Making 100k a year - What's it like?

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
Financial freedom. If your view on money is to give it right back to someone else, you'll always be a slave to it. Everything you purchase takes money out of your pocket, and puts it in someone else's.

Money should be used as a tool to provide you with freedom. The way you describe money, it's going to be used as a tool to keep you in debt.

In 2-3 years I should have enough income generating assets to where I no longer have to work at all. Meanwhile you've spent 10s of thousands of dollars to give someone else that same financial freedom you'll never get.

Good shyt. I'm not all that reckless with my coins. But, I do splurge on suits and shyt. I can write that shyt off tho. Any of y'all cop gold or silver bullion? An OG I met at this function (banker cat) said it would be wise to cop some on the reg and leave it in a safety deposit box. Considering making this method a habit in the new year. Probably roll with silver tho.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@bdizzle

you are running this thread right now...don't drop the baton, keep going!!

*makes notes*

Last edited by a moderator:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
really depends on what your expenses/commitments/obligations are like :manny:

a single guy in his mid 20s sharing an apt and bills w friends is going to enjoy 100k a year a lot more than a married father of 3 w a mortgage, 2 car notes and bills out the ass.

This describes me, yet I'm living well off 45k. People make the mistake of going out and buying stuff(bills out the ass) just cause they think that's the way to go. It's more important to live within or even below your means, so you can live comfortably and happily without stressing over "keeping up with the jonses"

With that said my wife is finishing school in januarary, and she's already turning down offers for jobs making 70k+ within the next few months our household income will more than double and we have to make sure we use the money responsibly as opposed to acquiring " bills out the ass"

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:leon:

but cant you do both?

It depends what your priorities are. Look back at all the shyt you've bought over the years. How many of them have actually made you any happier or more fulfilled in life?

When I was like 25, I took a year off from work and just chilled and partied. I traveled, woke up at 2PM, played Call of Duty every day, went to the club, ate what I wanted, and had no one I had to be accountable to. I had freedom.

That year I took off is what made me realize I'd rather have the freedom to do that for the rest of my life, than a BMW 650. Do I still want that car? Absolutely...shyt I actually want an Aston Martin DB9 instead. But I'd rather have the freedom of waking up when I want, traveling where I want, and living life on my terms than driving a car that's going to force me to work for 5 years straight just to pay it off.

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
It depends what your priorities are. Look back at all the shyt you've bought over the years. How many of them have actually made you any happier or more fulfilled in life?

When I was like 25, I took a year off from work and just chilled and partied. I traveled, woke up at 2PM, played Call of Duty every day, went to the club, ate what I wanted, and had no one I had to be accountable to. I had freedom.

That year I took off is what made me realize I'd rather have the freedom to do that for the rest of my life, than a BMW 650. Do I still want that car? Absolutely...shyt I actually want an Aston Martin DB9 instead. But I'd rather have the freedom of waking up when I want, traveling where I want, and living life on my terms than driving a car that's going to force me to work for 5 years straight just to pay it off.

You ethered my whole lifestyle in this thread. Respect Breh. Hope this thread do numbers. Some gold in here.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Good shyt. I'm not all that reckless with my coins. But, I do splurge on suits and shyt. I can write that shyt off tho. Any of y'all cop gold or silver bullion? An OG I met at this function (banker cat) said it would be wise to cop some on the reg and leave it in a safety deposit box. Considering making this method a habit in the new year. Probably roll with silver tho.

I had to change the way I view money and what my definition of rich is. I used to view money as something I use to buy shyt with. I go to work, get paid, buy shyt. I work harder, get paid more, buy more expensive shyt. That's the trap that people fall into. And I used to view being rich as making a lot of money and owning expensive shyt

Now I go to work, get paid, buy shyt that makes me more money (rental property, dividend earning assets, investments in companies). Over the years, your money grows, and that's how you STACK money. You have income coming in from multiple sources. Now I view being rich as the number of months my passive income can allow me to live without having to work. Currently my monthly expenses is around ~2500/mo. If I can bring in enough income passively that 100% of my expenses are met, I'm rich. I no longer HAVE to work and I can still keep the same lifestyle as I've always had.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
This describes me, yet I'm living well off 45k. People make the mistake of going out and buying stuff(bills out the ass) just cause they think that's the way to go. It's more important to live within or even below your means, so you can live comfortably and happily without stressing over "keeping up with the jonses"

With that said my wife is finishing school in januarary, and she's already turning down offers for jobs making 70k+ within the next few months our household income will more than double and we have to make sure we use the money responsibly as opposed to acquiring " bills out the ass"

that's very commendable that you've managed to avoid falling prey to that lifestyle but those were just examples at opposite ends of the spectrum. at the same time, if you've managed to handle all those responsibilities that well on 45k imagine how much more you'd have to stash away in savings on the same salary if you were single and sharing an apartment and the cable and electricity bills etc w 2 other friends. some expenses are attempts at keeping up w joneses and other are just an unavoidable reality being a family man.

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps
I think it's the same as making 40k/yr for most. The majority of wages earned go to expenses; so they're just as broke with nicer things.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
I was making 106k + 700$ a month from a tenant :win: so you can say I was making like 120k a year. Even though I was in DC :win:

I went from make 65k to over 100k. I'm a very thrifty guy on a daily basis. I got a house, upgraded my car and clothing game. Tvs, furniture, didn't hesitate to buy steaks and shrimp at the grocery store like before. Didn't hesitate to buy 200$ shoes like before. Didn't mind spending 80$+ at a happy hour or clubs. I had no gf, but I still was very cheap and rarely spent money on women/dates/drinks. I went on vacations. And i still was able to save a 1,000$ a month. I don't even care when I got paid bcuz I never was waiting for money. I always had 1000s in my checking. 100k is gravy for a single man as long as you arent a trick. I bought everything i wanted and was still able to save. It's not getting rich money, but definitely it changes you and your sway and confidence.

Typical Coli Nigga

#ADOS #BlackWomenStopDatingThugs
Daps
Reppin
#NoReparationsNoVote
obama_ballin.gif

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
2 mortgages, 2 daughters in college, a few car notes (His 2 cars and both of his daughters cars), his student loans were crazy, etc. That was the main things I can remember. Also, he had an ol lady who was out of state who he flew to see like damn near every weekend.

Cot :damn:! Dat nikka needs to downsize. A car in college?:comeon: A nikka ain't get his first car until 3 years after school.