Lyricism is dead because it takes too long to write witty lines..these new rappers are just lazy

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
He needs help so I'll help him too:

Cyhi The Prince, Logic,Earl Sweatshirt, Action Bronson ,.........Lesser knowns...Rapsody.. AFRO, Westside Gun, Willie The Kid. Roc Marciano,Underacheivers. Danny Brown, Lil Bibby.

So added all together thats only 13 popular lyrical rappers from this decade (Lupe dont count he's from last decade) compared to the 30 I posted.(not including the lesser knowns because then I can go into Supernatural and Snagglepuss from the 90's and keep going if we doing lesser knowns)

:francis:
Logic is a trash rapper

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
simplicity can come through refinement
instead of focusing on words and crowding the verses
the focus is on vocal tone and how things sound

from thinking to feeling
there is room for intelligence and poetry
but most people period are not very smart it's easier just to stick to feel and instinct

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
There's a bunch...even the nikkas y'all say are wack are more witty than given credit for.

This.New southern rappers have a distinctive wit and personality E.g Dolph and Migos that isn't always obvious or likeable but its there.

I know people run with this whole 'It takes intelligence to understand J Cole' shyt but there a good amount of Southern trap/drill rappers that use more wit, cultural/sport references and better punchlines than him.

Oville

Pro
Daps
I don't blame pac, I think if anything the blame is on the not writing rhymes movement. Even though you can take that approach and still come off nice (Biggie, Jay-Z) a lot of these rappers would rather go with feel and the vibe of the beat and lay down anything they can to that. That's cool and all but I think the whole aspect of writing down the hottest shyt and tailoring the flow to the beat has been lost. Also the need that some of these rappers have to feel like they constantly need to flood the streets with content also adds to the whole microwave approach to music writing that we see today.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I agree with rap being lazy these days.

They ain’t gotta rap some crazy complex shyt but at least they can rap like they care a little bit about lyrics instead of wasting a beat with mumbling

Benefited

Banned
Daps
:francis:

This is some made up bullshyt. When "Mind Playing Tricks On Me" dropped NYC bowed down. nikkaz wasnt even focused on where rappers were from like that in 1991...Thats how I know u just making shyt up.

Thats called a hit record,how long did that love last,how long was he treated as royalty that he is? Bowing down would mean Scarface would consistently be recognized as being better than Rakim. He is not as heralded or respected for his lyricism and career as he would be if he wasn't from the south.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
:patrice:

Your confusing "flow" with being "lyrical."

That Offset verse had hella flow but had no real "lyrical" elements....That shyt was simple and elementary as fukk.

Now Juveniles "Ha" Had compounds all thruout the song.

This is a complete lie....Because in this very thread I pointed out that Cyhi was an example of being lyrical. He's a young cat who is from this decade and from GA that is a great example of being lyrical.

His latest single is in my current rotation

So Ha has lyrical "elements",but those songs I posted didnt. Your making up words like lyrical elements so you can reject what you don't want to consider lyrical lol. Use whatever flow you would like,read it in Juveniles flow and its the same "elements" ,except for with added wordplay lol.

[Verse: 1 Takeoff]
Young nikka, young nikka I'll rather be richer
Than flexing these cameras and taking these pictures
Ima young nikka, I walk 'round the hood
Got boss credentials, they callin' me mister
Quick to shoot 3, Derek Fisher
No referee I'm official
I just might pull out my Fisker, you p*ssy I see your Whiskas
Call up the plug no Santa, but he sending trees of gas for Christmas
Whippin' the dope, I terminate it, J's they say it's delicious
I got a bytch in my kitchen, with a onion booty I call her Deelishis
And after she water whip it, I make that bytch wash the dishes
Enter the Fisker, I'm doing 250, I'm praying I don't get a ticket
Yes I'm a Migo, but I don't wear dikkies, I'll rather put on True Religion
And if you want fame over money my nikka, then you not true to your religion

Like I said you nikkas are rejecting lyricism based on your distaste of the content. Also you accuse me of making shyt up while pretending Juve is lyrical. Are you going to tell me that Juvenile and the Hotboys weren't considered wack and non lyrical by rap nerds when they came out? They were rejected based on where they were from and their content as well. People said they were destroying hiphop,now today everyone pretends they loved them,and that they were lyrical:snoop:

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Thats top secret information
This.New southern rappers have a distinctive wit and personality E.g Dolph and Migos that isn't always obvious or likeable but its there.

I know people run with this whole 'It takes intelligence to understand J Cole' shyt but there a good amount of Southern trap/drill rappers that use more wit, cultural/sport references and better punchlines than him.

But there is a standard. And that bar has already been set up by 80s/90's rappers. I already admitted that Migos have flow but Migos dont meet no next level standards like that. They just fit perfectly in the current eras style. They are OK compared to the high bar thats already set.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
no doubt their content is elementary,and thats what I would tell any of these rappers who want to be taken seriously.I don't blame people for not taking them seriously based on their lack of content and substance. But we can't just lie,and we should keep it consistent.

I don't take a Biggie or Camron all that seriously either due to lack of substance and cartoonish nature. But I would be a liar if I called them wack and pretended they couldn't rap at all.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
But there is a standard. And that bar has already been set up by 80s/90's rappers. I already admitted that Migos have flow but Migos dont meet no next level standards like that. They just fit perfectly in the current eras style. They are OK compared to the high bar thats already set.

If you are saying this then we are in agreement then. But they would definitely fit the EMCEE criteria all things combined. Which in turn makes them lyrical imo.

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Thats top secret information
So Ha has lyrical "elements",but those songs I posted didnt. Your making up words like lyrical elements so you can reject what you don't want to consider lyrical lol. Use whatever flow you would like,read it in Juveniles flow and its the same "elements" ,except for with added wordplay lol.

[Verse: 1 Takeoff]
Young nikka, young nikka I'll rather be richer
Than flexing these cameras and taking these pictures
Ima young nikka, I walk 'round the hood
Got boss credentials, they callin' me mister
Quick to shoot 3, Derek Fisher
No referee I'm official
Whippin' the dope, I terminate it, J's they say it's delicious
I got a bytch in my kitchen, with a onion booty I call her Deelishis
And after she water whip it, I make that bytch wash the dishes
Enter the Fisker, I'm doing 250, I'm praying I don't get a ticket
Yes I'm a Migo, but I don't wear dikkies, I'll rather put on True Religion
And if you want fame over money my nikka, then you not true to your religion

Like I said you nikkas are rejecting lyricism based on your distaste of the content. Also you accuse me of making shyt up while pretending Juve is lyrical. Are you going to tell me that Juvenile and the Hotboys weren't considered wack and non lyrical by rap nerds when they came out? They were rejected based on where they were from and their content as well. People said they were destroying hiphop,now today everyone pretends they loved them,and that they were lyrical:snoop:

No...i already explained to u that the Takeoff verse has flow. Its not lyrical....Its elementary like a motherfukker.

I'm not rejecting shyt. I'm judging based on the bar thats been set way before Migos came in the game.

You are implying that I dont like Migos and my judgement towards them is based on that and u are dead wrong.

Dude , the flow is there but those lines are mediocre as fukk. :francis:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
No...i already explained to u that the Takeoff verse has flow. Its not lyrical....Its elementary like a motherfukker.

I'm not rejecting shyt. I'm judging based on the bar thats been set way before Migos came in the game.

You are implying that I dont like Migos and my judgement towards them is based on that and u are dead wrong.

Dude , the flow is there but those lines are mediocre as fukk. :francis:

Those lines aren't bad at all considering its part of a chain. the content is elementary and you don't like that,but thats not the argument.