March 15 Primaries - John used to get it in Ohio

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
:laff: this is hilarious coming from a Bernie Stan.
Yeah, that's a bit absurd. The thing is, neither said ever actually engaged in a policy debate. That's what made this election ridiculous. One person (Bernie) put forth ambitious ideas and the other person (Clinton) basically embraced those ideas while saying the most ambitious of them were not realistic. Sanders never explained with numbers how they were and she never said why they weren't. This election was awful. We'll never be as lit as we were in 08 ever again.

The Lakers and Obama in '08 movement :wow:

@houston911 naming Kobe "Martin Luther Bean" and saying him winning MVP was more impactful on the hood than Obama getting elected :wow:

nikkas turning up in the diag after Obama won.

The celebrity music videos and songs :wow:

Jeezy talking at the end of my president is black saying "I'm important to though...I'm the very nikka to bring the (insert car) through the hood..."

Hov's remix.

We were so hopeful then :wow:

Trump and HIllary are the two most disliked frontrunners in history. nikkas going to show up to work after election day like :yeshrug:

Unless, Trump wins :merchant:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I think you may be right about what this really came down to...

It's been some trolling inside the political threads on here but if we're gonna be honest we all know all politicians pander to a certain demographic and Bernie didn't. If you talk to a lot of the southern blacks, most would say they voted for Clinton more for familiarity versus policy. If Bernie was a good politician then he would've made end roads into the most loyal subdivision of the democratic party and that's black people or black women. You can't just say I marched with dr. king and stood up for black rights in the 60s. It has to be more than that and you can't just win on policies alone and mentioning wall street and revolution on every stump speech.

A lot of yall thought he could be Hillary, even you(swagnificent) made a thread last week talking about potential states he can win and make up the delegate math. But you failed to realize then what you may realize now that Hillary was picked to even win 8 years ago. Obama had to run damn a flawless campaign to get pass her and she still had more votes than him! The superdelegates that switched over gave him the nomination. What I'm saying is Bernie is no Obama in terms of being a polished politician.

A couple dudes on here are still going hardcore saying they'll vote for trump over Hillary and every black person who voted her is a stupid c00n, etc.. How about throwing some shade at Bernie and his campaign for NOT having a real game plan. He had so many opportunities to go at Clinton, so many chances before the primary season to really make a name for himself and get his face out there. I like killer mike, but it terms of popularity he 's a C+ rapper, he can't be your biggest surrogate and think that's enough to win over blacks from Hillary.

Except, the thing that Bernie fans appreciated him for the most was his lack of pandering and "not being a politician". Marching with King, constantly speaking out against over prisoning minorities and having policies that would directly effect the black community should ideally be enough to get the black vote. He appealed to a people who are tired of rhetoric, of politicians kissing babies and dancing in black churches but once voting in, doing nothing in office.

Also, Obama never pandered to the black vote (cause he didn't have to).

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Yeah, that's a bit absurd. The thing is, neither said ever actually engaged in a policy debate. That's what made this election ridiculous. One person (Bernie) put forth ambitious ideas and the other person (Clinton) basically embraced those ideas while saying the most ambitious of them were not realistic. Sanders never explained with numbers how they were and she never said why they weren't. This election was awful. We'll never be as lit as we were in 08 ever again.

The Lakers and Obama in '08 movement :wow:

@houston911 naming Kobe "Martin Luther Bean" and saying him winning MVP was more impactful on the hood than Obama getting elected :wow:

nikkas turning up in the diag after Obama won.

The celebrity music videos and songs :wow:

Jeezy talking at the end of my president is black saying "I'm important to though...I'm the very nikka to bring the (insert car) through the hood..."

Hov's remix.

