Lupe Fiasco Trending on Twitter After Twitter Space Discussion Regarding Kendrick & Drake || Update : Lupe Back On Twitterspaces Clearing up Comments

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Square biz. Lets keep it a bean, Kendrick is a do-over of Ras Kass, Lupe, and Joe Budden. All them dudes tried to tap into the mainstream with the enlightening raps, but gritty detail and sadly failed miserably (In Lupe's case, a good thing at a bad time). Its all gravy to have sour grapes, we all can be our own worse hater but don't p*ssy foot with the hatred, by using Drake as bait. Be a man and get your Pastor Troy on.

Call out Kenny and see how far it goes. But I guarantee it that he's going to have Royce's problems barking up Kenny's tree.

And this is coming from a huge Lupe head.
Feel you 100%. This whole kendrick thing is what made do a double take on lupe and i dont even like kendrick. But its pure jealousy for how people react to kendrick and not him. And imo both of them embarass themselves imo trying to be the enlightenment messiah but as soon as its beef they revert to “i used to be a street guy 20 years ago” talk.

Plus lupe seems to REALLY care how people think of his music. Never seen an artist so obsessed with how he is seen vs others and mad they get more attention.

Daps
Drake dangling ovo chain over Lupe’s face :dead:

Drake: you know what you must do if you want it.
jeonmaze-chain.gif

Lupe praying Drake will post something of his on drakes ig stories :mjlol:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Lupe can't even get his facts in order. Kendrick just did the highest selling solo hip hop tour last year

And has the biggest rap song of the year

So wtf. By his own metrics, Kendrick can and should be dictating the culture :mjlol:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Yeah, I saw those instagram posts. That clip is only 13 seconds in the OP, I would like to hear what he said before and after that clip in order to get a stronger sense of what he was trying to convey.
I was listening to that Twitter spaces while watching boxing/UFC.

That Twitter spaces had absolutely NOTHING to do with drake/Kendrick specifically , he was talking about all kinds of shyt and he only referred to that situation when it made sense to

That "culture" shouldn't be dictated by some nikka with a podcast, there are people who sell more records and have more tour dates worldwide that the average person can't even name, even he was surprised by some of those types of artists. But people will pretend like fame/celebrity is more important. That they whole "all publicity is good publicity" is bullshyt, along with "money can't buy happiness" and if you look into the origin of these statements there was never anything real behind em.

Content creators and podcastsera make money off of interviewing you but when you ask to be paid they magically hit you with the "I'm just doing it for the love of the culture" bullshyt

Spoke about how entities like Revolt and whatnot will have you come out to do a show then have a writer from there kick your back in on an article for engagement, our how rappers will try to backdoor you and embarrass each other on tracks instead of just having a straight up battle, that's why he doesn't do features anymore, used J. Cole as an example.

Also mentioned how this exact thread would be created, he does some interview and people go and find a soundbite and rewrite a narrative to get engagement

Interviewer asked him about the Webby awards he just won for the Google commercial stuff so he explained what it was

Was saying it's weird how people wanna take political advice from artists instead of people with actual political science degrees and lawyers and whatnot, referenced a Malcolm X quote about how people would rather let a person who plays the trumpet talk to them about politics than him.

And THAT'S how he went on to say the same thing about rap culture, because we don't have a Rap degree available to get in college, that any nikka with a podcast who sold some records can pretend they know what they're talking about by saying vague shyt like "culture" and who is and who isn't part of that culture and it doesn't make sense, rap has been around long enough that it should be a studied science like everything else because right now anyone with some clout from back in the day can talk like some elder statesmen. Low-key shots at JBP

He SPECIFICALLY said he supports both Kendrick and Drake because every barrier that they break through is a win for rappers as a whole and he thinks that shyt is dope. Punch was in the damn spaces for most of the time listening to him tell stories and be asked questions by the woman running it :laff:if he's not popular like that anymore why does this nikka go viral EVERYTIME he says anything, other artist say way more egregious shyt every day

Now I see why that nikka be so pissed off and doesn't wanna talk to anyone publicly, nikkas like OP and the rest of this thread never wanna hear the full context, he was NOT spending his energy talking about Drake and Kendrick the whole time and you don't walk away from that spaces thinking he was hating unless you already had that narrative in your head

And I HATE his most recent album before anyone tries to call me a Stanley :umad: most of my Lupe tracks are old as hell

Last edited: