Marvel just added 4 more movies, including an "Antman and Wasp" sequel

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Aesthetically he is not believeable as the panther.
Just like Jaime is just there as the black guy in django.
With Bozeman as the lead.
Imo, it was done.
So, bp would not possibly have the ability to actually draw on par as high as the main draws in the comic world.
When, it actually could and the movie is missing a real lead.
Imo, they did not look hard enough.
Plus, did not do the same type of integral casting.
As they did to find, the perfect Thor, or perfect iron man, or perfect wolvie, or perfect Xavier and mags, etc.
The bp actor choice is just black flavor of the only season they let black film's draw in the past few years.
Bozeman is not the believeable perfect choice.
Nor does it illustrate the time they put into their other flagship characters.
This bp casting is all matter of fact casting.
Similar to all the lame castings they did not put time into.
from ghost rider to anyone not named ironman, cap or Thor.

Art Barr

Yeah Bossman was picked by default, the talent pool for Black Actors outside of the old guard right now is just:shaq2: :scust:and definitely contributed to his selection. He's the hot Black actor at the moment. However he doesn't look like a boss to me which is what the character is.

Characters like Black Panther, Doom, Magneto, Nick Fury etc who are running things need to be played by strong actors with a certain presence to add that air of believability. You should immediately know that they're big players from the moment you see them. I aint seeing it with Boseman at all.

I just can't see Boseman flexing and talking down to people without it looking corny:yeshrug:. I think the costume might have to do all the talking like how it's doing for Adam Driver in that new Star Wars movie.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Yeah Bossman was picked by default, the talent pool for Black Actors outside of the old guard right now is just:shaq2: :scust:and definitely contributed to his selection. He's the hot Black actor at the moment. However he doesn't look like a boss to me which is what the character is.

Characters like Black Panther, Doom, Magneto, Nick Fury etc who are running things need to be played by strong actors with a certain presence to add that air of believability. You should immediately know that they're big players from the moment you see them. I aint seeing it with Boseman at all.

I just can't see Boseman flexing and talking down to people without it looking corny:yeshrug:. I think the costume might have to do all the talking like how it's doing for Adam Driver in that new Star Wars movie.

:ehh:
We gon' see!

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

I agree, and the costume csn not do the heavy lifting cause the panther character has a secret identity.
Who runs a whole country.
So, I agree with you about Bozeman and the inability to connect to the role aesthetically.

Art Barr

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To completely squash that Inhumans rumor:

Marvel is making an "Inhumans" movie.

Yes, I know they already announced that they were making an "Inhumans" movie, going so far as to give the film a date and everything, and last year, they started seeding the idea of the Inhumans on the show "Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD," going so far as to transform Skye, one of the main characters of the series, into an Inhuman. This season, she's beginning to get comfortable with her powers, and she's hunting for new Inhumans who she can help.

There's a rumor online today that Kevin Feige has pulled the plug on the "Inhumans" film specifically because he doesn't want to have the TV side of things defining the rules and playing with the ideas for the next few years. I'll state simply that the rumor is not true. I went directly to an unimpeachable source, who told me that the film division is still planning to make the film, and there are certain elements of the "Inhumans" universe that have been declared off-limits to the "SHIELD" people as a result.

There have been several big comic book movie rumors this week that simply aren't accurate, and I have decidedly mixed feelings about writing stories simply to refute a rumor. I understand how this sort of thing happens, and how a partial piece of information can get reported as the whole story, but when you see the story everywhere and you are getting e-mailed from people asking why you're not running it, you sometimes have to jump in and say…

Nope.gif

… which is what we're saying in this particular case.

Here's how you will know that Marvel has cancelled the feature film. If you see the royal family, including Black Bolt, show up on the TV show, then there's a good chance the feature division has finally changed their mind.

Until then, "Inhumans" is set to hit theaters July 12, 2019.

Marvel is indeed still releasing 'Inhumans' to theaters in 2019

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Alright, read the post again. I agree with your first point, so its all good. I'll start with your second point, which was probably the most important one.

I've only seen TFA once, and to be honest, I rather not watch it again: the film was simply OK, imo. It felt very, very, straightforward. Somewhat hollow. Really bordering on average.

The prioritization of TFA: heavily leaning on CAP (Chris Evans did a very good job), then somewhat on Red Skull, Bucky, and Peggy Carter....somewhat. Beyond that, the rest of the supporting cast was very forgettable. I had to go to IMDB to remember that Tommy Lee Jones was in the film and that Howard Stark was in the story.

The result: key parts of the movie not being as hard hitting as it should've been. Bucky's demise in the grand scheme of things felt like whatever. The film just kinda moved on. The most memorable scene was at the end, when Cap's ends up "sleeping" and wakes up to meet Nick Fury and Shield for the first time.

Winter Soldier improved on the first movie's weaknesses (plus had great action scenes). This resulted in a far more engaging supporting cast that made you care about them and, most importantly, care even more about Cap. It's in TWS that you really see what Bucky meant to Cap, and vice versa. Through the supporting cast (Widow, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Pierce, Fury, Crossbones, all of SHIELD), you finally see that Cap is actually a big deal and worthy of respect, not just some near invincible grunt doing shyt in the battlefield. If you were kinda meh about Cap before, you really were rooting for him on TWS. That movie turned my viewpoint of CAP and he moved up a lot in my favorite characters list.

Which brings me to your third point:

The good news is, unlike Cap: TFA, BP's movie isn't the first time we will see him. Therefore, If the BP movie is more directly tied to T'Challa origin, then the supporting cast definitely have to be involved in someway. Outside of maybe the love interest and maaaaaaaybe the Dora Milaje, literally all of them are directly tied to T'Challa's early life before he was king (Klaw kills his father, and the rest are either family he cares about (Shuri, Ramonda, S'yan), or close friends (W'Kabi and Zuri). All of the supporting cast continue to be involved when he gains the throne, some more than others.

Regardless of the narrative they choose, T'Challa will of course have top billing and the best / most amount of feats, and the supporting cast ultimately is just that. But I think the film will miss a great opportunity to be much more than just and all-black version of Cap: TFA, where T'Challa is whooping ass and taking names, with some good dialogue here and there. He may be king, he is still human. I feel his supporting cast can help push the idea that T'Challa is not just a great King with heroic tendencies, but an even greater man as well.
Hey, if I'm not willing to even look at CA:TFA once I sure as hell aint gon ask that you take a look at it twice lol. I take your word on it as truth.

and:salute:to the rest of what you posted. I can rock with it.

I believe T'Chaka's death should be the central theme to T'Challa's motivations and character growth (the revenge aspect as well as coming of age as king) but i think the cast of characters can be included in an organic way like you suggested, especially in a likely 2 hour 15min movie. That said:
  • T'Chaka,
  • The villain,
  • and the love interest

These are the most important characters to me, personally. A strong father-son dynamic being evident in the first big budget black superhero film debuting on black history month... T'Chaka being a great black father whose son through his parenting becomes a great black man who saves his country/world and becomes a great afrikan king... That's the message I personally want black fathers and sons and would-be-fathers to get out of that movie.

If the rest of the cast can help contribute to that, I'm down. Good stuff man!

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
  • T'Chaka,
  • The villain,
  • and the love interest

These are the most important characters to me, personally. A strong father-son dynamic being evident in the first big budget black superhero film debuting on black history month... T'Chaka being a great black father whose son through his parenting becomes a great black man who saves his country/world and becomes a great afrikan king... That's the message I personally want black fathers and sons and would-be-fathers to get out of that movie.

nod-of-approval.gif

That...would be some real shyt on the big screen:obama:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Are we really REALLY doubting Chadwicke Boseman now:martin: dude has held his own in every movie he's been in. He was EXCELLENT in 42 and electric in Get On Up. NOBODY should be doubting his film presence after watching him in Get On Up.

Besides perhaps Chiwetol Ejiofor there is no better actor working right now that could bring the gravitas and nobility that T'Challa needs more than Chadwicke

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Are we really REALLY doubting Chadwicke Boseman now:martin: dude has held his own in every movie he's been in. He was EXCELLENT in 42 and electric in Get On Up. NOBODY should be doubting his film presence after watching him in Get On Up.

Besides perhaps Chiwetol Ejiofor there is no better actor working right now that could bring the gravitas and nobility that T'Challa needs more than Chadwicke

Brehs be trippin on Chadwick's acting game.

Dude not only sounded just like James brown, he behaved like James brown, danced like James brown, the whole nine.

If you didn't know how James brown looked like, you would've thought Chadwick WAS James Brown. And that is no easy feat whatsoever.

I'm confident he'll do well as T'Challa and give the character mad respect on the screen.