Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
You know the funniest part about this is that Scorcese talking about the MCU generates more attention than the film he just made. There’s are a handful of Irishman threads that go on for maybe 6 pages across 3 threads.

I don’t really have a point to make, but I find it hilarious.
you hate to see it. he really went from the red carpet to couples having sex on the couch while "are you still watching?" turns off his latest film :wow: life comes at you FAST

So don’t buy stock in 99% of the companies listed on the Dow Jones? Where’s the line in the sand on this?

and did you just call me white did buying stock in a wildly successful company? Explain that one please.
i have whoever you quoted on ignore. usually thats great value dominic brehtto calling everybody white :mjlol:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because, just like I said, he salty a studio ain't pick up is 73rd mob movie.

U think Marty wants his movie streaming instead of in cinemas?
I think he's happy he got the money to make a movie he's wanted to make for years and make it the way he wanted. He's 76 years old and is considered one of the greatest films makers of all time, I really don't think he cares about box office numbers.

Daps
I think he's happy he got the money to make a movie he's wanted to make for years and make it the way he wanted. He's 76 years old and is considered one of the greatest films makers of all time, I really don't think he cares about box office numbers.

He doesn’t care about numbers, but he’s certainly pissed off his movie isn’t getting a wide release.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I got more “depth” and “meaning” out of Black Panther than ANY Scorsese or Coppola flick of the past 10 years.

And the BONUS was I didn’t hear the word ****** said not ONCE in the entire movie!

Who woulda thought
*anticipates someone calling you "stupid" for this post.

:skip:

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
What makes me seem happy about it? I'm merely stating a fact, you can deny facts all you want but is, I started in first post I don't like marvel movies
not because they are comic book movies because they are just poorly written, you got like 20 movies in the universe and nothing happens, no major character development, the shyt is taking advantage of comic stans.

With that said, Scorcese is overrated, just because you try to make a serious film doesn't make it superior to an action movie or comic movie

actually its much harder to make a comic book into a movie which is why it took decades for something like the MCU to happen
with that said the movies get way too much praise so the bar will not be raised and the movies will only get worst

:hhh:

He's most likely your favorite director's favorite director........:martin:

Last edited:
Daps
He'll be all in the videos during awards season so you'll have plenty of time to stay mad :mjlol:

??? I don’t understand. I don’t care about the award shows enough to watch them live or actively seek out information on them. I’m sure I’ll find out about whatever he said when someone posts a thread on it.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
??? I don’t understand. I don’t care about the award shows enough to watch them live or actively seek out information on them. I’m sure I’ll find out about whatever he said when someone posts a thread on it.

That's what I mean :dahell: this board gonna be posting about him until February. You'll have plenty of time to stan kids movies.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
And I'll also say marvel movies can be inspirational. I was personally inspired by how Robert Downey Jr used to be a forgotten actor/ hopeless black tar heroin addict but when he cleaned up and got sober the mf became a juggernaut in the game doing 50 mil per film :francis:.. He's basically the godfather of all these marvel movies we're seeing

Sober life :blessed:
Nothing about RDJ's redemption has to do with the content of his movies, breh. That's like saying Stranger Things inspired you because of how it got Winona Ryder back from being know as a has been shoplifter. Or Mr. Robot was inspirational for giving Christian Slater a second chance. Or Dallas Buyer's Club/True Detective inspired you because of Matthew McConaughey's resurgence.