Lupe Fiasco Trending on Twitter After Twitter Space Discussion Regarding Kendrick & Drake || Update : Lupe Back On Twitterspaces Clearing up Comments

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
And yo.

Whether it's clipped or not, that statement can be taken as some slick shyt in any context.

Cause if I'm Kendrick, the question I ask next is "Oh, so I'm not the "spokesperson of Hip-Hop", then who the fukk is it? YOU? And
matter of fact, why are you always interjecting on some shyt my guy?"
Did Kendrick ever say that he was the only spokesperson of Hip Hop or the guy to go to?

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did Kendrick ever say that he was the only spokesperson of Hip Hop or the guy to go to?
I don't think so but I think the topic in question actually isn't even about Kendrick Lamar.

I might have to re-listen but I think it's more so aimed at Podcasters and Culture critics who really don't know shyt
but are trying to do this outrage based Journalism.

So both @Piff Perkins and @spliz are right to correct me, the focus isn't really Kendrick Lamar but more so the landscape
of Hip-Hop Journalism and how shyt it is in general.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I was listening to that Twitter spaces while watching boxing/UFC.

That Twitter spaces had absolutely NOTHING to do with drake/Kendrick specifically , he was talking about all kinds of shyt and he only referred to that situation when it made sense to

That "culture" shouldn't be dictated by some nikka with a podcast, there are people who sell more records and have more tour dates worldwide that the average person can't even name, even he was surprised by some of those types of artists. But people will pretend like fame/celebrity is more important. That they whole "all publicity is good publicity" is bullshyt, along with "money can't buy happiness" and if you look into the origin of these statements there was never anything real behind em.

Content creators and podcastsera make money off of interviewing you but when you ask to be paid they magically hit you with the "I'm just doing it for the love of the culture" bullshyt

Spoke about how entities like Revolt and whatnot will have you come out to do a show then have a writer from there kick your back in on an article for engagement, our how rappers will try to backdoor you and embarrass each other on tracks instead of just having a straight up battle, that's why he doesn't do features anymore, used J. Cole as an example.

Also mentioned how this exact thread would be created, he does some interview and people go and find a soundbite and rewrite a narrative to get engagement

Interviewer asked him about the Webby awards he just won for the Google commercial stuff so he explained what it was

Was saying it's weird how people wanna take political advice from artists instead of people with actual political science degrees and lawyers and whatnot, referenced a Malcolm X quote about how people would rather let a person who plays the trumpet talk to them about politics than him.

And THAT'S how he went on to say the same thing about rap culture, because we don't have a Rap degree available to get in college, that any nikka with a podcast who sold some records can pretend they know what they're talking about by saying vague shyt like "culture" and who is and who isn't part of that culture and it doesn't make sense, rap has been around long enough that it should be a studied science like everything else because right now anyone with some clout from back in the day can talk like some elder statesmen. Low-key shots at JBP

He SPECIFICALLY said he supports both Kendrick and Drake because every barrier that they break through is a win for rappers as a whole and he thinks that shyt is dope. Punch was in the damn spaces for most of the time listening to him tell stories and be asked questions by the woman running it :laff:if he's not popular like that anymore why does this nikka go viral EVERYTIME he says anything, other artist say way more egregious shyt every day

Now I see why that nikka be so pissed I'm off and doesn't wanna talk to anyone publicly, nikkas like OP and the rest of this thread never wanna hear the full context, he was NOT spending his energy talking about Drake and Kendrick the whole time and you don't walk away from that spaces thinking he was hating unless you already had that narrative in your head

And I HATE his most recent album before anyone tries to call me a Stanley :umad: most of my Lupe tracks are old as hell

The same shyt he said applies to Drake, a mixed Canadian who made fun of his own city's slang, doesn't write his slang, and didn't know the different between nikka and the version with a hard ER

Bruh is wilding, and I don't care what he was talking about, because he's been on Kendricks dikkk for a while while sucking Drakes

Dude talking about you need a degree to be a rapper, but had no issues with someone who essentially copies his homework

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
For a time I was the biggest Lupe hater here but even I can't cosign some of the shyt being said right now. First off it's based off a misunderstanding, he clearly wasn't talking about one artist. In a sense he was talking moreso about artists like himself who feel they are real rap gatekeepers of hip hop despite the fact that there are artists out there out-selling them in tours/albums who may have an entirely different perspective on the genre. He also said this includes some artists you've never heard of, which to me was a reference to guys like Tech-9 or Russ or G-Eazy (before he had a hit) or even Logic who out-tour most of the guys "we' think are the biggest rappers in the genre. Do I agree with him in general? No not really. But I get his point.

Lupe has praised and criticized every rapper he fukks with. He's said things we might view as weird about Nas, while also praising him. Yet nobody would believe he wants to diss or battle Nas. I view Lupe like I viewed Joe Budden at one point before the podcast popped off. Rappers who are super connected to their fans online and get into Coli-style conversations. They may mean well and just want to have a conversation, but obviously there's a difference between a random Coli poster saying they don't like xyz album, and Lupe or Budden saying they don't like xyz album. Then it becomes "news" and a "diss" and "drama" and "clout chasing" etc when brehs were just stating an opinion.

End of the day Lupe is still a legend, his early run (mixtapes and albums) can't be denied. And I respect the fact that he proved me wrong by coming back with T&Y years after falling off. He has a weird relationship with a lot of rappers, not just Kendrick. And speaking of Kendrick...yall don't think it's weird that people are reciting numbers/sales arguments in favor of him now, like a certain other fan base does for a certain other rapper we don't like? Saying Kendrick wouldn't respond to Lupe because Lupe is irrelevant sounds a lot like what Drake fans said about Push in 2018. Why was that corny then, but fine now?
:francis:
Ain't Lupe the same one who said you should need a college degree to rap?

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
You think drake is vanilla ice?
Absolutely not. I truly meant it from Lupe’s stated criteria

I’m a huge Lupe fan, I just hate how’s he’s been so adverse to acknowledging anything Kendrick does, he’s just hating on Kendrick at this point, and has for at least a decade.

If he was riding for drake, he’d state “how can the number one hip hop artist for over a decade, not be hip hop” I think that makes the point, but he was surprisingly inarticulate with his thought here. And that’s just from posted, could be a purposefully clipped sound bite while he was making a larger point, idk, I haven’t heard the whole conversation

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@T-K-G you think he means Cole is setting out to embarrass other rappers on purpose when he gets on tracks with them?

Blessed Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Kendrick losing that battle 100%

...but at what cost? :mjcry:

thanosgenerator-110.gif

Lupe finally sits at the throne next to his Daft Punk albums, anime posters, and a Hello Kitty clock. His eyes reap the harvest, but the reality the industry could give a single fukk about a Lupe Fiasco, but us Coli Brehs...we care....yet our opinions will never matter because we are flabby, sick, and live in 95 for all eternity :mjcry: