Lupe Fiasco Trending on Twitter After Twitter Space Discussion Regarding Kendrick & Drake || Update : Lupe Back On Twitterspaces Clearing up Comments

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Where is all that "...don't be outside", "...music scares the women away", "...you don't hear his music in the club/at the function" energy when it comes to Lupe?

So we going to pretend cuh don't make music for n*ggas who wear button down anime shirts? We going to act like people didn't stop paying attention to Lu after Food & Liquor?
Crazy how Lupe has managed to evade that same critique usually leveled to every "lyrical" rapper from Nas, Em, Cole, Kendrick etc who have made way more "digestible" music than he has.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Wait lupe said you need a literal PHD to say who should be in and not beni. Hip hop?

His ego is so big man. Bigger than joes maybe. Teaches a hip hop class, thinks hes a doctor now.
This is the same guy who fukked up the Tribe tribute.

he’s been a formerly industry darling/passive aggressive ghostwriter/faking the funk personality for a long time.

He’s nice as fukk on the mic so we look past it. And yes, I go to the his shows and bought his albums when sales were a thing.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Drake stans so desperate that they're unwilling to acknowledge that Lupe bringing up Drake buying the masters was only because Dame brought up Kendrick :mjlol:

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I love Lupe, but this just comes off a bit sad.

I think everyone wanted even expected Lupe to be what Kendrick turned out to be, but he got stuck with a shyt contract that stole all his momentum right at the point he could've ascended and he's never properly found a coherent message to deliver ever since.

He's one of the dopest lyricists ever, but the concepts he wants to rap are obscure for HipHop even when they're pop culture - Amy Winehouse as a battle rapper is a DOPE concept, but it's a BBC Four/PBS high brow, coffee table art approach to pop music... compare that to concept albums like TPAB and MMATBS and it's not even the same game.

High concept art for art's sake versus concept art that on its day could heal souls and societies.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
This is the same guy who fukked up the Tribe tribute.

he’s been a formerly industry darling/passive aggressive ghostwriter/faking the funk personality for a long time.

He’s nice as fukk on the mic so we look past it. And yes, I go to the his shows and bought his albums when sales were a thing.
Man i totally forgot that tribe shyt

Now i remember why I stopped listening to this goof.

All he does is seperate hinself from others because he wants to be different. Problem was kendrick is basically him with less lyrical ability but stronger in all other areas, and he cant comprehend why they chose kenny over him.

I never seen such over confident insecurity in my life. As smart as he thinks he is he cant see he look obsessed.

Last edited:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Man i totally forgot that tribe shyt

Now i remember why I stopped listening to this goof.

All he does is seperate hinself from others because he wants to be different. Problem was kendrick is basically him with less lyrical ability but stringer in all other areas, and he cant comprehend why they chose kenny over him.

I never seen such over confident insecurity in my life

He's one of those people that can't communicate without making others feel inferior.