Mad Max Furiosa prequel- Anya Taylor Joy and Chris Hemsworth

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It looks fantastic.

I know Fury Road fans are gonna be super turned off by the overuse of mid CGI, but Miller is 79 years old. He wasn't going to do an intense production cycle like they did in Fury Road. He mention that he never wants to do anything like that ever again when he did it in his 60s.

Theres still some good practical effects in there, eh, gotta compromise somewhere :yeshrug:

Movie wouldn’t get made without CGI t this point

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Theres still some good practical effects in there, eh, gotta compromise somewhere :yeshrug:

Movie wouldn’t get made without CGI t this point
Fury Road had sneaky good CGi too.

Sad this will probably be the last film for Miller. A big question since he owns the rights to Mad Max. Probably the last film in the universe.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This CGI looks better to me.

Still seems to suffer from prequelitis ie I know how futile the goal is so it’s hard to get too excited.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Saw the first trailer ahead of Dune 2 in the theater and it didn't look any better than it looked on youtube. The green screen and CGI stuff is super jarring compared to the first film. Obviously there was cgi in Fury Road but the amount of practical effects, real vehicles, real stunts etc really elevated that film. It felt like something we haven't seen in a LONG time. Whereas Furiosa looks like the typical modern cgi-fest. Maybe I'm wrong. Doubting George Miller is usually a bad idea. But boy am I concerned.