manga: what you reading brehs....

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
that was possibly the craziest comeback i've ever seen in a series :wow: no way anyone anywhere predicts that happens

2nd place was Reze using her own head as a grenade, it exploding and turning into her full bomb form on the 2nd floor of the warehouse

THEN her headless body (still on the first floor) tackling dude and blowing up too

tcbchainsawman_46_06.jpg

tcbchainsawman_46_07.jpg

tcbchainsawman_46_08.jpg

tcbchainsawman_46_09.jpg

tcbchainsawman_46_10.jpg

tcbchainsawman_46_11.jpg

man i slammed my laptop closed when i first seen that shyt :unimpressed: Fujimoto is a cotdamn maniac

:russ:I forgot just how vicious Reze was.

I hope the anime does her arc justice because she's a dope character and had one of the best action sequences in the series. The shark ride :banderas:!

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
CSM 140

These dudes really got a Boxers only Chainsaw Man in the head of the wedding chapel :mjlol:

But this was a good chapter. It showcases the main thing from this whole part 2 for Denji. Does he want to be Chainsaw or does he want a normal life. Asa better be on the lookout.

SPOILER_C464B96D-EFF3-411B-ACFB-ED73A9318BBA.png

SPOILER_31BA77AE-2308-49B8-AB3C-93D572F25752.png

SPOILER_B7EC5A3C-FD93-42FE-9949-04155DE968C1.png

SPOILER_B783F21F-2C7D-41AB-8A1B-3E4679189317.png

SPOILER_5CA2A1BE-9767-4374-9DCD-E083323F50A0.png

SPOILER_6F170C9C-D7CB-4C1E-84D0-6A3C7DC78C3F.png

The whole argument about having to get married if smashes :deadrose::deadrose::deadrose:...

Quick question about this chapter:
So is it that one faction is threatening Nayuta and now the other may be threatening Asa?

Also that's another returning Hybrid from the Control Devil arc...I'd love if we got back some of the familiar hybrids. Kobeni's little brother keeps popping up too.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Ragna Crimson Vol 4

Sheeesh Crimson went straight :demonic: :damn:

Well know we get more infomation of the flashback of the previous future. Artemisia tries to turn Ragna into a Dragon Monarch, but he is able to resist and kill himself :damn: . But next we see Crimson appear after they all leave, which clearly shows that this is all according to his plan. But wtf could he be plotting. :jbhmm:

Back in the present in a great twist of fortune for Crimson, Ragna has the bloodline of the dragon monarchs. Very likely when the powers from the old Ragna gave his powers to the new one, he inherited a piece of the dragon bloodline. As mentioned before its only a piece since it varies for how long for it one to maximize their strength of gaining the dragon bloodline. Nebulim for instance gaining at the point he received the bloodline from Artemisia.

Ragna surprise of being able to move while time is stopped was the first shock. But it wasn't the real shock big shock. That belonged to Crimson whom bombed the capital. The biggest thing with Artemisia is despite killing people she never let them suffered. In her mind letting these people die peacefully was the best service she could do. Her view that God's judgement should be final. It doesn't excuse the reality that these people died, but she never seen them suffer. Crimson hit her ultimate weakness despite her loyalty to good she is a good person who is doing wrong things. A great shock to show how scary Crimson can be.

Crimson really thought he had everything thought out and thought he could wait out until Ragna gets a stronger body. Well Ragna is kinda consumed with revenge and putting a hold on it is not an option. (I mean its likely Leo dies if he waits and does nothing.) So in the ultimate fukkery the barrier breaks where Crimson is fighting a mashup of Ragna, Crimson and the dragon monarchs occurued where Ragna and Crimson are teleported to Lese where they are at the mercy of the silverware Princess.

This girl is fukking OD. First she doesn't have arms but she can move objects with her mind so basically no issue with having no arms. She can read people's auras, which she can tell truth and lies apart. Blue being truth and Red being lies. But on the other hand aura also lets her see the nature of the person. And for Crimson this is where mixing truth and lies aint going help him :pachaha: . Kind of figured Ragna was gonna save him and Starlia falling for him was obviously foreshadowed. If these 3 join forces there is about to be some hilarious fukkery :mjlol:

One thing I like about this series is that the characters aren't simply good or bad.
  • Ragna - Chaotic Good. He is genuinely a good guy with his intentions but the pain he has suffered echos for him to put his goals first.
  • Crimson - Neutral Evil. No question Crimson is a fukked up person. At the end of the day everything he does is for his benefit. Helping Ragna which is indeed a good act is only for his benefit.
  • Starlia - Lawful Neutral. We have seen her kill her fiance simply because of his evil intentions. Her morals are number and thanks to her abilities it gives her confidence she is always making the best judgement.
  • Artemisia - Lawful Evil. She one of the more interesting characters to me since generally speaking she might be the nicest person in this series after Leo. But man she puts gods will above anything else even if it means becoming a mass murder. This is highlighted even more when she freaks out when she sees people suffering.
74F6BF27-29D1-4468-AED0-1C8BE521BF73.jpg

2BD47D95-A3A6-43FB-AB54-7531A9642DAD.jpg

5ED19F00-D09C-46B9-983C-32938BB3B891.jpg

928AF8B5-C577-48B0-8D1C-32652AC89BB1.jpg

A98CE3C0-F989-4F90-B5FF-265935436823.jpg

51CFBB6A-C9B8-4DEE-A375-4A90CC7D1356.jpg

8C05DC1E-8984-4575-8F71-E9D49A23E690.jpg

8B50DA89-DB97-42D0-84AD-F5BFDDB94DDC.jpg

476409E8-020B-42B7-99F6-FC852D94024B.jpg

899CD76F-1A83-4E71-AA0D-055AAF8B97DC.jpg

06D91CB6-625E-4D4E-8628-1FEB3548D9C3.jpg

298CF18B-3C41-46D5-AC73-934D2FFDC715.jpg

0E226FA6-E179-4277-B13D-6F02D1AFCC8E.jpg

FE8FF417-9A61-4FFD-8ABD-CC070BC16D37.jpg

6759E559-B160-4D93-A999-9D588CB29F4F.jpg

C8A4935D-B6CA-4165-8F7C-1FBD2CF050EE.jpg

301E7B7F-9DF3-46BF-98BC-1C88640E145F.jpg

6DF2BC9F-E6CE-48BE-A97C-6653EEA2EC3A.jpg

85A16DBA-3710-492F-A3D2-83331C28746B.jpg

FF1BB3BD-57A8-4EB2-B230-6145C8F49558.jpg

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The whole argument about having to get married if smashes :deadrose::deadrose::deadrose:...

So is it that one faction is threatening Nayuta and now the other may be threatening Asa?

Also that's another returning Hybrid from the Control Devil arc...I'd love if we got back some of the familiar hybrids. Kobeni's little brother keeps popping up too.
Oh shyt I need go back and check that cause that makes the decision even more interesting. :ohhh:. Suddenly all this shyt is adding up together :wow:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Sarada dressing like she got daddy issues :mjlol:

......... Actually she does :mjlol:

Sakura letting her walk out the house like that :mjlol:

You already know when they adapt to tv that jacket gone be to her ankles on some Akatsuki shyt :heh:

The way Boruto descended from the heavens to stomp Code in the face... :mjlol:

That's how you end a chapter.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

I think all of the weapon hybrids are coming back

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think all of the weapon hybrids are coming back
I really hope it's not a dripfeed. One of the lesser known hybrids each chapter until the bigger recognizable characters pop up. I need that CSM pace to speedrun me to some reunions for Denji.

There's random ish I've been wondering about that'sunlikely but could be fun to explore for the mangaka:
- Can Hybrids contract with other Devils? It seems like it since Denji and Power made their deal. But I'd be curious if Katana Man could make a deal with the Future Devil for some synergy abilities.

