Marshall Mathers LP, top 5 hip hop album ?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Absolutely not. 4 mics IMO. Solid, well-put together with excellent lyrics and production. But little replay value and lack of substance knocks it down a few notches. It really didn't age well either. In retrospect, Eminem's career carried a lot of hype that he never quite lived up to.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
The beats sound garbage today. Eminem also has a lot of pop references so his albums are very much about the current times. Rapping about N*Sync and that.

The best songs are superb though.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
lol @ this "bu bu but, everybody is entitled to their opinion" talk.

sure, youre entitled to your opinion. but if your opinion is ridiculous, it will get pissed on.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
lol @ this "bu bu but, everybody is entitled to their opinion" talk.

sure, youre entitled to your opinion. but if your opinion is ridiculous, it will get pissed on.

I mean sure everyone is entitled to their own personal favorite albums but saying top 5 in all of Hip Hop? Nahhhh

BuyandSave

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#inherentville
Let's take a look at some of the songs on MMLP:

Stan (CLASSIC Hip-Hop song - if you say it isn't then you're just a hater)
The Way I Am (CLASSIC)
Kim (I don't care if you don't like this song because it's "weird" - it's a fukking masterpiece and one of the most creative and powerful Hip-Hop songs of all time)
I'm Back (Amazing song with one of the rawest choruses of all time)
Kill You (Great song)
Who Knew (Great song)

These are just off the top of my head. Some of the albums you call classics on this board absolutely pale in comparison - MMLP was untouchable.