Man, I slept on Wolf of Wall Street... :wow:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I'm definitely in the minority, but I actually didn't like the movie. I thought he basically just copied the style of Goodfellas and pasted it as this. Nothing was really original or new.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm definitely in the minority, but I actually didn't like the movie. I thought he basically just copied the style of Goodfellas and pasted it as this. Nothing was really original or new.
He made Goodfellas so he isn't copying anyone. This is his style of film making. A director having a distinct style you can recognize as theirs is a good thing not the other way around.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
He made Goodfellas so he isn't copying anyone. This is his style of film making. A director having a distinct style you can recognize as theirs is a good thing not the other way around.

I know he made Goodfellas. That's why I wasn't impressed with this movie. I think his other movies standout as being more unique, while this one is more of a cookie cutter.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was rolling in the theater. Dope flick, kinda pointless but it was a comedy so no big deal. Just fukkery galore.

I don't think it was pointless breh. It was pointing out the greed in our society especially by those who can afford to be greedy and cheat the system

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I don't think it was pointless breh. It was pointing out the greed in our society especially by those who can afford to be greedy and cheat the system
Yeah but it wasn't focused on that, it was just one drug induced scene after another. The message is buried under 3hrs of crazyness, it doesn't really dive into a moral understanding, it's just a free ride into fukkery. And I'm fine with that cuz it entertained. I got nothing out of the film as far as depth or moral responsibility. Yeah they greedy, we know this it's Wallstreet that's their motto.