- After Makima died, did her contracts expire. Or do they stay as Control Devil contracts since the Control Devil was reborn? Mainly so we could have Nayuta commanding hybrids against whatever the prophecy brings.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I really hope it's not a dripfeed. One of the lesser known hybrids each chapter until the bigger recognizable characters pop up. I need that CSM pace to speedrun me to some reunions for Denji.

There's random ish I've been wondering about that'sunlikely but could be fun to explore for the mangaka:
- Can Hybrids contract with other Devils? It seems like it since Denji and Power made their deal. But I'd be curious if Katana Man could make a deal with the Future Devil for some synergy abilities.

- After Makima died, did her contracts expire. Or do they stay as Control Devil contracts since the Control Devil was reborn? Mainly so we could have Nayuta commanding hybrids against whatever the prophecy brings.
I mean we didn't really know much about all those hybrids she used against Denji to begin with, they all should get a proper introduction now

I'm the opposite, reunions would feel too much like typical shounen fanservice and the reason I like the series is because it avoids those alot. There's too many OG fears that we haven't seen yet in this series that Fujimoto could work with instead of just rehashing the ones we already know, I wanna see more primal fears as well cuz Darkness Devil was bananas

Knowing how Fujimoto writes, we're gonna look back on these chapters as the good days :mjcry:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I mean we didn't really know much about all those hybrids she used against Denji to begin with, they all should get a proper introduction now

I'm the opposite, reunions would feel too much like typical shounen fanservice and the reason I like the series is because it avoids those alot. There's too many OG fears that we haven't seen yet in this series that Fujimoto could work with instead of just rehashing the ones we already know, I wanna see more primal fears as well cuz Darkness Devil was bananas

Knowing how Fujimoto writes, we're gonna look back on these chapters as the good days :mjcry:

After seeing how OP the Darkness Devil was; I feel like they'll need a bunch of powerful characters to fight even one. So, I'm hoping to get back Kishibe, Reze, and Quanxi. But I feel you on the fanservice aspect.

You're right though...this is probably the "light" part. Anyone that comes back is on the chopping block, considering 90% of the part one characters got taken out...most in unceremonious ways too. :damn:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
After seeing how OP the Darkness Devil was; I feel like they'll need a bunch of powerful characters to fight even one. So, I'm hoping to get back Kishibe, Reze, and Quanxi. But I feel you on the fanservice aspect.

You're right though...this is probably the "light" part. Anyone that comes back is on the chopping block, considering 90% of the part one characters got taken out...most in unceremonious ways too. :damn:
And I just thought about this

The ONLY reason Denji had any friends to begin with is because Makima made him work that job the second he transformed the first time. It woulda started out slow just like this otherwise.

I feel like this church is gonna be the same way

Unless Fuji hitting us with the

ohh-crossover.gif

Like he usually does

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
And I just thought about this

The ONLY reason Denji had any friends to begin with is because Makima made him work that job the second he transformed the first time. It woulda started out slow just like this otherwise.

I feel like this church is gonna be the same way

Unless Fuji hitting us with the

ohh-crossover.gif

Like he usually does
That gif :dead::dead::dead:

My initial guess is the Church will put Asa in danger. That'll help Nayuta realize that Denji's being forced not to turn, and she'll be mad (someone else controlling Denji gets her heated). Then Denji, Nayuta, and Asa will have to team up to fight both factions.

But Fuji being cold-blooded, could mean anybody dies or everyone dies...except for Denji. No one's ever safe :mjcry:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
That gif :dead::dead::dead:

My initial guess is the Church will put Asa in danger. That'll help Nayuta realize that Denji's being forced not to turn, and she'll be mad (someone else controlling Denji gets her heated). Then Denji, Nayuta, and Asa will have to team up to fight both factions.

But Fuji being cold-blooded, could mean anybody dies or everyone dies...except for Denji. No one's ever safe :mjcry:
True, the team is prolly gonna have atleast one person from each side

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Do we have Dandadan readers? I read that up to present based on the hype. The artwork is dope, and it's got some of the funniest gag art I've seen. The combat is wild creative, though sometimes it got so chaotic that I'd have trouble tracking everything going on (I think animation would fix that).

Downsides: I'm on the fence about the plot overall (feels like there's a lot more to see from that part of it before I really react); and the pervy stuff is part of my issue with the plotting...but in fairness, a lot of the pervy stuff ends with gags.

I think animating the action will take this joint up a notch. It's a fast read because it's so action-packed with massive spreads and great art.

Up next...I'm thinking of finally reading Berserk. Though, I also kinda wanna read where Oshi No Ko and Heavenly Delusion's anime seasons left off.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Do we have Dandadan readers? I read that up to present based on the hype. The artwork is dope, and it's got some of the funniest gag art I've seen. The combat is wild creative, though sometimes it got so chaotic that I'd have trouble tracking everything going on (I think animation would fix that).

Downsides: I'm on the fence about the plot overall (feels like there's a lot more to see from that part of it before I really react); and the pervy stuff is part of my issue with the plotting...but in fairness, a lot of the pervy stuff ends with gags.

I think animating the action will take this joint up a notch. It's a fast read because it's so action-packed with massive spreads and great art.

Up next...I'm thinking of finally reading Berserk. Though, I also kinda wanna read where Oshi No Ko and Heavenly Delusion's anime seasons left off.
Regarding the Dandadan the worst of the pervy stuff is at the beginning. Plot feels its still building up, but the arc that just ended was phenomenal. It starts as a fun silly manga with these kids at first. But it has its purpose and as the manga starts to become more serious it builds off it well. Compared to CSM Dandadan is much more safer with what it does but for me it executes that very well. Main cast is phenomenal each feel properly fleshed out. The art is fukking insane.

Def read Heavenly Delusion you aint seeing the anime for 4-5 + years at least. I honestly see the series ending before S2 happens tbh. I do want to reread it cause seeing everything comes to together and realizing will prob have me like :ohhh:

Imo stay anime only for OnK. Minus the interviews which in volume 1 which is there for foreshadowing. The anime imo outdid the manga. And consider the S2 Tokyo Blade arc is the peak of the series I think for a first time experience it would be better to experience first from the anime.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Regarding the Dandadan the worst of the pervy stuff is at the beginning. Plot feels its still building up, but the arc that just ended was phenomenal. It starts as a fun silly manga with these kids at first. But it has its purpose and as the manga starts to become more serious it builds off it well. Compared to CSM Dandadan is much more safer with what it does but for me it executes that very well. Main cast is phenomenal each feel properly fleshed out. The art is fukking insane.

Def read Heavenly Delusion you aint seeing the anime for 4-5 + years at least. I honestly see the series ending before S2 happens tbh. I do want to reread it cause seeing everything comes to together and realizing will prob have me like :ohhh:

Imo stay anime only for OnK. Minus the interviews which in volume 1 which is there for foreshadowing. The anime imo outdid the manga. And consider the S2 Tokyo Blade arc is the peak of the series I think for a first time experience it would be better to experience first from the anime.
I feel you on the pervy stuff dropping after the early portions. After the Turbo Granny and Nessie arcs, it definitely dropped. It was well worth getting past that too. A kaiju vs mecha finale to an arc is just amazing and NEEDS to be animated.

I'll def need to pick up Heavenly Delusion for reading if the delays are that heavy. Once I realized who Minihime and Shiro were, I wound up re-examining the whole damned season for hints at who became monsters and who played other roles in the future. So I even thought about just reading up to the end of the season so I could pick up more clues about the other students. But there's no way I'm waiting 5 years for an update, I need answers!

Oshi No Ko feels like it'll get a ton of support to come out fast and with quality production, so I can definitely push that to the backburner. I've got plenty of options to catch up on and I'm finally shifting to some Light Novel reading (I want more Mushoku Tensei and Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash). So my backlog just expands even when I catch up on a manga.