Marshall Mathers LP, top 5 hip hop album ?

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
damn., maybe he really did ask suge if he could make him white :scusthov:

better than fukkin the chronic and 201 :what:

Yeah Doggystyle and The Chronic are both better albums in my opinion. Dre even said the only song he still likes off 2001 is "Lightspeed", it's no wonder Detox hasn't come out.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah Doggystyle and The Chronic are both better albums in my opinion. Dre even said the only song he still likes off 2001 is "Lightspeed", it's no wonder Detox hasn't come out.
wow

i mean granted hes heard em a million times but xxxplosive is a timeless, timeless classic. among several others

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
You mad cos you telling people to kill themselves for having an opinion on an album which is hailed as a classic. There is no specific criteria for an album to be top 5, it's all objective, and you're entitled to your own opinion.

I just don't know how you can argue against the Lyrics, Beats, Creativity, Delivery / Flow and Commercial / Critical Success of this album, to say someone doesn't know hip hop if they have it in their top 5 - 10 :manny:

Breh learn what a tongue in cheek comment is :snoop:

Who hails the marshall mathers lp as a classic other than Eminem stans? The rest of us dont.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
I put that shyt on my Spotify playlist a couple of weeks ago (along with The Eminem Show, 8 Mile Sdtk., and Slim Shady LP) and while some of those songs went hard, most of that shyt has aged TERRIBLY. And as good as it was lyrically, Em wasn't saying much of any substance throughout that whole album; of course, that's been the main problem with his whole career... he's really not rapping about shyt.

The best version of Eminem was the 8 Mile version.

Brown Ant

Hunter-Gatherer
Daps
Reppin
a colony near you

It's a top 5 album all time, no excuses for not accepting it. Listen to this shyt all the way through on high volume and soak in the GOAT sound.