Man, I slept on Wolf of Wall Street... :wow:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
i'm sorry, this is one of the most awful scorcese movies there is. goodfellas is 10000x the movie this is. i think WOWS is simply a fantasy for bro/idiots who don't have the connections/ability to succeed in a completely corrupted business world. goodfellas completely strips away the fantasy of the fast mob life while this movie revels in the material consumption that causes humans to lose their own humanity while chasing the dollar.

What a wonderful fantasy. Become a snitch,lose your wife, kids, livelihood and have to do seminars on the other side of the planet to make a buck. Who wouldn't want that outcome?! lol

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
i'm sorry, this is one of the most awful scorcese movies there is. goodfellas is 10000x the movie this is. i think WOWS is simply a fantasy for bro/idiots who don't have the connections/ability to succeed in a completely corrupted business world. goodfellas completely strips away the fantasy of the fast mob life while this movie revels in the material consumption that causes humans to lose their own humanity while chasing the dollar.
It's a comedy. Too many people taking this flick too serious.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i do. i don't think there is any retribution for leo's character. in real life that dude got out of jail and went right on the speaking circuit and basically got away with it and is still living high on the hog despite only having a talent for scamming people. he's basically smirking at you in the end. compare that to goodfellas. henry hill's life was destroyed (ray liotta smiles in the end but he's done, henry hill on the howard stern show in the 90's and 2000's does not paint a pretty picture). deniro and paul sorvino are in jail. joe pesci is whacked. sopranos last few seasons captured this as well. "everything comes to an end".

But again, it's not celebrating that. to me, it's leaving it to you the viewer to decide for yourself what that is and whether that's cool