• Thurman by KO

Votes: 37 24.5%
  • Thurman by Decision

Votes: 35 23.2%

• Total voters

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
I think that body blow did it for Keith. Keith was gaining momentum. I think round 1 fukked him up though, so that he was hesistant from doing too much. Floyd said it best: Manny creates traps so that you gain confidence throwing several shots at once, and then he exchanges with you and catches you.

Manny feinted the shyt out of Thurman last night. He fainted that right hook every time Thurman even thought about jabbing. He feinted the body a lot too. I don't remember Manny feinting as much as he did last night

@Yuzo what did you think of the fight?

Its been years since I yelled at a knockdown as loud as I yelled at the round 1 knockdown last night.
a couple of other posters here mentioned that if thurman tried to walk pacquiao down it let pacquiao move around him and pick him off from odd angles. that was a good observation.

b766kpm.gif

if thurman layed back, to hit him, pacquiao would have to run at him and cross the gap to get his punches off.

RDDB8I2.gif

so pacquiao had two ways to attack thurman, depending on if thurman came to him, or if he layed back on him. i thought that the pattern generally was that, when thurman tried to walk pacquiao down, pacquiao got a little better of it, and when thurman layed back and boxed pacquiao, thurman got a little better of it. when pacquiao is buzzing around you like that, his feet are so quick you lose track of where he is, he is around you, he is behind you, he is never in one place, and he is hitting you with shots from odd angles that it feels like he is nowhere but he is hitting you from everywhere. now if pacquiao has to run at you because you lay back on him, he becomes a lot more manageable, if that makes sense. you can predict him better, and it tires him out.

i think this was the first time i saw pacquiao get tired. there were times when pacquiao was in position to run at thurman and jump all over him like he normally would, but wouldnt, or couldnt, because he was tired. those are rounds that thurman controlled. ten years ago pacquiao could do that to guys at will. now theres a limit.

the common line of thinking on pacquiao, is that if you lay back on him, if you box him, you can give him problems. that has generally been the book on pacquiao since the first time he fought juan manuel marquez. that was a long time ago. but if you try to force the fight and take it to him, he can chew you up. that still seems to be true.

TDUBB

All Star
Daps
Fighters are still shocked with Mannys speed.

What’s telling is Keith said he was most impressed with Mannys defense even though he wasn’t a fan of his defense before the fight.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Manny’s chin is hella underrated. Keith caught Manny with a couple beautiful step back counters as Manny was coming in (didn’t know Keith had them in his game) which I think would’ve hurt most welters. Manny was buzzed by a few of them, but he’s a tough dude. He continues to fight when he gets hurt as opposed to letting his opponents see they have him hurting. Manny is one of those guys who’s chin got better as he moved up in weight.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Floyd always been a manny fan, when manny was in the lighter weights no where near Floyd’s radar there is video of Floyd at manny fights cheering him on.
Floyds was makin money off manny last night lol
Not like he was watching him as a fan.
And floyd is not a fan of someone who made excuses after the loss and a guy who he thinks is a cheater.