Luther: The Fallen Sun (Cinemas - Feb.24, 2023 | Netflix - March 10, 2023)

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I haven't watched this yet, but no not really.

The show is Luther tracking down serial killers. Most of them have weird quirks like Batman villains, but if this was like James Bond....that ain't how the show usually is.

Fred.

it's just like the show, the Bond reference is because Luther is just flat out brilliant at what he does. It's not action like a Bond film.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
There was a season 5? :mindblown:

Wait, I think I did see it. Was that the season when he doused himself in gas to confront the killer?

you might wanna watch that asap, season 5 was probably the dopest one out of them all

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Ok well like I said, I haven't seen this. I'm an OG "Luther" fan since SOHH and I never heard Bond mentioned in relation to the series, until this thread.

I don't want dude to start the show expecting something it's not, is all.

Fred.
I feel you. I think at this point, mfs are gonna bring Bond up whenever Idris has something going on just because they either are still holding on to a hope that's long gone that he would be the first black 007 or they see the Luther medium as a way to vicariously get that same feeling as a British agent but Luther couldn't be the furthest thing from Bond at this point imo.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Luther deserved a better "thank you" at the end from Odette. She said it like he just gave her some change to get something from the store. I mean shyt, at least give the breh a hug or kiss on the cheek or say it with more emotion or something considering all he did. :heh: Especially after that "it should have been you instead!" scene. :beli:

The bad guy was annoying at times, but he was a classic Luther villain.

Overall, it was pretty good. I still wish it would have had some more of the OG characters in it from way back.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Movie was so dope. Dark af with the way ole buddy was killing folks but we need more of that :banderas:
Only thing I felt they coulda left out but I guess it woulda changed the entire movie was
him going to prison. Didnt like that cause then you gotta get him outta jail and still have him work with police when realistically they woulda threw his ass back in
But overall a cool flick and a masterclass for turning a TV show into a movie

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
This was pretty good but I did chuckle at them treating Luther like Batman in this
full

From him having his own Joker character playing games with him to him being overly dramatic when he opens the trunk of his LutherMobile to find his supersuit (the grey coat) then for him to go to the top of a building and scan the city for no reason:heh:

looking-into-the-distance-john-luther.gif

Last edited:

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Luther deserved a better "thank you" at the end from Odette. She said it like he just gave her some change to get something from the store. I mean shyt, at least give the breh a hug or kiss on the cheek or say it with more emotion or something considering all he did. :heh: Especially after that "it should have been you instead!" scene. :beli:

The bad guy was annoying at times, but he was a classic Luther villain.

Overall, it was pretty good. I still wish it would have had some more of the OG characters in it from way back.

Odette played by Cynthia Erivo is part of the alphabet team. So that probably explains it.

Booker Carver

Pro
Supporter
Daps
This was pretty good but I did chuckle at them treating Luther like Batman in this
full

From him having his own Joker character playing games with him to being overly dramatic when he opens the trunk of his LutherMobile to find his supersuit (the grey coat) then for him to go to the top of a building and scan the city for no reason:heh:

Breh I had the same thought!

“He’s like a black ass Batman, if you will”.

Going back to binge the first season with the wife and he was up on that ledge again. This nikka loves to watch over the city.

Daps
Just checked this out. They didn't make as dark as the TV series maybe trying to broaden the audience, but overall this was very good

And since it wasn't cannon, they could've and should've brought Alice back for some real :demonic:

IDK how to do spoilers so...

At the end, who was that in the car who wanted to talk to Luther?

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
This was a Batman movie basically and yeah I know Luther's trench coat is his costume according to Idris, but this was too much like Batman. I enjoyed it but the similarities are crazy. Also what the hell was the pacing here? Maybe it's because I'm used to the show, but I feel like there was no setup to what happened to him in the beginning.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
full

From him having his own Joker character playing games with him to him being overly dramatic when he opens the trunk of his LutherMobile to find his supersuit (the grey coat) then for him to go to the top of a building and scan the city for no reason:heh:

That last part was so blatant. I was like, oh aight we going full superhero movie now?