Man, I slept on Wolf of Wall Street... :wow:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah but it wasn't focused on that, it was just one drug induced scene after another. The message is buried under 3hrs of crazyness, it doesn't really dive into a moral understanding, it's just a free ride into fukkery. And I'm fine with that cuz it entertained. I got nothing out of the film as far as depth or moral responsibility. Yeah they greedy, we know this it's Wallstreet that's their motto.

I don't think its buried breh i think its right there on the surface. All of the craziness of it is part of the message; these are people who do whatever they want in anyway they want and everything contributes to that

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I don't think its buried breh i think its right there on the surface. All of the craziness of it is part of the message; these are people who do whatever they want in anyway they want and everything contributes to that
Guy has millions of dollars and does whatever he wants. Nothing deep there. At least not to me. It's a comedy through and through, several serious scenes but they are lost in the fog of fukkery. It could've been the cliche rags to riches to rags, which it kinda does follow but it side tracks to ridiculousness.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Guy has millions of dollars and does whatever he wants. Nothing deep there. At least not to me. It's a comedy through and through, several serious scenes but they are lost in the fog of fukkery. It could've been the cliche rags to riches to rags, which it kinda does follow but it side tracks to ridiculousness.

Straight up though, I think the only ay to show how ridiculous and unfair the system is, is to show the ridiculousness of it to the point where its a farce

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Straight up though, I think the only ay to show how ridiculous and unfair the system is, is to show the ridiculousness of it to the point where its a farce
Exactly. These dudes was makin crazy money off the backs of poor people. They were convincing poor people that they could live like them if they copped useless sh1t from them. Wall st is filled w/ snakes like that. Muthafukkaz brought down the economy and poor people bailed them out. Sh1t is wild. You'd think more people would be upset. Where as this movie has comedic tones, its troubling that its more realistic than people seem to admit or realize.

Leo selling them penny stocks was :wow:, but he kbew they were worthless, but still talked that poor b*stard into loading up on em. Snakes :scust:

But damnthis sh1t was entertaining :noah:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Exactly. These dudes was makin crazy money off the backs of poor people. They were convincing poor people that they could live like them if they copped useless sh1t from them. Wall st is filled w/ snakes like that. Muthafukkaz brought down the economy and poor people bailed them out. Sh1t is wild. You'd think more people would be upset. Where as this movie has comedic tones, its troubling that its more realistic than people seem to admit or realize.

Leo selling them penny stocks was :wow:, but he kbew they were worthless, but still talked that poor b*stard into loading up on em. Snakes :scust:

But damnthis sh1t was entertaining :noah:
Via the McConaughey speech I think the movie also is making the point anyone who actually takes these guys advice is a greedy idiot as well. The entire movie is really just shytting on the culture of Wall Street, everyone involved. It is just a circle of greed. The original idea of offering stock in a company is to raise money for future investment. Now it is just legal gambling for everyone involved, not only is that true but the results are manipulated and no one cares at all.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
I wanted jonah to get that supporting actor oscar as well. he was HILARIOUS in that film.

Jared Leto played a dying transsexual that year so Jonah didn't stand a chance at winning. Leto killed it too, but that supporting actor award was wrapped up the moment the Dallas Buyers Club script was released.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
I don't remember anything about the movie other than the part where that one broad showed her p*ssy.

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
i'm sorry, this is one of the most awful scorcese movies there is. goodfellas is 10000x the movie this is. i think WOWS is simply a fantasy for bro/idiots who don't have the connections/ability to succeed in a completely corrupted business world. goodfellas completely strips away the fantasy of the fast mob life while this movie revels in the material consumption that causes humans to lose their own humanity while chasing the dollar.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i'm sorry, this is one of the most awful scorcese movies there is. goodfellas is 10000x the movie this is. i think WOWS is simply a fantasy for bro/idiots who don't have the connections/ability to succeed in a completely corrupted business world. goodfellas completely strips away the fantasy of the fast mob life while this movie revels in the material consumption that causes humans to lose their own humanity while chasing the dollar.

You think it revels in it? I feel like it's pointing out the ridiculousness of it and is completely satirical and a farce

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
You think it revels in it? I feel like it's pointing out the ridiculousness of it and is completely satirical and a farce
i do. i don't think there is any retribution for leo's character. in real life that dude got out of jail and went right on the speaking circuit and basically got away with it and is still living high on the hog despite only having a talent for scamming people. he's basically smirking at you in the end. compare that to goodfellas. henry hill's life was destroyed (ray liotta smiles in the end but he's done, henry hill on the howard stern show in the 90's and 2000's does not paint a pretty picture). deniro and paul sorvino are in jail. joe pesci is whacked. sopranos last few seasons captured this as well. "everything comes to an end".