Marvel just added 4 more movies, including an "Antman and Wasp" sequel

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I think them pushing Captain Marvel back may even speak volumes with how strongly they believe in the Wasp satiating female audiences, and perhaps in GotG 2, if they expand their cast to include some of the other cosmic ladies.

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
The funny thing about this new demand for Action/Superhero films led by "Strong female characters" is that Hollywood already tried it back in the 2000's with Tomb Raider, Elektra, Catwoman, and Aeon Flux.

All of those films were critical/commercial flops, and Hollywood interpreted that as meaning Action/Superhero films led by "Strong female characters" don't actually draw enough money and butts to seats from either gender. :sas1:

Now that they are getting their way, I certainly hope that female "geeks"/feminists/the Tumblr crowd are actually serious enough about all of this and fully intend on actually watching Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel.

Although I somehow get the impression they will find something "Sexist/Misogynist/Offensive" to complain about in both of those movies as well.

If both films flop, do they have any legs to stand on? :sas2:

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
Like what?

Art Barr

BiWWj.jpg

grootmanny.png

I am Groot...

Conz

Superstar
Daps
just realized - what if one of those 2020 releases was Marvel's placeholder spot for Fantastic 4? Maybe they're already working on the co-ownership deal with Fox :feedme:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
"I hope the Captain Marvel movie is a shytty flop because feminists are annoying and there aren't a lot of female action stars"

:russ:
there aren't a lot b/c it's a stupid premise on the surface and everyone secretly knows that. no one actually wants to watch a woman kick ass. stop lying to yourselves and falling captive to the Pc police. you want t*ts.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
How many times we seen spidy...

only reason they push the date, fans been waiting to see marvel's black superhero solo film before the film date pushback...when did carol became so big

But I do belive those two films shouldn't be push back so long but it could be a good thing

Well I'd argue if I'm a woman then I would say "how many times have we seen male superheroes?"

Every single one of us men, black, white, hispanic, asian, whatever, all speak from a position of privilege. We may argue that as black men we don't have a lot of privilege and that's true but we damn sure have more than women especially when it comes to media representation. Whether you're a white guy or a minority, you can easily find someone on tv or in film who represents you in one way or another and the world is tilted toward what we want and what we like. If you're a woman though and you read comics, or have an interest in mediums that are normally male dominated, you're almost a rare species. So why wouldn't they feel like "Wow, another movie with men in costumes beating up other men in costumes" regardless of whether its the 6th or 100th spider man movie

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I wonder what Ant-Man and Wasp will be based on. Ant-Man was literally based on the character's only story of note.

Captain Marvel getting pushed back is a shame for the fans of the character

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm actually excited for Captain Marvel. Probably my third most anticipated comic book flick after Shazam! and Black Panther.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
there aren't a lot b/c it's a stupid premise on the surface and everyone secretly knows that. no one actually wants to watch a woman kick ass. stop lying to yourselves and falling captive to the Pc police. you want t*ts.

Projecting like hell

There are all kinds of "women who kick ass" in various media that have a lot of fans. Some have "t*ts" (are sexualized) and some don't

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The idea that women don't show up on screen or participate in the action isn't true of Marvel. They don't take center stage or get their name in the title but since Ironman 2 every Marvel movie has had a female character kicking ass. On the small screen side things are are even better. Agents of Shield's most capable field agents are mostly women and Jessica Jones is getting her own show next month.

Women haven't gotten to lead a solo movie yet but they are well represented.