Man with the Iron Fists - Written/Directed/Starring RZA

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Just watched this weekend :whew:

Got a little slow in the middle but I liked this a lot more than I thought I would.

:ohlawd: @ lucy liu flying down and chopping that dudes head off

:lawd: Russell Crowe gutting that fat guy in the beginning

:russ: anal beads

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
gonna have to see the extended cut when it his on 2/12 since rza was forced to shorten the movie

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its definitely worth a watch. People diss the fight scenes but truthfully they was on point for the most part, its just that people seemed to be hoping for some long shot hand to hand combat and there wasn't alot of that. But there are some dope sequences, X-Blade was dope and the Ying Yang Twins fight was good.

I watched it with my girl, she dont like martial arts movies but she liked this, aside from Russel Crowes character. RZA's acting was pretty bad and it did move kinda quickly, but if they release an extended directors cut (i dont see why they wouldn't) im def coppin.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Just watched this weekend :whew:

Got a little slow in the middle but I liked this a lot more than I thought I would.

:ohlawd: @ lucy liu flying down and chopping that dudes head off

:lawd: Russell Crowe gutting that fat guy in the beginning

:russ: anal beads

p*ssy Beads :jawalrus:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
no way was it a good kung fu flick, that was the shocking and disappointing part of it all..i was looking forward to some of what he showcased on wu tang vs golden phoenix. This had none of that with strong glimpses of potentiality within certain scenes and acts. The RZA stated that he went through training to sharpen his skills and also went into Hung Gar training which was never shown in the film, pure waste in my books. I enjoyed the style and tribute to the genre and loved the weapons displayed..what a shame man!

The blacksmith flashback was my fav part of the film..had me in stitches!!

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I thought the fighting was going to be like True Legend or some shyt...

I really wanna have a talk with RZA about this..

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
the overall look and designs were cool, I mean who else wants to see A follow up to the last dragon in this style?

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
finally watched it last night

Way too much focus on blood and gore and not enough focus on the actual skill of the martial artist.

Dude should of took some of that budget and hired Donnie Yen or Tony Jaa to choreograph those fight scenes man because they all pretty much doodoo.

I can live with a cheesy storyline and plot as long as the fight scenes are top notch, RZA didn't deliver in that area though. Decent fight scenes could have saved this film

as far as modern American made Kung Fu flix go ....

Mortal Kombat & Big Trouble in little China >>>>> The Man with the Iron fist.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
finally watched it last night

Way too much focus on blood and gore and not enough focus on the actual skill of the martial artist.

Dude should of took some of that budget and hired Donnie Yen or Tony Jaa to choreograph those fight scenes man because they all pretty much doodoo.

I can live with a cheesy storyline and plot as long as the fight scenes are top notch, RZA didn't deliver in that area though. Decent fight scenes could have saved this film

as far as modern American made Kung Fu flix go ....

Mortal Kombat & Big Trouble in little China >>>>> The Man with the Iron fist.

he just made the mistake of choosing an ass fight choreographer, that dude choreographed the first transporter and i think that was his claim to fame