Man I fukked My Back Up Something Serious At Work This Morning. First Time Ever WTF Do I Do?

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
does this machine cut the hams? this sounds dangerous as hell

Not the machines Im on. I work this machine that spews the casing with a seal over the meat (which is coming out of another machine) which is then made into a log which goes on the conveyer at that point. Then the shyt goes somewhere else.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

-Quikness-

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a roofer by trade, so I feel your pain dude. Pay to see someone, maybe put you on a tens machine and rest for a week. Call in sick and get yourself right, will be better than fukking it up more and then walking round like a cripple for the next few years

kevin arnold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

My cousin was there. He just finished up his settlement from them. He injured his back too. They ended up firing him, they were trying to deny it at first. He just went and got a lawyer.

It’ll take like 1-2 years to settle though. He had disc protrusions and pinched nerves

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Only two unexpected days off in 10 years?!? And you're worried about losing your job for a serious injury?

My man, ain't no job worth your health. Get immediate medical attention.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Whatever you do, do not overstretch, or really stretch out your back at all. shyt will set you back.

The best thing you can do is walking in between periods of rest. Be careful to not sit or lie down for extended periods of time.

Core exercises, like lying hip thrusts or superman pose exercise (arms in front), will help tremendously. No situps, hold off on planks until you are back to normal.

If it's just a strain, it will slowly get better. If you herniated a disc, you're in trouble. A huge part of back injuries, is that they can be really discouraging. You can feel great before going to bed, and wake up feeling like you're back at square one. It takes time, but it will get better, don't get too down and remember to go on walks to keep yourself active.

Use your arms when you have to get up from bed or from sitting down.

When you return to work, use a belt, and practice safe lifting techniques. Belts do not replace proper lifting.

I would also speak to a supervisor about filing a work injury report. It's better to have the paperwork ready in case you have to go to see a doctor, instead of reporting it after the fact.

Last edited:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Well if you went to urgent care like coli brehs said you'd be back at home on muscle relaxers and painkillers and you'd be fine by now.
But since you wanna tough it out, you'll be down for at least 3 days.

Edit: Welcome to :flabbynsick:. This will definitely not be the last time this happens.