"Luxury is in their DNA at this point" Kevin Costner estranged wife asks for $160,000 a month child support

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I worked on the film Black or White back in 2014 so I met him and his family. One thing that surprised me compared to most stars is that Costner and his now soon to be ex wife ate with the rest of the cast and crew every day I worked. It was refreshing

I don’t think that’s happened on any other production I’ve worked on. Most of the mains eat in their trailer and don’t really mix it up with everyone. Costner, even though his was one of the principal actors, was also helping direct some of the scenes so he kind of was in the position of having to communicate with everyone, not just do the acting part but think about how scenes would move, the general attitude behind certain scenes, etc.

both him and his wife seemed like nice enough Hollywood types. Wonder what happened

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
The question isn't what percentage of his net worth is she asking for. The question is, what the fukk would his kids need that much money for? They're kids. Does she feed them caviar and kobe steaks for breakfast before sending them to school in a private jet?

She cheated, she filed for divorce. Her having the kids was not "paying up" and as his lawyers rightfully pointed out, child support is not spousal support. The notion that just because someone married a rich person, they are entitled to continue to live a rich persons lifestyle when the relationship fails is ridiculous.
:hubie: Kevin Federline and them say otherwise

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Glad kevin won that case

I didn’t know this was his second marriage and his second set of 3 kids..

This broad just wanted extra money in her accounts and know damn well the kids probably get 3,000 dollars apiece each month in their savings

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If she’s staying in California, it’s expensive. You can’t expect those kids to start going to a regular public school if they’ve been in private school. You can’t expect them to hangout with their friends, and the friends have nice things, and they have to bring $20 in a card for a birthday gift. If they have tennis lessons, or horseback riding lessons, you can’t expect them to stop, and play on the street courts.

:hubie:

We’re all looking at this from the perspective of people living regular lives, and the most luxury our kids get is a trip to Disney World once a year.

He can buy them a home and pay for their private schools...........and pay like 40l a month in child support...... 160k a month is stupid

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
@Gloxina :pachaha::yeshrug:

Kevin Costner Wins Child Support Battle Against Estranged Wife Christine Baumgartner

Kaitlin Simpson
Fri, September 1, 2023 at 5:04 PM CDT

A Los Angeles judge has ruled in favor of Kevin Costner over his estranged wife, Christine Baumgartner, in their dispute regarding child support.

Costner, 68, will now have to pay Baumgartner, 49, $63,209 per month for their three children: sons Cayden, 15, Logan, 14, and daughter Grace, 12, according to Fox News. Baumgartner was temporarily receiving $129,755 before the decision was made.

image.jpg

Baumgartner had previously requested Costner pay her $248,000 a month. Costner argued in response that he could not afford to pay that amount because he “will earn substantially less in 2023” following his departure from Yellowstone. Baumgartner, for her part, previously claimed that the amount was necessary so their kids could maintain the same standard of living with her as they do with their father.

“Because the children fly on private aircraft to go on luxury vacations when they are with their father, the Family Code dictates that Kevin should pay sufficient child support to Christine so that the children can go on comparable vacations when they are with her. This is true even if the child support payments also improve Christine’s lifestyle,” Baumgartner’s lawyers claimed in a brief filed on Wednesday, August 30, ahead of their hearing. “In this case, the guideline child support requested by Christine of $175,057 per month will not be sufficient to replicate Kevin’s lifestyle, but it will be sufficient to allow her to provide a lifestyle for the children which is relatively comparable.”

Costner and Baumgartner faced off in court for a two-day hearing which started on Thursday, August 31, and wrapped up Friday, September 1. Both exes took the stand.

Kevin Costner Wins Child Support Battle Against Estranged Wife Christine Baumgartner