few months people are whining about a BP movie and these are the same people that more than likely won't even support typical other black lead movies (I wonder how many went to see 42 and the current James Brown movie and why did they let Rza movie flop?)

There is really levels to this shyt and niccas gotta learn to play chess better.

Now back to Marvel and this BP itish, I respect BP and as a Black person I respect Africa and our roots and all that, but like most of y'all niccas on here...... I never been to Africa, prolly will never go to Africa, so can't relate to really anything African like that on that level. Not granted the whole premise of Wakanda is it's this Advanced Black civilization and etc...... That's great and hopefully it can be presented in a great manner that will make all of us proud.

But I kinda just like Luke Cage more, an actual American Black Super Hero from the ghettos that I'm from or can relate to kicking the ass of crime in his neighborhood which is similar to mine or what I can relate too, and standing up to and whooping "whiteys" ass (didn't this dude fight the clan?).

To me..... An ill Luke Cage movie would resonate more than a BP movie (and again, not dissing BP, he gets my respect)