Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So we know Jonylah Forever and Haile Selassie are 4-5 years old, but how old do yall think the rest of the album is? :lupe:
Most of the album is timeless with the exception of Alan Forever which mentions the Whip/Nae Nae dance and he posted the opening lyrics back in March of 2016, so everything is likely at least that old besides the production adjustments earlier this year.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
People would be calling this the greatest album of all time if kendrick made it, but that's a story for a different day
I love Kdot but this is pretty factual. He makes this and you have the collective hip hop scene heads explode and annoint him as a possible GOAT immediately. But yes, a story for a different day.

but seriously. Who fukking with this nikka pen game? not a weak lyric on this whole album. And fukking WAV Files :mindblown:

Lupe Fiasco – WAV Files Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

breh this shyt is mind destroying metaphor/lyricism. This the shyt that made me love rap.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
JONYLAH FOREVER

"WHERE YOU BUMPED INTO HADIYA TEACHING ART"

I KNEW ON 1ST LISTEN THIS HAD TO BE SOME TYPE OF HEAVEN SEQUENCE.

Death of Hadiya Pendleton - Wikipedia
:devil:
:evil:

You heard Jonylah Forever before this album right? He dropped that when that shyt happened 5 years ago
:mjcry:

And yeah, that Hadiya line is deep too. That song has been one of my favorite Lupe tracks since he released it. Now since it's an OFFICIAL song, we can pull it up and reference in hiphop discussions as just another reason why Lupe's storytelling ability is just ELITE status.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What the hell kind if show was that????

What was going on?????

I need answers?????
American Gods breh... it's basically a story of the Ancient Gods vs Modern Gods that have formed in modern times (technology/internet for example).

First Season trippy as fukk
:whew:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lupe had to have went to a different dimension when he made "Wav Files". And that's not even hyperbole. I mean that literally. He visited a different realm or some shyt. Maybe some bomb ass psychadelics(which are not drugs). