Marvel just added 4 more movies, including an "Antman and Wasp" sequel

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well I'd argue if I'm a woman then I would say "how many times have we seen male superheroes?"

Every single one of us men, black, white, hispanic, asian, whatever, all speak from a position of privilege. We may argue that as black men we don't have a lot of privilege and that's true but we damn sure have more than women especially when it comes to media representation. Whether you're a white guy or a minority, you can easily find someone on tv or in film who represents you in one way or another and the world is tilted toward what we want and what we like. If you're a woman though and you read comics, or have an interest in mediums that are normally male dominated, you're almost a rare species. So why wouldn't they feel like "Wow, another movie with men in costumes beating up other men in costumes" regardless of whether its the 6th or 100th spider man movie

It's crazy. Wonder Woman is one of DC's most popular heroes after Batman and Supes and we are JUST now getting a film in 2017.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
9fe4d00eec520b9a6d2b5193d8a3f880.gif

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Well I'd argue if I'm a woman then I would say "how many times have we seen male superheroes?"

Every single one of us men, black, white, hispanic, asian, whatever, all speak from a position of privilege. We may argue that as black men we don't have a lot of privilege and that's true but we damn sure have more than women especially when it comes to media representation. Whether you're a white guy or a minority, you can easily find someone on tv or in film who represents you in one way or another and the world is tilted toward what we want and what we like. If you're a woman though and you read comics, or have an interest in mediums that are normally male dominated, you're almost a rare species. So why wouldn't they feel like "Wow, another movie with men in costumes beating up other men in costumes" regardless of whether its the 6th or 100th spider man movie
:jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm: surely you meant, women of color:jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm:

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I can't blame them, they got their shyt pushed back twice now.

If that happened to BP, I would've been livid.

Also, numbers aside, someone in Marvel must really believe in Ant Man.

Especially to market a movie and doctor pym is a wife beater.
Like the worst visuals and ideas in comic history bad.
When Henry pym used ta slap fire outta Wanda.
I really wonder how marvel has gotten away with backlash.
on drunk Tony stark and woman wife beating doctor pym.

Art Barr

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I'm not saying we're second class citizens breh but I'm just saying we get to speak from a position of power. In a world where us fukkin everything in sight means we're handling our business and players and pimps but if a woman does the same she's a slut or a whore or a thot, I feel like we're ahead, even if it's only by a little

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
*Marvel enters meeting with Carol Corps*

Marvel: we pushing the Capt. marvel movie back :smugfavre:

Carol Corps: :dwillhuh:.......:usure:

Marvel: wait, it's on international women's day.:whoa:

Carol Corps: :jbhmm:.........don't do that again :ufdup:

Marvel::obama:

*Marvel leaves the room*