We were so hopeful then :wow:

Trump and HIllary are the two most disliked frontrunners in history. nikkas going to show up to work after election day like :yeshrug:

Unless, Trump wins :merchant:
Let's be honest here. The guy did better than expected. This time around he didn't have a shot against Clinton. Also, you can't compare Bernie to Obama. Obama was a young charismatic senator from Ohio. Plus, he was Black and he gave people of color hope. Once Clinton had those Black preachers like John Lewis it was a wrap :snoop: However, I think Sanders will cake up after this and go on tours speaking to youth. So, he paved the way for future progressives :yeshrug:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I don't even care bout the negs anymore. Listen, I'm just gonna sit back and watch this political fukkery. It's to the point where we are an oligarchy. Until money is out of politics shyt will remain the same. g-d bless you all and i'm out.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Let's be honest here. The guy did better than expected. This time around he didn't have a shot against Clinton. Also, you can't compare Bernie to Obama. Obama was a young charismatic senator from Ohio. Plus, he was Black and he gave people of color hope. Once Clinton had those Black preachers like John Lewis it was a wrap :snoop: However, I think Sanders will cake up after this and go on tours speaking to youth. So, he paved the way for future progressives :yeshrug:

No he didn't. That's what buddy was alluding to in his post. You're a got damn senator.. A mainstream politican for fuk sake and you're out of touch with who you need to vote for you.

Let me ask you a question my g.. If you were the director/advisor to Bernie's campaign and he asked for your insight on how to win the minority (black vote) especially in southern states.. What would you have come up with?

Killer Mike? More Cacs support and listen to Killer Mike than brothers and sisters. Take a page out of Obama's book. Think Hov, Yoncè, T.I., Trey Songz, Jeezy.. all urban surrogates that Obama's campaigned used to connect with young black voters

Agnostic/Atheist? Bernie :martin: :dwillhuh: :snoop: really Bernie?

Basically you said fukk the larger black voting block of uneducated Jesus loving bible thumpers I'll target the young educated progressive black that rarely votes

Which lead to...

The Sanders campaign over compensating and betting on young minorities voting based off his civil rights movement participation which most young blacks show no connection to... and Killer Mike?

Target young progressive historically non voting minorities with old concepts like the civil rights movement and C level revoltionary rappers CACs listen to brehs :snoop:

nikka.. Hillary can be (could've been*******) beat. She isn't some untouchable force. Post 08 she's got more dents in her armor than ever before. Even with his sloppy ass strategy he had her on the ropes several times during this primary season

Last edited:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
The only thing delusional here is believing trump has a shot in general.

The irony of a bafoon who said Trump wouldn't get the nomination EVER using the word delusional....stop while you are down before its a blowout :mjlol:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
And all these news channels love to talk this "coalition" bullshyt. Obama built a coalition of young people and minorities. And make it seem like the coalition will go to the Dems for 100 years.

I want to see them keep taking this "coalition" for granted and keep thinking every democrat is obama.

breh, democrats are just as dumb as the GOP :russ:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
No he didn't. That's what buddy was alluding to in his post. You're a got damn senator.. A mainstream politican for fuk sake and you're out of touch with who you need to vote for you.

Let me ask you a question my g.. If you were the director/advisor to Bernie's campaign and he asked for your insight on how to win the minority (black vote) especially in southern states.. What would you have come up with?

Killer Mike? More Cacs support and listen to Killer Mike than brothers and sisters. Take a page out of Obama's book. Think Hov, Yoncè, T.I., Trey Songz, Jeezy.. all urban surrogates that Obama's campaigned used to connect with young black voters

Agnostic/Atheist? Bernie :martin: :dwillhuh: :snoop: really Bernie?

Basically you said fukk the larger black voting block of uneducated Jesus loving bible thumpers I'll target the young educated progressive black

Which lead to...

The Sanders campaign over compensating and betting on young minorities voting based off his civil rights moevemt participation which most young blacks show no connection to... and Killer Mike?

Target young progressive historically non voting minorities with old concepts like the civil rights movement and C level revoltionary rappers CACs listen to brehs :snoop:

nikka.. Hillary can be (could've been*******) beat. She isn't some untouchable force. Post 08 she's got more dents in her armor than ever before. Even with his sloppy ass strategy he had her on the ropes several times during this primary season
Listen, I'm a realist, but he had no real chance without corporations and etc backing him. Obama is a special case. Look what they did to others who were rebels. I'm glad he atleast got something paved in the ground.