It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Floyds was makin money off manny last night lol
Not like he was watching him as a fan.
And floyd is not a fan of someone who made excuses after the loss and a guy who he thinks is a cheater.

man you are really salty :heh:..even assuming what another man thinks of another man

ade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn’t mind seeing Bud test the PBC waters with Broner or even Ugas. All the dawgs in PBC, and I feel like Bud not being in the mix kinda hurts his marketability somewhat.

On the other hand, being the top dawg on the other side of the fence guarantees him Super fight status when the smoke clears in the PBC WW Division.

It’s literally a catch 22 for homie.

:merchant: Wayyy too dangerous

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
a couple of other posters here mentioned that if thurman tried to walk pacquiao down it let pacquiao move around him and pick him off from odd angles. that was a good observation.

b766kpm.gif

if thurman layed back, to hit him, pacquiao would have to run at him and cross the gap to get his punches off.

RDDB8I2.gif

so pacquiao had two ways to attack thurman, depending on if thurman came to him, or if he layed back on him. i thought that the pattern generally was that, when thurman tried to walk pacquiao down, pacquiao got a little better of it, and when thurman layed back and boxed pacquiao, thurman got a little better of it. when pacquiao is buzzing around you like that, his feet are so quick you lose track of where he is, he is around you, he is behind you, he is never in one place, and he is hitting you with shots from odd angles that it feels like he is nowhere but he is hitting you from everywhere. now if pacquiao has to run at you because you lay back on him, he becomes a lot more manageable, if that makes sense. you can predict him better, and it tires him out.

i think this was the first time i saw pacquiao get tired. there were times when pacquiao was in position to run at thurman and jump all over him like he normally would, but wouldnt, or couldnt, because he was tired. those are rounds that thurman controlled. ten years ago pacquiao could do that to guys at will. now theres a limit.

the common line of thinking on pacquiao, is that if you lay back on him, if you box him, you can give him problems. that has generally been the book on pacquiao since the first time he fought juan manuel marquez. that was a long time ago. but if you try to force the fight and take it to him, he can chew you up. that still seems to be true.
Yup.

I think though that Thurman landed a lot of heavy body blows first half of the fight that may have took off steam. I also think he was trying his best to conserve his energy for the championship rounds. Thurman landed a lot this fight and I think he got shook once he saw Manny bounce back from each one.

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Rewatching the fight, Goosen should not be doing commentary ever again. How do you mistook a body shot for a head butt? :stopitslime:
So fox and Showtime are affiliated right? Why can't the Showtime team do the fox ppv. Man Goosen sucked it up. Can't imagine how Jim lampley would have reacted to that body blow.

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self

Reminds me of Floyd sitting ringside at the Pac vs Morales rematch. Dude was jumping out of his seat the whole time.

Floyd always been a manny fan, when manny was in the lighter weights no where near Floyd’s radar there is video of Floyd at manny fights cheering him on.

@GzUp are you talking about the Morales match? Because Floyd was cheering for Morales, not Pacquaio. I think him and Erik Morales sparred early on in their careers? Something like that

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I wouldn’t mind seeing Bud test the PBC waters with Broner or even Ugas. All the dawgs in PBC, and I feel like Bud not being in the mix kinda hurts his marketability somewhat.

On the other hand, being the top dawg on the other side of the fence guarantees him Super fight status when the smoke clears in the PBC WW Division.

It’s literally a catch 22 for homie.
He was stupid for signing that contract with top tank. Why in poo perfect.hell did he do that? I can understand Fury going to Top rank, but not Crawford. Just dumb dumb dumb

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: how do I sound bitter just because I said this fight took a lot out of a 40 year old fighter?
If you're not ridin pacquaio's cizzock around here ppl get butt hurt.
Ofcourse the fight took something out of him
Thats a negative comment, just reality
Doesnt mean he won',t continue to win dependin on his opponent

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Ellerbe: If It Were Up To Me, Wouldn't Let Pacquiao Fight Spence

By Keith Idec

LAS VEGAS – Manny Pacquiao impressed Leonard Ellerbe on Saturday night.

The Mayweather Promotions CEO told a group of reporters following Pacquiao’s split-decision win over Keith Thurman at MGM Grand Garden Arena that Pacquiao looked 30 years old, not 40. Pacquiao appeared, in Ellerbe’s estimation, as if he could compete with any welterweight in boxing.

Ellerbe believes Pacquiao’s performance stemmed from working “smarter, not harder” in training camp. That gave the aged legend extra time to rest and saved more of his energy for fight night.

pacquiao-spence%20(2).jpg

That, according to Ellerbe, enabled the Filipino legend to fend off a grueling challenge from a younger, unbeaten Thurman when it mattered most. As good as Pacquiao looked in defeating the 30-year-old Thurman (29-1, 22 KOs, 1 NC), Ellerbe would advise against matching Pacquiao against the other undefeated 147-pound champion who’s part of adviser Al Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions.

Ellerbe emphasized that Pacquiao won’t ask his opinion on whether he should face Errol Spence Jr., but the veteran promoter thinks it’s a bad idea. A Pacquiao-Spence fight will become a logical possibility for Pacquiao’s next fight if the favored Spence beats Shawn Porter in their welterweight title unification fight September 28 in Los Angeles.

“I wouldn’t do it,” said Ellerbe, whose company co-promoted the Pacquiao-Thurman card. “I’m just saying, if it was me – sometimes you can just push the envelope too far. Spence is a huge welterweight, who’s in his prime, different kind of skill set, can punch with either hand. But Manny Pacquiao’s the kind of dude, he want that work. You’ve got to reel him back. … I would say no, don’t do that. That’s me, because I care about the guy. That’s a rough fight.”

Pacquiao (62-7-2, 39 KOs) stands about four inches shorter than the 5-feet-10 Spence. The strong, skillful southpaw dominated a significantly smaller Mikey Garcia (39-1, 30 KOs) in his last fight, March 16 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

The bout between the 29-year-old Spence (25-0, 21 KOs), of DeSoto, Texas, and the 31-year-old Porter (30-2-1, 17 KOs), of Akron, Ohio, was officially announced at a press conference Saturday at MGM Grand. They’ll fight for Spence’s IBF welterweight title and Porter’s WBC 147-pound crown in a 12-round FOX Sports Pay-Per-View event from Staples Center.

:unimpressed: stop babying a 40yrs old senator

Pac proved on Saturday that he is a top 3 ish fighter at 147 even right now, if he wouldn't let him fight Spence who would he let besides Crawford?