Luther: The Fallen Sun (Cinemas - Feb.24, 2023 | Netflix - March 10, 2023)

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
As a fan of the series, I really enjoyed this movie. I initially had concerns about whether this film would just feel like an extended episode but the writing was pretty good and the pacing was handled well…definitely was a middle finger to the James Bond franchise with the snowy finale and villainous lair.

Speaking of James Bond, was I the only one that caught when the bartender offered him a martini and he responded “Nah, gimme a whiskey?” :lolbron:

A lot of this film was shot in Shoredtich/Canary Wharf and I find it hilarious how empty the roads were. Luther parked around the back of Brick Lane like it was nothing and that was the most unrealistic thing in this whole film :mjlol:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hate that it’s on netflix tho…aside from this there’s nothing else I wanna watch on there

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
i liked it even though some parts was unrealistic and some of the plots has been used in other serial killer movies.

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
This got me my wanting to check the show.

This was like a James Bond flick. Is the show like this?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This got me my wanting to check the show.

This was like a James Bond flick. Is the show like this?

I haven't watched this yet, but no not really.

The show is Luther tracking down serial killers. Most of them have weird quirks like Batman villains, but if this was like James Bond....that ain't how the show usually is.

Fred.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I haven't watched this yet, but no not really.

The show is Luther tracking down serial killers. Most of them have weird quirks like Batman villains, but if this was like James Bond....that ain't how the show usually is.

Fred.
If that's your perspective of the show, then that's how the movie was lol, so I would say yes, the show is very much like it, just on a smaller scale obviously.

I think people only mentioning the Bond aspect literally because of a certain house scene, and literally b/c of something that happens 5 mins out of the movie at the end.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If that's your perspective of the show, then that's how the movie was lol, so I would say yes, the show is very much like it, just on a smaller scale obviously.

I think people only mentioning the Bond aspect literally because of a certain house scene, and literally b/c of something that happens 5 mins out of the movie at the end.

Ok well like I said, I haven't seen this. I'm an OG "Luther" fan since SOHH and I never heard Bond mentioned in relation to the series, until this thread.

I don't want dude to start the show expecting something it's not, is all.

Fred.