Mad Max: Fury Road is probably the most overrated film of the last decade

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The first time I watched it I liked it. BUT it was one of those situations where I heard it was getting rave reviews before I walked into the theater, and, being a sucker for action flicks, pretty much FORCED myself to love it before the movie even started.

Every single time I rewatch, I find myself wondering why the fukk this movie was so critically acclaimed. I actually cannot fathom it. Besides the aesthetics and the unique special effects, NOTHING about this movie stands out. And if those 2 are all it takes to get a great score, then I guess Pacific Rim should've gotten a 90+ on RT too. I mean this is your TO-A-TEE, minimal plotline, minimal characterization, minimal acting, nothing but action and drivel stereotypical action movie--the kind of movie you'd see in a children's cartoon as a parody mocking how shytty and senseless your average action movie is--and yet, it got a 97% on RT. It actually blows my mind. :dwillhuh:
you just answered your own question breh

it's 2017.. the ONLY action films we get anymore are comic books movies... which have about 5 scenes of action, are 2-3 hours long, and the rest being literally drama filled dialogue

why you think the expendables was doing so good for a time there... and the new rambo... both with money made and reviews

lets not even get into john wick and it's over the top bullshyt shootouts and lack of plot and dialogue

people are generally missing movies filled with campy, mindless, blow shyt the fukk up, shoot shyt the fukk up, killing, bloody, sexy, violent action flicks of old... they are tired of seeing war movies and (not tired) of comic movies being the ONLY action flicks out

mad max is a throwback to throwing on a flick, grabbing some beers, having some friends over, turning up the stereo on 30, and yelling and talking all through that shyt without caring about missing anything important being said nor taking a 30 minute break to watch the avengers fight each other verbally again

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

it's 2017.. the ONLY action films we get anymore are comic books movies... which have about 5 scenes of action, are 2-3 hours long, and the rest being literally drama filled dialogue

why you think the expendables was doing so good for a time there... and the new rambo... both with money made and reviews

lets not even get into john wick and it's over the top bullshyt shootouts and lack of plot and dialogue

people are generally missing movies filled with campy, mindless, blow shyt the fukk up, shoot shyt the fukk up, killing, bloody, sexy, violent action flicks of old... they are tired of seeing war movies and (not tired) of comic movies being the ONLY action flicks out

mad max is a throwback to throwing on a flick, grabbing some beers, having some friends over, turning up the stereo on 30, and yelling and talking all through that shyt without caring about missing anything important being said nor taking a 30 minute break to watch the avengers fight each other verbally again
Fast and the furious is one of the biggest franchises in film history now,so writing ONLY is incorrect.

And the new xxx dropped last month and is well over 300 million at the box office.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Fast and the furious is one of the biggest franchises in film history now,so writing ONLY is incorrect.

And the new xxx dropped last month and is well over 300 million at the box office.
fast and furious is not a shoot em up, action movie like any of the ones just explained

and XXX didn't come back out until after mad max

i didn't make the jump from the 80s to now... shyt matrix was out... and i named the sly movies that was just released in the 00s and 10s

but you asking about mad max.... it was on that level... since the comic movies been coming out, action movies have died off... start to finish, body count high as fukk, R rated, big explosions, we going to war minus the army and actual war scenarios, action movies

i bet every great review of this movie will have some part of it saying the same

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What the fukk are you talking about?

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I bought this movie digitally, and I never buy movies. It's like the only one I own. I loved it, so much. Sat in the theater like :gladbron:when I first saw it.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
That just made mad bank. Nobody rates it highly now tbh
yeah avatar hasn't had this enduring legacy. It just made a lot of money so it will always be talked about for that but meh
I'd argue it doesn't have as much of a legacy because 3D TV's never became commonplace in every home. the movie is a 3D experience, it just isn't the same in 2D. and yes you can make an argument that your movie should be good enough to not view in 3D but I think you miss a huge part of the experience. I have the 3D Blu-ray and the 3D even at home is incredible.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
The old cac that played Immortan Joe killed his role. :banderas:
Dudes only been in like 5 things....he was also the villian Toe Cutter in the original mad max:russ:

Love fury road but can see why people consider it overrated.