Man Y'all...It's Not Lookin Good For This Pac Flick

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Its a waste of time i am one of 2pacs biggest fans ever and i dont want to watch the film i dont even know anything about the film. i have personally seen like 25 2pac documentaries, i bought a whole bunch before and after 2pac ressurection it was way more in-depth about his life than a movie which is obviously some cash cow shyt.

they should wait like another 40 years to do a 2pac movie then you can really detail his influence and his story because it would be 100% more interesting if even only to find out how people where living in the 90s.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Pac is hard to play because he was so dynamic. Many people who knew him said he was like so many people in one (to a fault), whereas the world figures people compared him to in this thread weren't exactly as contradictory, save Malcolm X. It's not a bad thing or a diss it just is.

I mean some people believe Pac was just doing a genius method acting job. Good look finding a genius method actor to play a genius method actor

I feel like Spike lucked up with Denzel....I could just combat all the people referencing Malcolm X by asking if it's "SOOOOOO" simple to find an actor with Denzel's ability, who happens to be young and resembles Tupac.
How's it feel having Tupac dikk up your ass

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Its got CLIFTON POWELL in it so YOU KNOW IT WILL NEVER SEE THE BIG SCREEN... :lolbron:

Straight to Blu Ray and REDBOX

BBRFwk4qRKD

:dead:

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
shyts gon be a tragedy:francis:,I tried to have high hopes but we all know how this is going to end....At best it will be as entertaining as Notorious or the Tlc vh1 movie...i was entertained but pac got a better story then them,built for the cinema:mjcry:....Whats worse is i thought the stars was aligning to give us a classic....i been watching Ryan Coogler who is from the bay area rise in the ranks after Fruitvale,Creed,now he doin Black Panther for marvel:wow:....and to go along with tht you have Michael B Jordan who has become a star and has all the chops that you need to play Pac,from comedic,emotional,intensity,already played a bay nikka in Fruitvale...ladies love em and even the voice is powerful like Pacs:wow:....So i was really hoping the movie might fall to these two who like workimg together....thought they might be our F Gary and Ice Cube on this joint....instead we got benny boom and random nikka who looks crazy similar to Pac.

Ol boy lookin so much like Pac is the only thing tht got nikkas hype to be honest....i personally wouldve preffered great actor over a stunt double,but looks are importnt for sum reason....Denzel aint look shyt like Malcolm but he put on a great performance in a okay movie,and same with Will Smith in Ali....i guess most biopics aint that great if we bein honest,so fukk it:mjcry:
Never thought of Michael B

That would have been a good move

He's a little too tall to play pac though

Daps
He has money , but not enough to fund something like a death row movie , plus you need investors , Daz isn't someone you'd wanna invest your money in , I'll be surprised if that movie comes out

yeah that's what i was thinking

I don't even really know if Daz has money, but even if he did he doesnt have THAT kind of money. It would take a P Diddy or Dre to entirely self-fund a movie lol, and even then that would be a stupid decision for them unless they knew it would be a hit.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know several people who are directly involved in the production of this flick, and they all say the same shyt: the production is a disaster, the script keeps getting reedited cause nobody's happy with it, Benny Boom ain't got no control over the talent, too much parlayin on the set and not enough acting....

Bottom line: expect this movie to be pretty BAD. Like, "Boring, Rainy Saturday That You Spend Watching PiranhaGator On SyFy Network" type of bad.

Hate it had to be Pac...but I been sayin for YEARS that they should never make a Pac movie, PERIOD. You'll never do that brotha's story justice, no matter who shoots it or who stars in it.

It's over

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
The thing is, I disagree.

They CAN do a Pac film that does him justice, only no one has the balls enough to tell the real story :mjpls:

They know Pac is still an ICON in the community, so if they showed shyt like Snoop being a jealous fucc boy, Dre being gay and Diddy putting bounties on him etc.. it's gone make tons of people stop fuccin with them :mjpls:
:sas1: This is true. This for all the people saying "Why can they make a great Malcolm X film, but Pac's a sacred calf? What's so special about him, that isn't special about Malcolm?" it isn't so much that Pac is the sacred calf, it's just that the people that Pac beefed with(besides the street guys like Haitian Jack, Jimmy Henchman, and the Southside Compton Crips) are all still BIG names in the industry. And they all have lawyers, attorneys and whatnot who have the power to sue the LIFE out of the studios, or directors who would make a Pac film that would REALLY in-depth about the conflicts he had with other artist(including those on Death Row).

Fact of the matter is, SOOOOOO much info was leaked and shared via the internet age in late-90's/early-00's after 2Pacs death. When the Malcolm film came out, there were no internet forums in 1992 where everyday people can discuss the intricacies of Malcolms life, and theories about his assassination, the same way there was after Pac died. Bottom line, there's too much info and theories out there for people to be satisfied with a Pac film that is beholden to the politics of Hollywood and the music industry at large.

If Spike Lee cameout with that Malcolm X film TODAY, in the internet age, you think that film would be as well-received as it once was? In 1992, the fact that Malcolm X had a feature film made about his life, was enough. But today, I think folks would pick apart that film and say that Spike was trying to make the film palatable for a White audience.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
so people like Ghandi, Malcom X, Ray Charles, Ip Man, Muhammad Ali, Larry Flynt, etc have/had lives that were easy to convey in a "simple" 2 hour movie"? but Pac was soooo complex and sooooo unique that he just CAN"T EVER be duplicated in a movie?

:mjlol:

Dont go there bruh..POST-DEATHERS. Its the reason why this corny movie cant be done.

Too much inserted & revisionist history & therefor none of the directors will agree. Good IMO. Glad it flops.

LMAO "2pac such a complex characters" & all that shyt but like you said, Malcolm X, Ghandi, Ali etc aint? And the fact
ol dude is even mentioned besides them is beyond hilarious.

POST-DEATHERS.