Major City Black Population +/-, per 2020 Census

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
The population for Black ppl was like 24% when I moved there almost 20 yrs ago. Today, it at 29% even with the population going up over 200k during that time, meaning we make up a good # of the transplants there.

I always hear it aint shyt to do in Columbus, but that usually comes from the younger ppl. I love Columbus.
For years I didn’t even know Columbus was the most populous city in OH-10.
Forget the Michigan/Ohio rivalry, I always enjoy myself in Ohio

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Yep. The Black ppl leaving Chicago, but staying in the region are going to cities like Indianapolis.

The ones with a lil more money and choose to leave the region, go to cities like Atlanta, Vegas, Dallas, Phoenix, etc
There's a few of them moving to Ames Iowa too.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Check those numbers again Obama and Trump did a number on Jamaican Brooklyn. East Flatbush lost a massive number of people to deportation.
@Wear My Dawg's Hat its impossible for Black immigrants to be 60% of Black American population in NYC.

Black non ADOS ate hyper visible in music and media and in academia. Black immigrants makeup over

They are seemingly over represented in Rap compared to there percentage of Black population in the USA due to a variety of factors.

Black immigrant and their first/2nd descendants do a have a significant concentration in parts of the North East

Nationally Black immigrants are 10% of the Black American population.

see google and Black Immigration and the remaking of Black America

in my estimation Black immigrants and there 1st or 2nd gen descendants are no more than 15% to 20% of the NYC Black population even if you include the Spanish speaking Caribbean (Dominicans etc.)
West Indian/Caribbean is most of NYC's black population, black Americans are just the largest individual group. This can be broken down by city enclaves, the city has a crazy melting pot of blackness, most of the youth don't differentiate like that and there's like a uniform urban culture. There's also a great deal of mixing that has gone on over the generations.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
We should have Detroit booming:whoo:

and I already know Birmingham is about to boom:obama:

Salute to Charlotte as well, it’s a amazing place for black people:salute:

but did our overall population decline, I thought we were 13 percent :lupe:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
West Indian/Caribbean is most of NYC's black population, black Americans are just the largest individual group. This can be broken down by city enclaves, the city has a crazy melting pot of blackness, most of the youth don't differentiate like that and there's like a uniform urban culture. There's also a great deal of mixing that has gone on over the generations.
any New Yorker would tell you that I went to school with Tyrone Jimenez and Hezikah Garcia and I was in College with Shaniqua Gomez.

Daps
Miami is down to 12.9% Black. At the beginning of the decade it was 20%. :picard:

The black decline of Miami isn’t talked about much. Shocking, considering the black immigrant flow is supposed to keep it afloat. But it makes sense. They’re all headed to Broward. The black population of Broward and Fort Lauderdale has increased.

@Lady.Libra.

Broward full of black folks?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
We should have Detroit booming:whoo:

and I already know Birmingham is about to boom:obama:

Salute to Charlotte as well, it’s a amazing place for black people:salute:

but did our overall population decline, I thought we were 13 percent :lupe:

I think we were or they rounded up because dudes don't fill out cenus forms.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
what about the Ft. Lewis population?I was gonna get stationed out there.

The majority of the black population of Washington State is located in Pierce County, where JBLM is. Tacoma is the Blackest city in Washington. Federal Way is more suburban and a decent amount of black folks live there too.

Going south to North, tacoma to everett, You actually find Black folks in exponentially diminishing numbers all the way until South Seattle. Then the number of black folks in Seattle, N. Seattle, West Seattle, Bellevue area, Woodinville is pathetically small until you reach everett (the navy base is there) where a decent amount of Black folks live.

After that is cows, cacs and canadians :francis: the more north you go.

However black folks are being driven out of Tacoma too. Being driven south by rising home costs. Even moving as far as Olympia and even further than that to Vancouver.

When I lived in Buffalo, Somalis and black Americans didn't rock with each other. They were segregated on opposite sides of the city and had very little interaction. The Somalis were refugees, dirt poor, FOB's, first generation, followers of Islam, different customs, different odor, language barriers it's easy to see why they stick to their own. The children typically went to different schools but I had heard there was a bit of ethnic friction in the larger high schools between the boys.

I don't see what the anecdotal evidence would do for you though. The census did allow people to pick their nationality and ethnicity after the race category and that detailed breakdown will likely be released too. The census doesn't give a fukk about what you talking about they don't care if shyt is kumbaya between ethnicities they just count folks racially. It's like an Irish cac that lives in Howard Beach, Queens saying he don't rock with Italians like that. At the end of the day still white and that's what the Census is looking to count.

Seattle is not a very black city at all even with East Africans included if you feel that strong why not just move? :ld: :francis:

Im effectively stationed here. Once my obligation is up and other opportunities present themselves, im gon.:blessed:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
•I knew Baltimore would be high. I read an article a year or more ago that detailed how black residents are fed up with the outsized violence, corrupt infrastructure, shyttier than most school systems, and wealth and income disparities. None of these issues are necessarily unique to Baltimore but Baltimore has all of these things and more occurring at abnormally high rates at the same damn time...

Black folks been leaving Baltimore, but it was so black to start it'll always remain a substantially black city no matter how far it drops...
All this is true. And it doesn’t really feel like people are leaving becuz all they do is move 15-20 minutes to the county. In some cases only like 5-10 minutes. Some of the surrounding suburbs have been majority black since the 70s

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I grew up in Allentown (near bottom of this list) most black people I know out here are Hispanic or Caribbean from Jamaica, Haiti, DR & Trinidad. I barely knew any ADOS growing up. I didn’t even eat homemade fried chicken & greens until I met my BM at 21 lol
Where’d you meet her?