Lupe Fiasco Trending on Twitter After Twitter Space Discussion Regarding Kendrick & Drake || Update : Lupe Back On Twitterspaces Clearing up Comments

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Breh should be looking for collabs with Kenny instead, if I'm being honest. :yeshrug: Would love to hear them both on an EP, or doing dope music videos.

Instead, Lupe demands tribute. :francis:

This doesn't even seem competitive, just Lupe being bitter. Understandable, but still lame of him to take this route.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
EDIT:
I was wrong as fukk btw.

Keeping this post up so y'all can call me out if you have too.

Conflating Capitalism with Cultural Capital in defense of Lupe fukking Fiasco
while he's cock riding king capitalist factory boss himself DRAKE

fukkING DRAKE

THE DUDE WE JOKINGLY SAY HAS A LEGION OF WRITERS
LOCKED IN TENTS IN SOME NON-DESCRIPT FACTORY
LIKE HE'S fukkING HENRY FORD OR JOHN D. ROCKEFELLER

Isn't just CRAZY, that shyt is BRAZY!

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And yo.

Whether it's clipped or not, that statement can be taken as some slick shyt in any context.

Cause if I'm Kendrick, the question I ask next is "Oh, so I'm not the "spokesperson of Hip-Hop", then who the fukk is it? YOU? And
matter of fact, why are you always interjecting on some shyt my guy?"

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
For a time I was the biggest Lupe hater here but even I can't cosign some of the shyt being said right now. First off it's based off a misunderstanding, he clearly wasn't talking about one artist. In a sense he was talking moreso about artists like himself who feel they are real rap gatekeepers of hip hop despite the fact that there are artists out there out-selling them in tours/albums who may have an entirely different perspective on the genre. He also said this includes some artists you've never heard of, which to me was a reference to guys like Tech-9 or Russ or G-Eazy (before he had a hit) or even Logic who out-tour most of the guys "we' think are the biggest rappers in the genre. Do I agree with him in general? No not really. But I get his point.

Lupe has praised and criticized every rapper he fukks with. He's said things we might view as weird about Nas, while also praising him. Yet nobody would believe he wants to diss or battle Nas. I view Lupe like I viewed Joe Budden at one point before the podcast popped off. Rappers who are super connected to their fans online and get into Coli-style conversations. They may mean well and just want to have a conversation, but obviously there's a difference between a random Coli poster saying they don't like xyz album, and Lupe or Budden saying they don't like xyz album. Then it becomes "news" and a "diss" and "drama" and "clout chasing" etc when brehs were just stating an opinion.

End of the day Lupe is still a legend, his early run (mixtapes and albums) can't be denied. And I respect the fact that he proved me wrong by coming back with T&Y years after falling off. He has a weird relationship with a lot of rappers, not just Kendrick. And speaking of Kendrick...yall don't think it's weird that people are reciting numbers/sales arguments in favor of him now, like a certain other fan base does for a certain other rapper we don't like? Saying Kendrick wouldn't respond to Lupe because Lupe is irrelevant sounds a lot like what Drake fans said about Push in 2018. Why was that corny then, but fine now?
:francis:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And yo.

Whether it's clipped or not, that statement can be taken as some slick shyt in any context.

Cause if I'm Kendrick, the question I ask next is "Oh, so I'm not the "spokesperson of Hip-Hop", then who the fukk is it? YOU? And
The answer is no one is the spokesperson of hip hop

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
And yo.

U literally didn't listen to what he said. U can't even mistakenly think it was for Kendrick if u did. Lol

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
For a time I was the biggest Lupe hater here but even I can't cosign some of the shyt being said right now. First off it's based off a misunderstanding, he clearly wasn't talking about one artist. In a sense he was talking moreso about artists like himself who feel they are real rap gatekeepers of hip hop despite the fact that there are artists out there out-selling them in tours/albums who may have an entirely different perspective on the genre. He also said this includes some artists you've never heard of, which to me was a reference to guys like Tech-9 or Russ or G-Eazy (before he had a hit) or even Logic who out-tour most of the guys "we' think are the biggest rappers in the genre. Do I agree with him in general? No not really. But I get his point.

Lupe has praised and criticized every rapper he fukks with. He's said things we might view as weird about Nas, while also praising him. Yet nobody would believe he wants to diss or battle Nas. I view Lupe like I viewed Joe Budden at one point before the podcast popped off. Rappers who are super connected to their fans online and get into Coli-style conversations. They may mean well and just want to have a conversation, but obviously there's a difference between a random Coli poster saying they don't like xyz album, and Lupe or Budden saying they don't like xyz album. Then it becomes "news" and a "diss" and "drama" and "clout chasing" etc when brehs were just stating an opinion.

End of the day Lupe is still a legend, his early run (mixtapes and albums) can't be denied. And I respect the fact that he proved me wrong by coming back with T&Y years after falling off. He has a weird relationship with a lot of rappers, not just Kendrick. And speaking of Kendrick...yall don't think it's weird that people are reciting numbers/sales arguments in favor of him now, like a certain other fan base does for a certain other rapper we don't like? Saying Kendrick wouldn't respond to Lupe because Lupe is irrelevant sounds a lot like what Drake fans said about Push in 2018. Why was that corny then, but fine now?
THANK YOU. U SEE IT. This has been my MAIN gripe. The hypocrisy.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lupe is one of my favorite rappers, i had no idea he was so lame about kendrick until this beef stuff started

Really?

You didn't find it lame when he tried to get Nas to do a joint album with around Nas true friend Amy Winehouse?
And when Nas declined and changed his number on him, he went on podcasts throwing shots at Nas

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Kendrick fans are turning into Trump supporters. Everyone besides him is wrong and there is literally no criticism of him that isn’t hating
I will never discuss that man on here ever again, it’s a waste of time, his fans are maniacal:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The answer is no one is the spokesperson of hip hop
I disagree.

I don't think there should be a singular spokesperson tho.

I do think there should figures/figureheads who rightly call out grifters, clowns and jokers.
U literally didn't listen to what he said. U can't even mistakenly think it was for Kendrick if u did. Lol

I listened to it.

I don't know if I agree with the idea of "you must go to school to speak on Hip-Hop".

Cultural school? Sure.
Leaving it only to PHDs and other Degreed individuals? Eh.
That betrays Hip-Hops working class roots and is legitimate problem in other genres.

I see your stance.
And largely agree.
But I don't feel Lupe Fiasco is a legend.

:yeshrug:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
And yo.

he didn't say the bolded. he actually said kendrick is the spokesperson of hip-hop right now but drake is doing more tours and selling more records in the 13 second clip.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
THANK YOU. U SEE IT. This has been my MAIN gripe. The hypocrisy.

It's a weird role reversal and I'd imagine this will keep happening all year. Imagine if we get to December and we start putting our best albums lists together. If Kendrick's album isn't the best...I'm not putting it #1, personally. But with the way things are going we def gonna see some people putting it #1 and citing sales. Now when it comes to rapper of the year? Kendrick will be my #1 off the battle alone. That's more than fair IMO, given the historical nature of what happened. I just don't want to hear sales cited to denigrate RAP artists, especially someone like Lupe who clearly didn't diss anyone.

I'm all for using it to troll Drake because it's a funny tho.
:mjgrin:

If someone from the future stepped out a time machine in late March and told us "this battle will end with one rapper releasing a #1 hit diss record that becomes the song of the summer" EVERYONE would assume Drake won lol. The fact that it was Kendrick is just hilarious. I got no issue with celebrating or the victory lap. I fist pumped when the song went back to #1 on the charts lol. I won't hide it. But we're now reaching a point where most Kendrick convos I see on the timeline are about sales and charts...that's not wavy to me.