Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Because it's not real boxing

It was a slugfest which is what most people find entertaining for some reason

That's one of the main differences in Creed though. Despite the slugfests there was actual boxing and technique mixed in between.

Only person who used any kind of technique was Apollo and that's because he was based off Muhammad Ali
It's because more often than not they lead to knockouts, and the average joe has no idea how to appreciate a nice, technical fight. They expect all fights to play out like two drunken a$$holes in a bar brawl throwing toe to toe haymakers until someone falls. These same type of dumbasses are the type who boo for no reason during MMA fights. I figure if ppl want to see slugfest shyt fights, go watch toughman fights or something like that :manny:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I love these movies but not V and that's not cuz it's universally shytted on by you or critics but it's just not good lol.
Rocky
Creed
Rocky 3
Rocky 2
Rocky 4
Rocky Balboa

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff: @ the very thought of any doctor medically clearing Rocky for fights further in his career

They would've looked at his MRI head readings like :huhldup::whoa::whoa::whoa: "Nah breh you're fukking done. As a matter of fact, prep his ass for emergency brain surgery STAT!:damn:"

Doctors cleared him because they found his non defense fights entertaining

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It's because more often than not they lead to knockouts, and the average joe has no idea how to appreciate a nice, technical fight. They expect all fights to play out like two drunken a$$holes in a bar brawl throwing toe to toe haymakers until someone falls. These same type of dumbasses are the type who boo for no reason during MMA fights. I figure if ppl want to see slugfest shyt fights, go watch toughman fights or something like that :manny:
It's true in the movies as well...

In fact, it's possible that the Rocky movies helped create this slugfests = entertainment thought process

And that's also why I liked Creed so much. They were slugging like crazy compared to actual boxing matches but they boxed technically too. It was intelligent slugging kinda. Footwork, sidestepping, angles, slipping, rolling, shoulder rolling, parrying, etc., all in a phonebooth type fight.

It's tough to box like that in real life but definitely exciting and definitely technical and aside from a lot of mistakes Creed was making, it was very correct in a way

Last edited: