Mad Men: Season 7 (Part 1) 'The Beginning' - April 13th

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I love Game of Thrones but I LOVE this show. There's not one single aspect of :rudy: about it. Campbell taking L's even from out on the West Coast and Ted doesn't give a fukk but Bonnie :banderas:

I sincereley hope we're going to get to see Don march back into the office and give Lou Avery the biggest L of his life :pacspit:

Dawn with the, "we're all pretending, that's our job" line :wow:

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Sally is great in every scene she's in. She has that Draper swag in her blood. That line when Don asked her why she didn't say that she knew he was lying and she said something like "Because catching you in a lie is more fun than telling you that I know you're lying" and the rest of the interactions with Don were so good.

Last edited:
Daps
Sally is great in every scene she's in. She has that Draper swag in her blood. That line when Don asked her why she didn't say that she knew he was lying and she said something like "Because catching you in a lie is more fun than telling you that I know you're lying" and the rest of the interactions with Don were so good.

Yes, the scenes with Sally were dope.

Only woman Don can keep it real with.

Daps
Reppin
NY
I loved how Sally said she couldn't bare the thought of going to Don's apartment and being stuck in the lift with Sylvia possible. Then right near the end Roger and Cutler were stuck in a lift together as they left work :banderas:

Little details like this are what make it dope.

Really liked this episode. The Don x Sally father-daughter relationship dynamic in that past episode >>>>

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Sally is the only human being that Don can be real with

:wow:

2 episodes and no Betty? I have a feeling she got fat again :lupe:

The Black women finally getting some play on the show just to get played..I'm glad they're showing Bert's mentality for all those "Slavery ended 400 years ago" types..Straight up 2nd class citizens in the most liberal city in America...

not to defend him or to say he WASNT racist, but I read that as "What will our customers think?" which is pretty valid imo... fukked up but they're running a business, literally cant afford to make a stand...

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
So, has anyone else picked up that they're dropping hints to suggest that the firm is going to shyt without Don? Last week, Ken implied that their lesser account men have been dropping accounts pretty quickly. This week, as that disastrous partners meeting let out, they said they never mentioned which of Peggy's accounts they lost. Creative doesn't even have a representative at the partners meeting, and they seem to have gotten stagnant under Lou's leadership (:pacspit: at Lou, though. He sucks). Cutler is lining up to try to get rid of at least Roger, if not Sterling as well. The idea to move Joan upstairs puts Joan on his side. Ted wanted no parts of in office beef, and he's out in LA clearly not giving a fukk. The only two people he would have to go through are Don, who he has turned everyone but Roger against, and Roger, who he's sizing up. The funny thing is that simply having Don in the office would seemingly remedy most of their issues (creative wouldn't be so shytty, and Don could have squashed that silly argument in the meeting).

On the other end, though, as Don seems to be letting go of parts of the Don Draper persona (working at SC&P, his relationship with Megan, the heavy drinking, trying to hide things, and even the thought of upkeep on the condo), he seems to be getting the rest of his life together slowly. He admitted to himself he's a shytty husband, started trying to get a handle on his drinking, and got a little of Sally's respect back. It feels like it's being suggested that at some point, be it during this half of the season or next half, he'll have to choose between truly being Don Draper or dikk Whitman.

while i agree with your theory that the company is flopping without don, the bold was in reference to Peggy's "cryptic message" when she thought ted sent her those flowers...

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Ran back all season 5/6 in the last 2 weeks or so, season 6 was amazing….Roger and Pete killed me the entire time on the comedic side, and Don's breakdown was so dope to watch again, catching all the things you missed, leading up to his Hershey's meltdown.

Roger calling dude 'Bob Bunson', telling his ex wives husband he can clean up Don's vomit at his mom's funeral, Pete and his mom, 'NOT GREAT Bob', and his car incident, falling down the steps, Roger firing Burt Peterson for the second time, and clowning that midget….I think the show has gotten progressively better, more nuanced and detailed, funnier, and just perfecting that balance between comedy and drama.

:laff:

And, yeah Lou Avery is just like that frustrating old man everyone has probably met, perfect corporate proxy though, someones breakdown of the new blood vs. old was dead on earlier in the thread….guy is a total a$$hole, hard to believe he would even be hired for that position though, he's so middle of the road and so safe. They have to be losing their more dynamic and progressive business opportunities. 'I guess I'm just immune to your charms'. Slams door.

And had to add Rogers best one liner: 'Man comes home drunk, women asks where you were…at an establishment…..Shut up…..', thats a rough paraphrase but it was hilarious...

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not to defend him or to say he WASNT racist, but I read that as "What will our customers think?" which is pretty valid imo... fukked up but they're running a business, literally cant afford to make a stand...
I think that's what he was saying, but I do remember a season or 2 ago him saying some :dahell:shyt about the civil rights movement.

I'll see if I can find it.

Daps

I mean, that is exactly what he was saying, but it's still fukked up. Apathetically supporting racism is wrong in its own right. :manny: