MAMMI OPRAH WINFREY denied by a store. Saleswoman assumed she couldn't AFFORD to shop there.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
What??.....bruh...what the fukk are you talking about?

I said she may have been stereotyped. That doesn't make it racist....I never said it made it OK. and it doesn't make it right. But it doesn't mean that based on what we know that it was racist.

if they lady kicked her out of the store cuz she was black then yes that would be racist.
but that isn't the story as I know it

Your troll game is nice. Question: are u white?

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Bet the clerk woulda recognized Beyonce though

:youngsabo:

bow down Oprah

tumblr_mpjq49Zgc81rz200eo1_500.gif

WOAHMYGOODNESS

Your TSC World Champion
Daps
you do realize that last year Oprah made about $3m/wk right? That's about $75,000 an hour using a 40 hour work week.

If her buying that bag makes her a c00n, you buying a stick of gum means you deserve to be lynched :dead:
:ohlawd: if I ever got a restart to life im doin whatevrri gotta do yo get that kind of money

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Man this site really has fallen off. Many of the replies here sound alot like st0rmfr0nt posts:

http://www.st0rmfr0nt.org/forum/t986345/

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
'White' people will NEVER understand racism......even though they created it.

Story reminds me of the time I bought this album......

41mj3PqDICL.jpg

Clerk was like: You sure you want that? Might be a little 'heavy' for you. We got that new N.O.R.E. in, though.
:stopitslime:
Rather than slap the taste out that fool's mouth, I just took my business elsewhere. The store soon closed down.​

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Yup.
If it were me...

Oprah: "You don't know who I am, do you?" :lolbron:
Salesbytch: "No..." :unsure:
Oprah: "That's ok. By the end of the day, you will." :youngsabo: :russ:

:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

It's either racism or at least xenophobia, some places in Switzerland are seemingly really crazy for foreigners, I have some Italian friends (white) who were treated like shyt there, and that wasn't even in luxury stores obviously. Stories have emerged that they even have non-official guidelines to not give jobs to French people because they're "lazy" :ohhh:I mean it seems like the German speakers look down on the French speakers, and they're all Swiss :dwillhuh: So not surprised one stupid sales clerck would treat a black woman like that, I'm more surprised that someone in Switzerland would not have a clue about who Oprah is tbh

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
meh...I'm not sure that this can automatically be attributed to "racism." I'd personally have to hear more than this to think that race was a factor.

High end stores, especially in Europe can be extra snooty and uppity to anyone who isn't known to them.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"She was denied service at a handbag shop, with a shop assistant telling her the bags were "too expensive" for her".

:dahell: That is BEYOND offensive. Who would say that to a customer without knowing if that customer could afford it or not? Yes it's racism. I would've made a statement if that happened to me. I would've bought that store and fired you.

They do the same shyt to people of all races if they don't look gucci enough. :patrice: But yeah, if you're non-cac looking walking into the Louis store the watchmen give you the :aicmon: if you even think about touching the display items

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of the most wealthy people walk into stores in flip flops and scrubby clothes. While the broke asses come looking all GQ. If you ever done sales you know this.

Completely unrelated but the other day I was in a fastfood joint and this cac was waiting on line dressed in cac plaid shorts, shytty ugly ass slip-on Walmart shoes, and a ratty ass white shirt but I notice watches and I saw on his wrist he had a two-tone Datejust :ohhh:

I remember thinking, "Nah, that's prolly a fake :heh:"

When he was done ordering he walked outside and walked into an all white Boxter S and revved it before driving off:dwillhuh:

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL you are a fukkin idiot

so if I say that all black dudes have huge cocks and are great basketball players ....is that racist??

If I say that All asians are great at math...is that racist??

no, you see things can be racial...and not be racist. but clowns like you think that EVERYTHING is fukkin racist.

I'll take positive stereotyping for 500, Alex