Making 100k a year - What's it like?

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
I was making 106k + 700$ a month from a tenant :win: so you can say I was making like 120k a year. Even though I was in DC :win:

I went from make 65k to over 100k. I'm a very thrifty guy on a daily basis. I got a house, upgraded my car and clothing game. Tvs, furniture, didn't hesitate to buy steaks and shrimp at the grocery store like before. Didn't hesitate to buy 200$ shoes like before. Didn't mind spending 80$+ at a happy hour or clubs. I had no gf, but I still was very cheap and rarely spent money on women/dates/drinks. I went on vacations. And i still was able to save a 1,000$ a month. I don't even care when I got paid bcuz I never was waiting for money. I always had 1000s in my checking. 100k is gravy for a single man as long as you arent a trick. I bought everything i wanted and was still able to save. It's not getting rich money, but definitely it changes you and your sway and confidence.

You in dc I see. What area of industry are you in?

Heafcliffe

Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
I was making 106k + 700$ a month from a tenant :win: so you can say I was making like 120k a year. Even though I was in DC :win:

I went from make 65k to over 100k. I'm a very thrifty guy on a daily basis. I got a house, upgraded my car and clothing game. Tvs, furniture, didn't hesitate to buy steaks and shrimp at the grocery store like before. Didn't hesitate to buy 200$ shoes like before. Didn't mind spending 80$+ at a happy hour or clubs. I had no gf, but I still was very cheap and rarely spent money on women/dates/drinks. I went on vacations. And i still was able to save a 1,000$ a month. I don't even care when I got paid bcuz I never was waiting for money. I always had 1000s in my checking. 100k is gravy for a single man as long as you arent a trick. I bought everything i wanted and was still able to save. It's not getting rich money, but definitely it changes you and your sway and confidence.

You in DC I see. What industry are you in?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Cot :damn:! Dat nikka needs to downsize. A car in college?:comeon: A nikka ain't get his first car until 3 years after school.

It's difficult to do that because emotion and ego gets in the way. You get emotionally attached to a house, even though it's making your broke. And your ego won't let you sell the benz and cop a Hyundai because you think people will think less of you because you're driving a "cheap car."

At that point, your life becomes this. Them little nikkas ain't going nowhere :pachaha:

3328528_o.gif

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Im in IT what yall know about making 130k a year just off taking 2 test :takedat:

:comeon: put that shyt into perspective b. You're not going to make 130k in IT because you passed some certs. It'll come down to the right amount of experience and the right number of years of it.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Don't think about starting your own lawn care business, do it. Save up money for equipment, start researching the amount of money you'll charge, and begin networking to effectively target your potential clients. Ownership is the only way to true wealth. Also get ready to be disappointed. I pay about 33% of my income in taxes. I pay more in taxes now per month than I used to take home when I was making 50k/year. Lastly you won't feel any different. You're still going to have to budget. You're still going to have save. And you're still going to have to be responsible and sensible with your money.

Tips:
Have a plan and don't think of it as a quick hustle. Building up takes time. You're most likely not going to jump from 40k to 140k in 3 weeks. You'll have to have a sound plan, and spend the majority of your time executing that plan.

Make your financial goals your priority. If you spend more time bullshytting (on the internet, playing video games, watching TV) than you do pursuing your goals, you'll never be successful. You have sleep for 8 hours, and work for 8 hours. If you spend that other 8 hours fukking around, don't complain about not being financially successful.

Don't be a broke high earner. Making 6 figures doesn't mean your rich. It means you have a lot of income. Don't blow your money on bullshyt. I made myself the promise that my monthly bills will no go over $2000/mo, regardless of how much I make. I still drive the same car, still shop the clearance rack at Macy's, and I'm still stingy with my money. Right now I'm saving around ~75% of my income and I give myself an allowance of $100 week (which includes gas). If I want to buy something, it has to come out of that $100. Including haircuts, going out with friends, going out to eat, alcohol, etc.

Purchase income generating assets. Once you hit 6 figures, don't blow your money on bullshyt. Don't go out and buy an Audi, an expensive house, and expensive clothes. Purchase things that will increase in value. Stocks, bonds, various funds, real estate holdings, etc. You should have multiple streams of income.

I'm an IT consultant.

If you're doing your own thing and paying a higher percentage of ur income in taxes then when you were working a 9-5 ur doing something wrong...........

nothing in this post is profound tho, its just flat out common sense. If you really need someone to tell you what he just wrote then you wont excel.

That 100 dollar a week allowance tho..........nah, miss me with that........I'm not living like that.

On another note, Alot of people cry broke but when presented with opportunities to change that they are scared to take them. No risk no reward. Example I used to play poker......... heavy........I've won big and lost big either way, i took the chance. The people who were scared to play themselves or who restrained from playing due to their personal feelings on gambling....never refrained from taking money i offered when they knew it came from poker. They also never won big, because they never took the chance. I take risks to get paid because i refuse to accept a life of squalor. Now there are alot of things i wont do for money because of my beliefs but their are even more things i will do because of my belief that God did not put us here to live in poverty.

But for those of you who feel all you need is a few thousand bucks to get ahead here's a simple way to do it.......i'll share because i know most of you all who should do it wont and will only prove my point. If you pay full auto insurance on ur vechicle..........use it. Im not going to go in depth with that for a few reasons so if youre not clever enough to pick up what im saying then its not for u.........

I know mad people who've done it and none of them have gotten less then 2 grand profit after doing it. If all u need is a few grand to get on ur feet, here ya go.

Heafcliffe

Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
It's difficult to do that because emotion and ego gets in the way. You get emotionally attached to a house, even though it's making your broke. And your ego won't let you sell the benz and cop a Hyundai because you think people will think less of you because you're driving a "cheap car."

At that point, your life becomes this. Them little nikkas ain't going nowhere :pachaha:

3328528_o.gif

I totally dig what you saying but THIS EXAMPLE is the problem with people wanting to be rich in the short term and NOT be wealthy in the long term. fukk an ego!

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
:comeon: put that shyt into perspective b. You're not going to make 130k in IT because you passed some certs. It'll come down to the right amount of experience and the right number of years of it.

Im in IT and contractual project data super manager :win:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
that's very commendable that you've managed to avoid falling prey to that lifestyle but those were just examples at opposite ends of the spectrum. at the same time, if you've managed to handle all those responsibilities that well on 45k imagine how much more you'd have to stash away in savings on the same salary if you were single and sharing an apartment and the cable and electricity bills etc w 2 other friends. some expenses are attempts at keeping up w joneses and other are just an unavoidable reality being a family man.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was just saying its not kids/family that makes people broke it is the decisions they make with the money.