Mad Men: Season 7 (Part 1) 'The Beginning' - April 13th

Jigg

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Looks like Peggy's loneliness is gonna be a primary theme of this season

Her entire plot arc so far has been centered around her isolating herself from everyone in the firm and her personal life in general. She's just kinda in her own world and nobodys there to catch her when she falls or even to give a fukk about anything she has to say really. Her own creative team is even starting to look like theyre drifting away from her.

The stuff with her and the flowers was icing on the cake for me. Imo that breakdown from her after she found out Ted didnt send those flowers was more than just being embarrassed for goin off on him and the secretary. It seemed more of a self-realization like "damn even Ted dont give a fukk about me no more, I aint shyt :wow: "

Wonder what direction they'll go with her as the season progresses

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
That racial overtunes was palpable. White people were flexing their muscles this episode. Pete is back to his ole miserable self. At least it looks like he has a good woman by his side; she's a real go getter.

bigmac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
South London
Episode was fukking fire this week. fukking fire.

The details in this episode were fukking amazing. Even down to the shape of that ketchup bottle at the cafe with Don and Sally. Dope.

Bonnie's speech to Pete in that little crib felt like an ether and I don't even know why. The delivery on "Our fortunes are in other peoples hands, and we have to take them" was straight :wow:

Ol dude up there is right too, the Peggy arc is going to be very interesting. She's been on an upward slope from S1-6 and now Ted has her on royal smash from 2,000 miles away. I wonder where that's going to go.

Salute to Dawn though. She made it :blessed: fukking Bert walking out the front then moonwalking back into the offices had me :dead:

Shoutout Sally too, every single episode she's in is dope. "Just tell the truth" was :wow: Only thing I didn't get was the "we're going to do a runner" thing. Someone explain that to me.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Sally is the only human being that Don can be real with

:wow:

2 episodes and no Betty? I have a feeling she got fat again :lupe:

The Black women finally getting some play on the show just to get played..I'm glad they're showing Bert's mentality for all those "Slavery ended 400 years ago" types..Straight up 2nd class citizens in the most liberal city in America...

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Sally is the only human being that Don can be real with

:wow:

2 episodes and no Betty? I have a feeling she got fat again :lupe:

The Black women finally getting some play on the show just to get played..I'm glad they're showing Bert's mentality for all those "Slavery ended 400 years ago" types..Straight up 2nd class citizens in the most liberal city in America...

I think Bonnie is supposed to be Betty 2.0. Can't wait till she gets tired of Pete and the Ls start coming again :russ:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Her own creative team is even starting to look like theyre drifting away from her.

Stan: I guess you don't have plans Valentine's Day :ld:

Ginsberg: Yea she does, didn't you check her calendar...Masturbate gloomily.

Only thing I didn't get was the "we're going to do a runner" thing. Someone explain that to me.

Only thing I took from it was a way for him to make Sally laugh after some serious discussion.

Daps
Now THIS was a dope ass episode, the kind of episode I'm expecting from this show. :lawd:

Peggy's transformation to a bitter old lady is both sad and remarkable. :wow:

Don and Sally making strides on a fractured, tenuous relationship :obama:
Don living with bugs, doe :huhldup:

Bert displaying that old white man racism that we all know existed, but is undershown on here. Gonna be interesting to see where they take Roger's character. Lou's such a dikkhead, but hilarious at time. Kinda cool, actually, to have such a swagless dude in the mix

Dawns story line was dope. :banderas:
Funny how one woman's shyt job is the next woman's dream. Is it just me or does she get badder ever episode? :noah:

The best part of this episode, a very minor detail that likely went over 95% of Mad Men's audience's head, was Dawn calling Shirley Dawn and Shirley calling Dawn Shirley. These fukking writers man...best in the business, easily. :salute:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Now THIS was a dope ass episode, the kind of episode I'm expecting from this show. :lawd:

Peggy's transformation to a bitter old lady is both sad and remarkable. :wow:

Don and Sally making strides on a fractured, tenuous relationship :obama:
Don living with bugs, doe :huhldup:

Bert displaying that old white man racism that we all know existed, but is undershown on here. Gonna be interesting to see where they take Roger's character. Lou's such a dikkhead, but hilarious at time. Kinda cool, actually, to have such a swagless dude in the mix

Dawns story line was dope. :banderas:
Funny how one woman's shyt job is the next woman's dream. Is it just me or does she get badder ever episode? :noah:

The best part of this episode, a very minor detail that likely went over 95% of Mad Men's audience's head, was Dawn calling Shirley Dawn and Shirley calling Dawn Shirley. These fukking writers man...best in the business, easily. :salute:

:ohlawd:, i picked up on that and immediately made the :smugdraper: face; the writing :wow: