Man, I slept on Wolf of Wall Street... :wow:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i do. i don't think there is any retribution for leo's character. in real life that dude got out of jail and went right on the speaking circuit and basically got away with it and is still living high on the hog despite only having a talent for scamming people. he's basically smirking at you in the end. compare that to goodfellas. henry hill's life was destroyed (ray liotta smiles in the end but he's done, henry hill on the howard stern show in the 90's and 2000's does not paint a pretty picture). deniro and paul sorvino are in jail. joe pesci is whacked. sopranos last few seasons captured this as well. "everything comes to an end".
This.

I've seen the movie once and that was enough for me.

In retrospect, Joker reminds me of this movie in that it glorifies bad decisions and there isn't really any meaningful takeaway other than anarchy and indifference to others. Jordin Belfort was basically the Trump of the stock market but the purpose of the movie is just to glorify his life. And everything ends with a book, the publicity getting Belfort even more speaking gigs across the globe and Hollywood putting money in his pocket via a movie that is directed by the arguably the best director in the world where he is played by arguably the best actor in the world?

Kinda telling how the Trump saga will likely end in the good US of A.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Just watched it after years. It’s a very easy dope watch. No boring parts.

Matty McConaughey’s character should’ve got more time, they never mentioned what happened to him
His real life counterpart actually went to work for Jordan for a few years when he started Stratton Oak.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
giphy.gif

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I don't think its buried breh i think its right there on the surface. All of the craziness of it is part of the message; these are people who do whatever they want in anyway they want and everything contributes to that

even the FBI agent sees at the end of the day that all his "good work" was all for naught...as Jordan gets to go to Club Fed, keep his wealth and still make more money as a speaker

meanwhile, he's on a train ride home and nobody gives a fukk about him or what he did...a thankless and in the grand scheme of things, meaningless day at work

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
even the FBI agent sees at the end of the day that all his "good work" was all for naught...as Jordan gets to go to Club Fed, keep his wealth and still make more money as a speaker

meanwhile, he's on a train ride home and nobody gives a fukk about him or what he did...a thankless and in the grand scheme of things, meaningless day at work

Yep, you can lock 100 JBs up but if the culture is the same it doesn't matter. I think thats what Scorcesse was trying to get at, it comes off as glorification but in the end its a giant mirror. Look at the films legacy and what most ppl took from it. Ppl took the wrong things from shyt like Taxi Driver and Fight Club too though.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I don't think he had to do much acting in this movie tbh. This was like ok go be yourself maybe a bit more of an a$$hole

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yep, you can lock 100 JBs up but if the culture is the same it doesn't matter. I think thats what Scorcesse was trying to get at, it comes off as glorification but in the end its a giant mirror. Look at the films legacy and what most ppl took from it. Ppl took the wrong things from shyt like Taxi Driver and Fight Club too though.
Yeah he’s always exploring shyt like that. People think he’s glorifying it in goodfellas too just because he’s showing there are things the characters revel in that us regular folk can’t. But in the end, the whole shyt goes asunder. Death, prison, witness protection, paranoia, all of it. None of that sounds “cool.”

If you’re going to depict a lifestyle on camera then you have to be honest about all of it. That includes the spoils that come from said lifestyle and the wish fulfillment. And each of his movies that do that always show the downfall is inevitable.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
I just saw it myself....Leo had me dying all throughout this joint. nikka powering up from coke with Popeye eating spinach on TV was like a Chappelle Show skit:dead:

Frank Castle calling dude a wig wearing faggit:russ: