Madden NFL '22: Restore the Feeling - Dallas Cowboys vs San Francisco 49ers Wild Card Thread

Who wins

• Total voters

1ncognegro

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#SidenikkaGang 804 VA
What media outlets are saying this? Vegas has Dallas -3 which is basically a "toss up"
They gotta make up shyt so they can have bulletin board material when in reality they just scared. They got a rook at the podium talmbout being a bully and all this shyt. They scared. Pressure ain’t on us we wasn’t even supposed to be here but they NEED this win to feel validated

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
They gotta make up shyt so they can have bulletin board material when in reality they just scared. They got a rook at the podium talmbout being a bully and all this shyt. They scared. Pressure ain’t on us we wasn’t even supposed to be here but they NEED this win to feel validated
martin-sit-down.gif

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I was debating whether I should post it here or in the Niner thread

Keys to the game from 49ers point of view:

Defense
1. Stop the run. I know Dak is good and has super dynamic playmakers, but stop the run and make them pass the ball all the time is the key imo. Less biting on PA and so forth
2. Contain Dak's pocket movement. While Dak isnt a running QB, hes a mobile QB. We are great against statue QB, but finishing against QBs who move and look to pass downfield is more challenging. Ideally he is contained so that pressure turns to sacks and not into stepping out of the pocket on a rollout and getting some completions or 5 yard gains.
3. Don't allow long drives. Usually 49ers defense is more bend but not break, but in this game I want to see the opposite. Long drives where the chains are moving are bad for the defense and the offense. Some big plays are fine occasionally.
4. Cover the TE. Schultz has quietly emerged as a very good all-around TE, and while he benefits from defenses keying in on Cooper/Lamb, he is actually a quite good TE himself.
5. Don't be desperate to blitz. Dallas has a good oline that might make it really tough to get pressure with four. But I think blitzing a lot is just asking to be gashed by Dak on short to intermediate routes

Offense
1. Run the goddamn ball. Dallas is not great against the ball ran between the tackles. While the D is fast its also small :dame: Use power runs with Mitchell/Deebo and take the ball out of Jimmy Gs hands
2. YAC is love YAC is life. Dallas secondary is one of the worst in the league in YAC allowed. Deebo Kittle Mitchell Aiyuk Jennings is the best group in the NFL in YAC, by far. Don't overthink it. Give the ball to these guys and watch them run over people in the secondary, not around them.
3. Stay out of third and longs, and if you get into them, be conservative. Dallas is fast on defense and aggressive. Jimmy G when blitzed and rushed will rush throws and throw picks. Dont let him do it :damn:
4. Use Dallas aggression against them. Misdirection, whams, crack blocks, delayed handoffs
5. Use Kittle for extensive blocking if you have to. Hes a great weapon in pass game, but if oline is getting their asses handed to them and especially if Trent is not playing or not looking good, let Kittle block. Dude makes some amazing blocks.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
The media has done an incredible job motivating my team this week. Sincerest thanks to ESPN, NFL Network and FS1. Boys play their best when the outside world is not singing their praises.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Keep it up. :sas2:

1ncognegro

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#SidenikkaGang 804 VA
Keep talking....our players are hearing everything. You don't know the Cowboys like we do. When the media crushes them, they crush opponents. When the media gives them flowers, they lay an egg.

Yall are walking into a trap. You've been warned.
nikka the Niners ain’t been talkin at all. They just feeding into shyt these morning shows are saying. Who gives af about what Dan Orlovsky and the rest of the peanut gallery says. Y’all boys focused on the wrong shyt lol

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
nikka the Niners ain’t been talkin at all. They just feeding into shyt these morning shows are saying. Who gives af about what Dan Orlovsky and the rest of the peanut gallery says. Y’all boys focused on the wrong shyt lol

I agree. If the players need extra motivation to play a playoff game, they already done :manny:

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I’m Kyle Shanahan, I’m going with the 2019 playoff blueprint: Keep the ball out of Jimmy’s hands as much as possible :heh:

That Cowboys defense feasts on turnovers and everybody knows that Jimmy’s turnover prone