Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@MartyMcFly, @Still FloW both got me on ignore exactly behind this Marvel/DC shyt so I guess it goes both ways. :mjgrin:
And I mean you up in here upping the thread day after day but want to act like you are even tempered. "We don't believe you, you need more people." :mjlol:
If @MartyMcFly got you on ignore then it's usually for a good reason not because he is a stan for DC movies which he isn't

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If @MartyMcFly got you on ignore then it's usually for a good reason not because he is a stan for DC movies which he isn't
:russ: Don’t even know why my name is being mentioned or what’s going on but yes to what you said. I catch hell on here for loving guardians 2 and iron man 3. I love Spider-Man more than any other character and there are only a handful of marvel flicks I dislike. Calling me a Stan for anything other than Spider-Man or James Bond is just disingenuous. But why let facts get in the way of a good story?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Kinda confused here as "The Irishman" is playing in theaters. Just in an extremely limited capacity.

Dude couldn't get the movie funded by conventional means though, which is why it's produced by Netflix.

Which is whatever, it's not unheard of.

Anyway, in the last month or so he's said:

1. Summer block buster type movies are pushing "real movies" out of the theater.

2. Marvel/Marvel type/comic movies shouldn't be in theaters.

3. He couldn't get his latest movie funded so he took it to Netflix and it'll only be in a few theaters.

And you seriously think those three things are completely unrelated? :mjlol:

It's like....c'mon man. Cut the bullshyt out. :stopitslime:

Fred.
nikkas just keep ignoring this over and over and over :dead: they got gold painted statues of marty in they room or something refusing to admit people can get bitter :mjlol:
aside from his love for tulsi gabbard :picard: there aint nothing wrong with jayshiggs. i'll never understand how people put him on ignore but let still slow run around posting crazy shyt on the daily

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Uh no one called him Stan of DC he just was very close with a self-proclaimed DC Stan and would come to his defense for whatever reason. I guess he was trying to set an example for him, but his buddy eventually got banned behind this Marvel/DC shyt so I guess it didn't work. :mjlol:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
That ain’t me lol. I think she’s cute but I ain’t lusting her. That’s someone else who roams these threads. @wire28 dont put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby :russ:
I was talkin about @jayshiggs my marvel brother for life but mortal higher learning enemy :birdman:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Then we circle back around to the point of why is it a problem to not care about his opinion :unimpressed:and the logical proceeding from that is if it is ok to not care about his opinion you shouldn’t care what other people say about him

kind of like how marvel fans shouldn’t care about people not liking their films marty fans shouldn’t care about people not being in love with him either
Again, you're going crazy with the hyperbole. No one asked anyone to be in love with Scorcese:gucci:They"ve been saying how crazy it is to call him some guy or to act as if his opinion on film doesn't hold more weight than random poster #2869. If Kareem Abdul Jabbar said And 1 wasn't real basketball, and an And 1 fan called him some guy, whose opinion on basketball was no more important than the average coli dude getting picked last at the YMCA, said person would get laughed at. If John Legend said nikkas using auto-tune and pitch correcting programs weren't real singers, and nikkas, that can't even handle karaoke night, said he was just some guy, they'd be told to get the fukk up outta here. You don't have to agree or care about the opinion of someone who is a master in their field, but that doesn't change the fact they're a master in their field and their opinion illicits respect, notice, and threads like this. When Martin Scorcese weighs in on the Jay vs Nas beef, imma tell him to sit his old ass down and stay in his lane.

I notice you conveniently aren't in here calling out Marvel fans because one guy doesn't like their movies.

Lastly, you really want me to pull up your copious amounts of Christopher Nolan stanning that flies in the face of the pure objectivity you're trying to preach right now? You were just joking for years, doe, right?:mjlit:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Again, you're going crazy with the hyperbole. No one asked anyone to be in love with Scorcese:gucci:They"ve been saying how crazy it is to call him some guy or to act as if his opinion on film doesn't hold more weight than random poster #2869. If Kareem Abdul Jabbar said And 1 wasn't real basketball, and an And 1 fan called him some guy, whose opinion on basketball was no more important than the average coli dude getting picked last at the YMCA, said person would get laughed at. If John Legend said nikkas using auto-tune and pitch correcting programs weren't real singers, and nikkas, that can't even handle karaoke night, said he was just some guy, they'd be told to get the fukk up outta here. You don't have to agree or care about the opinion of someone who is a master in their field, but that doesn't change the fact they're a master in their field and their opinion illicits respect, notice, and threads like this. When Martin Scorcese weighs in on the Jay vs Nas beef, imma tell him to sit his old ass down and stay in his lane.

I notice you conveniently aren't in here calling out Marvel fans because one guy doesn't like their movies.

Lastly, you really want me to pull up your copious amounts of Christopher Nolan stanning that flies in the face of the pure objectivity you're trying to preach right now? You were just joking for years, doe, right?:mjlit:
Well that’s different, Nolan is a genius and the closest thing to Da Vinci we will see for the next few centuries :troll:

you don’t want to go that route with me :ufdup:

plus his movies are still getting burn in theaters :troll: so he is true cinema, Marty is more so a home movie straight to dvd director at this point :troll:

tenet in theaters everywhere 7/17/2020

Last edited: