Marvel Now Has No More Excuses....Give Us WAKANDA

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Bishop was once popular just off the xmen tv show just like storm and gambit nobody knew black panther like this:usure:
Lets agree to disagree
5LHASfy.png

@Bryan Danielson Glad you came around
jLUVQ89.png

Last edited:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Panther just ain't an interesting character. When I read comic books back in the day, he was never a character that I would get hyped about.

The character won't be able to carry a movie on his own. Same reason why Black Widow or Hawkeye will never get their solo movies. Those characters aren't strong enough to carry movies on their own.

Guardians was a group of characters, that's why that movie worked even without a high profile character. Imagine if it was just Starlord, no one would want to go see that flick.
:jawalrus::sas2::umad:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Black Panther just ain't an interesting character. When I read comic books back in the day, he was never a character that I would get hyped about.

The character won't be able to carry a movie on his own. Same reason why Black Widow or Hawkeye will never get their solo movies. Those characters aren't strong enough to carry movies on their own.

Guardians was a group of characters, that's why that movie worked even without a high profile character. Imagine if it was just Starlord, no one would want to go see that flick.
full
full

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Marvel went from this...

"As 2013 began, many critics warned of "superhero fatigue," and their predictions of doom, gloom and bursting bubbles persisted... until "Iron Man 3" raked in over a billion dollars worldwide that May. It was followed by "Thor: The Dark World" in November, another film whose box office numbers were pretty stellar on their own.
2014, however, is a new year, and with every new summer blockbuster season comes a series of fresh challenges. Not satisfied to rest on its laurels (Well, there will be some laurel-resting going on; "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" opens in April) Marvel is branching out with Phase 2 of their Cinematic Universe roll-out, which includes new -- and lesser-known -- commodities.
Enter the "Guardians of the Galaxy": Easily the least popular superhero squad to appear on-screen for Marvel thus far, and the strangest, most fantastical concept it's ever tried to thrust into the mainstream.
And, by a wide margin, the biggest risk the Disney-led Marvel film franchise has ever taken. With risk comes the possibility of reward, but also the chance of derailing its juggernaut -- if only for a single film."

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/news/is-marve...h-guardians-of-the-galaxy#clte0ytkxk2bHLsJ.99

To This....

"Following its record-setting $94.3 million domestic debut on Aug. 1, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy has posted some of the strongest weekday numbers of 2014, including the #1 non-holiday Monday ($11.7 million) and the #1 Tuesday ($11.9 million) and Wednesday ($8.8 million), for a total domestic gross of $126.8M. It has set industry records for the biggest August Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday as well. This was the 10th Marvel Studios release and its 10th consecutive #1 domestic opening. The film's $92.5 million international tally from 42 territories contributes to a global gross of $219.3 million through August 6.

The momentum of
Guardians of the Galaxy has lifted The Walt Disney Studios to several box office milestones this week. Domestically, Disney moved into second place in domestic market share as of Aug. 6 and will reach $1 billion in box office today. This is the ninth consecutive year and 18th year overall that the studio has reached the $1 billion threshold."

Read more: Guardians of the Galaxy Hits $219 Million at the Global Box Office - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121601#ixzz39kyer12Y
Follow us: @ComingSoonNet on Twitter | ComingSoon on Facebook

They took a movie starring a ragtag group of D-LIST characters from the comics, including a talking tree and a fukking racc00n, and turned it into the most celebrated blockbuster film of the year. People turning out in DROVES to watch it and enthusiastically singing its praises. And yet, at the apex of their powers, with Hollywood in the palm of their hands they have THIS to say about A possible Black Panther film....

“In terms of Black Panther, it’s absolutely in development,” Feige told BlackTree TV at the Thor: The Dark World press junket in London. “When you have something as rich as Wakanda and his backstory — and clearly Vibranium’s been introduced in the universe already — I don’t know when it will be exactly, but we certainly have plans to bring him to life some day.”

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...tely-in-development-says-marvels-kevin-feige/

Some day:ufdup:

WE WANT BLACK PANTHERN NOW

my breh ziggiy put pressure on their necks
:blessed:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It'd be the same damn thing. If BP is d-list, Bishop is p-list :mjlol:

Basically this. Black Panther made history as being the first black superhero in a mainstream comicbook, and for representing Black Excellence as early as 1966.
Luke Cage made history for being the first black superhero to have his own comic. Both of those characters completely deserve all of the shine they're getting right now.

Wakanda forever :salute:

Bishop was hot in the early 90s, but after that... :francis:

He's kind of a dope concept, but he's mad redundant.
"Bu-bu-b-but he's a time traveler! And he's from a dystopian future!"
Yeah, for the third time, after Rachel Summers and Cable did it first.

If we're going to keep it a stack, 80s X-men >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 90s X-men. People love the 90s era because the cartoon was hot and we were kids, but almost all of the best stuff from the cartoon (Phoenix Saga, Proteus, Dark Phoenix, Days of Future Past, Wolverine in Japan, Genosha, Alpha Flight) was really lifted from the comic storylines of the late 70s and early 80s, well before Bishop was even created.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Yo. Anybody frequent Comicvine?

I don't see no review or articles about BP movie anywhere on there. Like 2 'battle' threads (who would win between Batman and the Animaniacs.. shyt like that) featuring BP characters but that's it.

It's freaky. They usually have all these articles on the latest comic movie

:mjpls: