Making 100k a year - What's it like?

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
the thing about making that much is that you want to make more, its like when you make a certain small amount you settle down with that, but once you get that taste of big money you want to make more, my cousin was married to arab dude in Canada who was making close to a $1 million in the real estate game , i hung out with dude for a week i was up there dude grinded like he was making $20k a year, that said he also spent money like crazy

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
It's not all it's hyped up to be. I'd say the sweet spot is $250k.

At $100k you're more than likely going to raise your cost of living in other areas. You're not going to be driving the same car that you would be at $40k. Your house/condo/apartment's going to be a little nicer. And you're going to be a little bit more free with your money.

So if you're making $100k with a $40k mentality, it's nice. But if you're making $100k and living like you're making $100k you're not going to see any difference. I'm in the latter.

Like I said....$250k + is where it's at. And I couldn't comment on what it's like to make that much. Not yet anyway.

What kind of car are you driving?

how does one become frugal?

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
@Mr. Somebody

So you work multiple jobs?

What them taxes like?

Brutal. Technically, im not even making 100k. :pachaha:

In los angeles, you cant get much with this income. I see people in just average looking houses and i wonder. What do you do...:leostare: I think alot of people have owned houses for a long time in this city because for 400k you are living on a little over 1000 sq ft in some parts of the city.

Last edited by a moderator:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
The couple people I know who make between $115k-$135k a year are always crying broke and shyt. They making good money but they have kids in college, student loans, mortgage, car loans, etc that's eating there check every month. I know one dude is making like 9k a month after taxes and when he broke it down for me, I was like damn I have more bread saved than you at months end and I only make in the 40's . :ohhh:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:wow:

I'm not a repud, but investments shouldn't be hit like that. :damn:

14965204936211209123.jpg

even off this one, the amount they took off was enough to buy a fully loaded benz. irs stay on they bullshyt :francis:

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
The couple people I know who make between $115k-$135k a year are always crying broke and shyt. They making good money but they have kids in college, student loans, mortgage, car loans, etc that's eating there check every month. I know one dude is making like 9k a month after taxes and when he broke it down for me, I was like damn I have more bread saved than you at months end and I only make in the 40's . :ohhh:

People have this fantasy about being super frugal making all that loot. Yea the fukk right. You gonna ball out on something, be it whip, jewels, crib, cloths. No way you gonna work all hard and not spoil yourself. What's the point?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People have this fantasy about being super frugal making all that loot. Yea the fukk right. You gonna ball out on something, be it whip, jewels, crib, cloths. No way you gonna work all hard and not spoil yourself. What's the point?

the point is to pass down that wealth to your children, not waste it on clothes and jewelry. :rudy:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:to:

I want to be there someday but it's so hard out here. I'm thinking about starting my own lawn-care business in the future. :manny:

If anyone has any tips, let me know.

What did you do?

Mentors?

Investments?

etc.

Don't think about starting your own lawn care business, do it. Save up money for equipment, start researching the amount of money you'll charge, and begin networking to effectively target your potential clients. Ownership is the only way to true wealth. Also get ready to be disappointed. I pay about 33% of my income in taxes. I pay more in taxes now per month than I used to take home when I was making 50k/year. Lastly you won't feel any different. You're still going to have to budget. You're still going to have save. And you're still going to have to be responsible and sensible with your money.

Tips:
Have a plan and don't think of it as a quick hustle. Building up takes time. You're most likely not going to jump from 40k to 140k in 3 weeks. You'll have to have a sound plan, and spend the majority of your time executing that plan.

Make your financial goals your priority. If you spend more time bullshytting (on the internet, playing video games, watching TV) than you do pursuing your goals, you'll never be successful. You have sleep for 8 hours, and work for 8 hours. If you spend that other 8 hours fukking around, don't complain about not being financially successful.

Don't be a broke high earner. Making 6 figures doesn't mean your rich. It means you have a lot of income. Don't blow your money on bullshyt. I made myself the promise that my monthly bills will no go over $2000/mo, regardless of how much I make. I still drive the same car, still shop the clearance rack at Macy's, and I'm still stingy with my money. Right now I'm saving around ~75% of my income and I give myself an allowance of $100 week (which includes gas). If I want to buy something, it has to come out of that $100. Including haircuts, going out with friends, going out to eat, alcohol, etc.

Purchase income generating assets. Once you hit 6 figures, don't blow your money on bullshyt. Don't go out and buy an Audi, an expensive house, and expensive clothes. Purchase things that will increase in value. Stocks, bonds, various funds, real estate holdings, etc. You should have multiple streams of income.

I'm an IT consultant.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
i made over 100k this year............

like 60k on the plantation.......

rest off.........

it aint enough.