Man Y'all...It's Not Lookin Good For This Pac Flick

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyts gon be a tragedy:francis:,I tried to have high hopes but we all know how this is going to end....At best it will be as entertaining as Notorious or the Tlc vh1 movie...i was entertained but pac got a better story then them,built for the cinema:mjcry:....Whats worse is i thought the stars was aligning to give us a classic....i been watching Ryan Coogler who is from the bay area rise in the ranks after Fruitvale,Creed,now he doin Black Panther for marvel:wow:....and to go along with tht you have Michael B Jordan who has become a star and has all the chops that you need to play Pac,from comedic,emotional,intensity,already played a bay nikka in Fruitvale...ladies love em and even the voice is powerful like Pacs:wow:....So i was really hoping the movie might fall to these two who like workimg together....thought they might be our F Gary and Ice Cube on this joint....instead we got benny boom and random nikka who looks crazy similar to Pac.

Ol boy lookin so much like Pac is the only thing tht got nikkas hype to be honest....i personally wouldve preffered great actor over a stunt double,but looks are importnt for sum reason....Denzel aint look shyt like Malcolm but he put on a great performance in a okay movie,and same with Will Smith in Ali....i guess most biopics aint that great if we bein honest,so fukk it:mjcry:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: @ Not being able to make an effective movie of Pac. A masterpiece movie was made for Malcolm X and a good one was made for Ali. What makes Pax so undoable and untouchable? Please enlighten me.

If u think Malcolm x was great u maybe dont know that much about Malcolm X....Many Pac fans know everything there is too know about Pac,and all the various crazy stories:wow:....So i think those fans realize it will be hard to make everybody happy,too many people thinking certain thimgs shouldve been included that wasnt.....and lets be clear pacs life had more highlights than muhammad ali /malcolm x and run ins with more famous people for obvious reasons

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
Pac is hard to play because he was so dynamic. Many people who knew him said he was like so many people in one (to a fault), whereas the world figures people compared him to in this thread weren't exactly as layered, save Malcolm X. It's not a bad thing or a diss it just is.

I mean some people believe Pac was just doing a genius method acting job. Good look finding a genius method actor to play a genius method actor

I feel like Spike lucked up with Denzel....I could just combat all the people referencing Malcolm X by asking if it's "SOOOOOO" simple to find an actor with Denzel's ability, who happens to be young and resembles Tupac.

Last edited:

DPG

Banned
Daps
Anyone got a link to thread about that breh playing Pac in some japanese or chinese movie? :lolbron:

miihzt.jpg

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Not sure why people expected different. Most of these rap films are terrible and rife with overacting/dramatization not to forget Hollywood's stamp of gross and extreme exaggeration.

Pac was definitely an enigma. To say that his life could not be documented into a 2 1/2 hour screen adaptation is a bit far fetched. If anything, this highlights the need for quality actors and casting etc in the black circles in Hollywood. Not saying that Maino isn't good at playing a thug or hood character but you want that actor that puts you in that chair and makes you envision their character as someone in real life (Alonzo from Training Day).

With that said, I definitely wont put on my Armani and head to the theaters to see this one. May just go on one of those films.bootleg.ph websites and stream to the phone on wifi of course.

Daps
Wes this the one Daz Dillinger was doing? Cause the clip he posted on instagram was awful lol

rogueguy

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Skip ya like a spacebar
I would peep into that big ass thread on here for it and just never get a good feeling, so I'm not surprised its shaping up poorly.

I hate that all our black icons and legends from the 80s on up are getting really shytty, low budget initial biopics. It sullies the market and makes me not even wanna see their stories told even though they need to be. Unfortunately these studios don't even care about quality they just want the dollars and buzz that comes with being the first to make a film.

Whitney's first movie being nothing more than "see Bobby wasn't all that bad" propaganda hurt my heart. Aaliyah getting played with some shyt even Nollywood wouldn't put out pissed me off, but Pac getting fukked over? That's gonna be devastating man. He deserves something timeless on the level of what Spike and Denzel did for Malcolm.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I run/work in production circles around Atlanta, let's just say if you're casting supporting roles thru Facebook WHILE the movie is shooting, it may not be a good final product.

I gotta find out the budget too, that tells a lot as well

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I run/work in production circles around Atlanta, let's just say if you're casting supporting roles thru Facebook WHILE the movie is shooting, it may not be a good final product.

I gotta find out the budget too, that tells a lot as well

Supposedly the budget was higher than Straight Outta Compton.

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
Yall ain't even seen the shyt and yall bytching. Can't be no worse than those shyttty movies 2Pac starred in. "Poetic Justice" & "Juice" were alright, rest were trash.