Luther Season 4 thread

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Considering movies tell stories in less than 3 hours,you can tell great fukking stories.

If you cant tell a great story in 4 hours :francis:

The walking deads first season was 6 episodes and its still head and shoulders above all their 16 episode seasons.
lol I just realized I quoted you in two different threads....smh anyway you have a point but then why not just call it a made for tv movie, this is just a tease... I don't think the first season of TWD being 6 episodes made it better, I think people always like the new show more than the one that's been on a few seasons.. New shows have the advantage of mystery with the audience, but after a few seasons you kinda know how the writers work and how far they will go. I'm saying you have to find that perfect medium and 4-6 eps is too short, as soon as you get into it its over, 8-10 should be the minimum.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
lol I just realized I quoted you in two different threads....smh anyway you have a point but then why not just call it a made for tv movie, this is just a tease... I don't think the first season of TWD being 6 episodes made it better, I think people always like the new show more than the one that's been on a few seasons.. New shows have the advantage of mystery with the audience, but after a few seasons you kinda know how the writers work and how far they will go. I'm saying you have to find that perfect medium and 4-6 eps is too short, as soon as you get into it its over, 8-10 should be the minimum.
Different strokes I guess.

Maybe im just saying it because hell,like true detextive s1 is one of my favorite seasons of tv show. Only 8 eps.

Luther is only like 4-6 eps a season,i love it.

Andntheirs just so many shows these days,and so many of them have obvious filler episodes just to strecth out the quota to meet 12 or whatever.

Ive always been a less is more kinda guy :yeshrug:

Hell i dont even watch network tv anymore because of their 22-24 episodes a season shyt. Nobody got time for all that.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Different strokes I guess.

Maybe im just saying it because hell,like true detextive s1 is one of my favorite seasons of tv show. Only 8 eps.

Luther is only like 4-6 eps a season,i love it.

Andntheirs just so many shows these days,and so many of them have obvious filler episodes just to strecth out the quota to meet 12 or whatever.

Ive always been a less is more kinda guy :yeshrug:

Hell i dont even watch network tv anymore because of their 22-24 episodes a season shyt. Nobody got time for all that.
it can be a lot but at the same time when I get into something I want more of it, but I see where you coming from.. and it shold be hard to write 10-12 shows a year, I just think that shows sholdnt be more than 4 seasons at that rate, too many shows run out of ideas by then, some shows are great like comedies but I am sure now that GOT is out of source material the show will start its decline

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Hades Accounted for and present. Two 90 minute episodes is going to be good as hell. I can't wait for Sherlock to come back too.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
On week breh's.
Idris Elba Returns to BBC America in New ‘Luther’ Special | BBC America

The wait is over! Golden Globe® winner Idris Elba returns to his iconic role as a self-destructive near-genius detective on the edge of law enforcement. Luthermakes its highly-anticipated return in a one-night special event on Thursday, December 17 at 9/8c.

And we can finally reveal details:

Detective Chief Inspector John Luther (Elba) will learn the hard way; he may never be able to walk away from capturing the tormented psychopaths that lurk the streets of London. His attempt to leave the darker side of humanity behind for a chance at a “normal” life is quickly thwarted when he’s drawn into a terrifyingly complex case. A cannibalistic serial killer delivers a devastating blow that not only pulls him out of seclusion but pushes him closer to the edge than he’s ever been.

Written and created by Emmy®-nominated Neil Cross and directed by Sam Miller (No Good Deed, Fortitude) the Luther special also stars Laura Haddock (Guardians of the Galaxy, Ripper Street, Da Vinci’s Demons) as Megan Cantor, a mysterious woman from Luther’s past, John Heffernan (Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, Ripper Street) as the sadistic cannibal Steven Rose, Patrick Malahide (Indian Summers, Game of Thrones) as George Cornelius, an old school gangster, and Michael Smiley (Doctor Who, Ripper Street) returning as computer whiz Benny Silver.

Struggling to cope with his own demons after losing so much, it seemed normalcy would always elude the emotionally impulsive detective. Teflon tough, even the strongest couldn’t endure what Luther has seen and been through. Hunting London’s most depraved criminals forced him to tap into the dark recesses of his mind, revealing sides of himself that would horrify most. The heartbreaking loss of his wife to a brutal murderer and his inner-circle of colleagues turning on him in a witch hunt weren’t enough to keep him away from the job. But watching his most trusted colleague and friend, Detective Sergeant Justin Ripley (Warren Brown, The Dark Knight Rises, Inside Men), die in his arms after getting caught in the crossfires of a case, finally pushed him over the slippery slope he’s always towed. A forbidden connection with serial-killer, Alice Morgan, offered him a somewhat skewed version of a happy ending and he took it.

Elba says, “I think there were bigger challenges when he lost his wife and his best friend. That was a huge pinnacle and something that it took him a long time to get over. And in this [special] there is something similar that happens to him that is definitely traumatic”

This time we find Luther on a leave of absence from the police force, laying low in a rundown cottage. A visit from colleagues, Detective Chief Inspector Theo Bloom (Darren Boyd, Veep, The World’s End) and Detective Sergeant Emma Lane (Rose Leslie, The Last Witch Hunter, Game of Thrones) brings a shocking piece of news that draws him back to London in search of the truth. At the same time, a gruesome cannibalistic serial killer has struck the city, eating body parts as he goes. With a trail of clues leading from one crime scene to the next, Detective Superintendent Unit Martin Schenk (Dermot Crowley, Babel, Bleak House) and his team must work out the twisted logic that connects each victim. But this murdering mastermind is more than a match for Schenk’s police, outsmarting them at every step. It’s not long before Luther makes his triumphant return to the Bullpen, determined to capture the killer before another mutilated body joins the mounting pile. But he’s dogged at every turn by ghosts from his past. Isolated and volatile, it will take every fiber of Luther’s being to keep it together.

“I think Luther goes back just because he can’t stay away from it for too long,” says Elba. “Ultimately, because he’s a protector, and he just wants to be able to fix what he can see other people won’t be able to…”

So, mark your calendars: Luther. Thursday, December 17. 9/8c. BBC America. We’ll see you there!

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Less than a week to go brehs
full

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It drops today in the UK, right?

Edit: Just checked, and yes it drops today in the UK :blessed:

Links will probably pop up around 7pm :lupe:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Two hours from now mayne. :mjcry: :wow:

If I was still a junk food eater I'd have the burgers, popcorn and drinks ready for the piff.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So tonight's UK episode is only 1 hour long (they're separating it out for three weeks). I guess it's best to wait for the 3hour event on BBC America on the 17th :mjcry: