Mad Men: Season 7 (Part 1) 'The Beginning' - April 13th

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
whatever man its still a weak theory. outside of maybe Don getting caught by the army or him quitting SDCP and starting his own firm.... I can't see how they fill a final season with drama. This opening showed everybody kind of in transition to where I don't know.
They will do something interesting, no doubt.

The creator has had his last scene/line planned for years now. He has a way to get there. This won't fall apart like Dexter or something like that.

All of the characters have been written into these positions where they will either launch or take a plunge. I can't wait to see the fate that is in store for all of them.

The fact that anything could happen to any of these characters, in a show that is smart enough not to jump the shark, is exciting.

Krishan101

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
United Kingdom
They will do something interesting, no doubt.

The creator has had his last scene/line planned for years now. He has a way to get there. This won't fall apart like Dexter or something like that.

All of the characters have been written into these positions where they will either launch or take a plunge. I can't wait to see the fate that is in store for all of them.

The fact that anything could happen to any of these characters, in a show that is smart enough not to jump the shark, is exciting.

Don got too many demons to kill to be truly happy .. shyt will be a mystery on how it will actually end

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
Don got too many demons to kill to be truly happy .. shyt will be a mystery on how it will actually end
lmao @ that avi

Also, I agree. Don has made his bed and he's enduring the punishment. I'm sure that he could make his rise back to the sly mastermind of advertising, but it seems like they're ready to do something different with Don. Even if he does get back to the company, the world is passing him by, and what's to keep Freddy from being a d-bag and getting caught up in getting to portray Draper? I think right now he's just now getting into pitching Don's ideas, but I could see him getting a lot of kudos and respect (of which he's never had) and not wanting to let go of the respect he's found. Granted, I admit I am taking a rather large leap there. Maybe he and Don run in too many of the same circles for Freddy to think he's getting away with it, but having Don as a ghostwriter is a powerful weapon, and it's going to take a very disciplined character to stay in line. Either that, or Don uses Freddy to send the world of advertising into upheaval. I could see Don using Freddy's freelancing to pit agencies against each other, or spice up the competition. Although, I feel like both of them are beyond that.

On the other side, Don doesn't really have any pull at the company anymore for anyone to want to bring him back. All of the partners have basically checked out, and Don diluted the pool when he brought in another firm to split the company. He already fought himself into a corner with his public letter that he printed in The Times, or whatever that was. His ego has outgrown his role as an ad man, multiple times. The original company members who knew his brilliance are either scattered all over the country, sick of him, or too far emotionally/physically removed from the company to even care anymore. Don has wore his welcome out, so he's going to need some people to flash their loyalty big time to get him back in. Which I'm just assuming is something that he would want.

Cooper is getting old, the times are definitely passing him by (he was out of it when the show started).
Roger is waaaaaaayyyy out of orbit, with nothing to tie him down. Is he even having fun?
Peggy is clawing frantically at the ceiling.
The characters that relocated to LA seem to be searching for youth and rebirth, for one reason or another. Who knows if they have it, or will.

All of the characters have this feel to them like their best days are behind them. Even Cosgrove has gone from this happier character to a raging, stressed out, ad pirate. Countless divorces or shytty relationships, people that can't find happiness, for one reason or another.

It's all going to go to shyt for a lot of these characters. The final montage at show's end (MORE THAN A YEAR FROM NOW) will be amazing, I'm sure.

I do think that it's funny that Megan didn't want a color TV to give off the impression that she's cheating coming up in the acting world with extra money, however, she picked up Don in the classic fancy car.

I also like the idea of characters flying back and forth from LA to NY (and a bit of Detroit, I guess). There will be some interesting duality to story lines going on in both cities. Take Don and Megan, for instance, he's obviously not in the driver's seat of their relationship anymore, but that side of his life/story goes on hiatus when he gets back to NY to "work." Who is this woman (Neve Campbell) that he ran into? Surely they will see each other again on another flight.

So many options on the table for these characters to meet their series demise:
-Cancer
-Heart Attack
-some other illness or physical ailment
-fired or retired from the business, never to be heard from again
-slip off the deep end, lost to the west coast or some lifestyle
-Prison
-Murder (albeit, probably not, too drastic for this show)

There are a lot of ways for the characters to go down. Any of those things could meet any character this year. Excited to see who has what coming for them, or who can escape.

Last edited:

god=nature=we'reFUCKED

Organize the non obvious
Daps
Reppin
HQ

:stylin:My fav part of the season opener was Don meeting up with his broad. The show was selling us that relationship:smugdraper: