Marvel Now Has No More Excuses....Give Us WAKANDA

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
LOL at all these excuses on this thread!:russ:

Lack of a rogue gallery - brehs, the general public didn't know the rogue galleries of Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Guardians of the Galaxy....y'all starting to get the point?

Lack of a bankable star - LOL, who was fukkin with Chris Helmsworth before Thor? Who was fukking with Chris Evans before Captain America? shyt, even Robert Downey Jr wasn't that big UNTIL the Iron Man movies. Half of Guardians of the Galaxy was a tree and a racc00n. Stop it brehs.

He's not good enough - Black Panther is #blackexcellence personified: richest man in comics, top 10 smartest super hero, king of the most advanced nation in Marvel, which happens to be in Africa. Fought and defeated heavyweights like Iron Man, Captain America, Sabretooth, Fantastic Four.

shyt, he was even married to one of the greatest and most well-known female superheroes ever (Storm) until many white comic book fans bytched so hard about it Marvel broke up their marriage.

And guess what: Falcon has mad respect for him (Panther upgrades his wings in the comics). Luke Cage LOOKS UP to him.

Lack of a good location - This was mostly Kevin Feige saying that Wakanda isn't ideal since it's not in America. But apparently, Asgard is more than OK: they've done TWO FILMS with it.

They are afraid the movie will flop - Marvel / Disney just pushed a movie barely ANYONE knew the characters, and now it's the number movie this year financially. They know how to market movies, especially Disney.

So let's stop with the BS. There is LITERALLY NO EXCUSE for a black panther movie not being made.

So why hasn't it been done? For the same reason many movies with black people don't get done (the Toussaint L'Ouvertour movie Danny Glover wanted to make, the Luke Cage movie that got dropped, and many others).

For those Hollywood investors, a Black Panther movie will be TOO BLACK!

A black setting (Wakanda), black extras, black supporting characters, and to top it off a black lead that is as smart, strong (physically and mentally), and influential as most of his white counterparts? Or may outright be better than them? AND a white dude (Klaw) may be the villain that takes an L against panther on film?:ohhh:

Yea. They are NOT gonna fund that. A movie that may counter the constant dominance of white supremacy / white privilege on film? No way.

@Ziggiy...like you I hope the movie gets done. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. But it's clear Marvel is on that bullshyt. I really doubt the film will happen anytime soon, let alone ever. And if they ever do the film, I SERIOUSLY doubt they will show him the respect he and his mythos deserves.

The only way I see this being done and done well is:

A. Find funding outside of Hollywood.

B. Distribute it through other channels outside of Hollywood. And I'm not sure if that possible being that BP belongs to Marvel.

If Marvel wanted it done, it would've been announced by now. Clearly, they don't want it done.

:whew:, he tried to tell yall:wow:

There's A LOT of receipts in this thread I'm about to pull. @Ziggiy :salute:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
He actually has intimated the opposite recently.

One other interesting note: Feige was also asked whether characters in the movies could be gender or race-swapped like Thor or Captain America in the current comics. He responded:

"I think it's more likely that we'll see some of the existing female characters from the books or some of the existing African-American or African-African characters from the books come to life before we swap some of the other heroes."

Again, Feige never says anything point-blank until he's ready, but "African-African" sounds to me like a Black Panther movie is on the way for sure.

http://www.blastr.com/2014-7-29/kev...confirms-avengers-3-will-be-infinity-gauntlet

Black Panther is coming brehs. Just not in the next two years.

:patrice: some of these posts are looking funny

Some but not all. Fukk with me. :mjgrin:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Nick Fury is Black.
They gave us War Machine 3 times and we just got Falcon.

No disrespect to Black Panther but fukk Black Panther. I don't get why cats are sweating him so much. I would rather see a Luke Cage movie over BP, why can't Luke Cage get love and attention from y'all??

:sas2:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Said it,:diamondbackthreat:
Owned up to it.:lukecagesmug:
Pleasantly surprised and shocked. :diamondsmug:

Still like Luke Cage and can’t wait for season 2:CageUmad:

In all fairness, I am a DC stan

Martha

Last edited:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I could see Marvel going with the female Black Panther and just acting like there never was a male version of the character in the cinematic universe.
It would kill two birds with one stone.

Lupita N'Yongo as Shuri the Black Panther
Tsl3Gdm.jpg
:wow: