"Marvel is like a stripper, exciting at first, when it's over, you realize it wasn't all that great"

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
You know the main reason why DC > Marvel? (This bleeds into the comics as well).

Because in the Marvel universe the plot (Thor is the expection) ALWAYS takes place in New York City:camby:

Every single movie we see the same bullshyt ass shots of NYC,
The fukking cabbies:camby:
The empire state building:camby:
The same final stand in times square:camby:

Nyc in the Marvel universe should be the safest goddamn place in the multiverse with X-Men, Spider-man, Avengers calling that place home. It makes zero sense for street level heroes to exist.

In any form of Marvel media whenever the mention that the Earth is in danger/being invaded, they really mean New York is in trouble.:bryan:

I haven't seen any of the trailers for Age of Ultron, but I'm going to take a very risky gambit though it may sound way out there and guess the final battle/scene is in New york.

DC on the other hand are more creative and created two cities Metropolis (although boring) and Gotham (enough said) where Superman and Batman respectively OWN their cities and don't share with the other heroes.

Wanna know why?:bryan:

Because DC actually has the audacity to not play it safe and give the other characters their own turf (OA/Sectors for the GL corps, Fawcett city for Captain Marvel)
When the DC earth is in danger, it actually means the earth is in danger, it does NOT mean the Scarecrow released Fear toxin in the financial district of Gotham.

The avengers are based in Nyc :sas1:

JLA have a watchtower in space orbiting earth:sas2:

Marvel is childish.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
You know the main reason why DC > Marvel? (This bleeds into the comics as well).

Because in the Marvel universe the plot (Thor is the expection) ALWAYS takes place in New York City:camby:

Every single movie we see the same bullshyt ass shots of NYC,
The fukking cabbies:camby:
The empire state building:camby:
The same final stand in times square:camby:

Nyc in the Marvel universe should be the safest goddamn place in the multiverse with X-Men, Spider-man, Avengers calling that place home. It makes zero sense for street level heroes to exist.

In any form of Marvel media whenever the mention that the Earth is in danger/being invaded, they really mean New York is in trouble.:bryan:

I haven't seen any of the trailers for Age of Ultron, but I'm going to take a very risky gambit though it may sound way out there and guess the final battle/scene is in New york.

DC on the other hand are more creative and created two cities Metropolis (although boring) and Gotham (enough said) where Superman and Batman respectively OWN their cities and don't share with the other heroes.

Wanna know why?:bryan:

Because DC actually has the audacity to not play it safe and give the other characters their own turf (OA/Sectors for the GL corps, Fawcett city for Captain Marvel)
When the DC earth is in danger, it actually means the earth is in danger, it does NOT mean the Scarecrow released Fear toxin in the financial district of Gotham.

The avengers are based in Nyc :sas1:

JLA have a watchtower in space orbiting earth:sas2:

Marvel is childish.

This right here is the thing that never made sense to me. If you're a resident of NYC, why would you want a tower of Superheroes right in the middle of your city that screams "Come get me villains, y'all know where i'm at"? Why would the government even allow that shyt. They should make a movie on that instead but i guess that's DC's job

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown

Like 99% percent the only movie that took place majorly in NYC was Avengers

Captain America- lots of that was in germany/army bases
Iron-man movies -wanna say that takes place a lot in California
Captain America-DC
GOTG-Space.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
and I've tried to rewatch marvel movies a few times.

I end up turning that trash off or get bored and start browsing da innanets within 30 mins erry time

The first Iron Man and Captain America Winter Soldier are the only two that I can watch over and over again.

The first Dark Knight is the only DC joint I can watch.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I do feel like Marvel likes to cut corners.

They've yet to give us some all out, potent shyt.

Never going to level 10.People are so used to them being on level 6-7, when they take it to 8-8 1/4, it's marketed as some level 10 shyt, and the general population eats it up.

Like I said in another thread...they like to add water to the spaghetti sauce.It's good, but not as good as it could've been if you hadn't of tried to "stretch" the meal out.

That's broke folk shyt.Marvel has so much money, they should be whipping up spaghetti sauce like Peter Clemenza in The Godfather

We should be:eat:
i think that is the difference SO far in the studios... just look at the actual movies

dark knight rises had a 250 million dollars budget.... batman is a man in a suit, fighting other men in suits.. and nolan purposely dumbed him down with the gadgets and effects... he wanted a more real world feel.. gritty and dark.. doesn't take as much money to make it look as good..

even mos, same budget... besides the final battle, superman wasn't out there doing everything superman could... it wasn't super heavy on the effects until the last fight.. cast wasn't huge either

now with avengers... you got 8 motherfukking lead characters to pay... and that's just the main heroes.. not even the villians yet..

with the exception of widow, every one of them needs effects the whole fukking time.. everytime ironman puts on a suit you need special effect montage... his entire flights, fights, anything in the suit... include the hulk in that... include all the ultrons, jarvis, thor with the hammer flying, him flying, all the electricity he brings about... the big ass flying aircrafts, cap's shield flying around.....

we haven't even got to the villians yet flying around and other misc bullshyt

marvel has the mythical and magical heros by the bunch... but now that's all gonna change

starting with BvS, DC is gonna have to make those movies.. all these new dudes got superpowers and fly and there's gonna be 5-6-7-8 of them in the movie... and the villians will have to be that powerful too

it's real hard to be gritty and real when you got 5 motherfukking flying around shooting out laser blasts and shyt..

we all know what happened the last time DC tried that shyt

:sas1:

green-lantern-movie-image-ryan-reynolds-chaingun-01.jpg

Hector_Hammond_%28Live_Action%29.png

:sas2:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
You completely missed my point. I didn't say Spider-Man was struggling, I said it wasn't living up to its potential. Days of Future Past did over $700M. So did Winter Soldier. Spider-Man should have been well ahead of both of them. He should be up there with Batman.
no he should not be up there with batman

batman JUST rebooted... for the first time since the 80s.. with an A list director.. a dead A list actor as joker, and the hype that it would be 3 and done, nice neat trilogy

x-men is on it's fukking 7-8th movie in the series... going through its own second re-imaging.. and hasn't had anyone A list involved

spiderman is on it's 5th movie since 2002 and it's second reboot already.. with nobody really A list EVER being involved in the process at all... ever

and lets not forget, neither one of these series was released by Marvel at all... so they don't have the disney budget, nor the marvel backing to make the movie they should be

how we sitting here watching great fukking captain america flicks, but you think they'd have dropped the ball with spiderman and xmen if they had it... xmen would be avengers in itself

really how are we having this convo when DC had zero plans on a future... saw what marvel did and copied their WHOLE PLAN.. to the point they are blindly just throwing characters into a batman vs superman movie with ben fukking affleck...

what is telling you this will be any good at all?? they've had 2 great movies... DK and DKR... a good one in MOS.... and a history of pieces of shyt before that... and nolan ain't directing no more :francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think that is the difference SO far in the studios... just look at the actual movies

dark knight rises had a 250 million dollars budget.... batman is a man in a suit, fighting other men in suits.. and nolan purposely dumbed him down with the gadgets and effects... he wanted a more real world feel.. gritty and dark.. doesn't take as much money to make it look as good..

even mos, same budget... besides the final battle, superman wasn't out there doing everything superman could... it wasn't super heavy on the effects until the last fight.. cast wasn't huge either

now with avengers... you got 8 motherfukking lead characters to pay... and that's just the main heroes.. not even the villians yet..

with the exception of widow, every one of them needs effects the whole fukking time.. everytime ironman puts on a suit you need special effect montage... his entire flights, fights, anything in the suit... include the hulk in that... include all the ultrons, jarvis, thor with the hammer flying, him flying, all the electricity he brings about... the big ass flying aircrafts, cap's shield flying around.....

we haven't even got to the villians yet flying around and other misc bullshyt

marvel has the mythical and magical heros by the bunch... but now that's all gonna change

starting with BvS, DC is gonna have to make those movies.. all these new dudes got superpowers and fly and there's gonna be 5-6-7-8 of them in the movie... and the villians will have to be that powerful too

it's real hard to be gritty and real when you got 5 motherfukking flying around shooting out laser blasts and shyt..

we all know what happened the last time DC tried that shyt

:sas1:

green-lantern-movie-image-ryan-reynolds-chaingun-01.jpg

Hector_Hammond_%28Live_Action%29.png

:sas2:

Change the game and raise the budget.Avengers did 1.5 billy, plus they're backed by Disney.

A 400-450 mill budget shouldn't be out of the question.Use some of that to hire the best writers on earth.

You can blow minds and still make a profit.Beyond the promotion, word of mouth would have Avengers 3 hitting 2 billy easy

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
man of steel from start to finish more than once than you are a better and more patient man than I.
Is that the one with Brandon Routh or is that the other one im thinking of? Cause the one with Routh.... i saw that shyt on a high quality bootleg and have yet to this day seen the end of it.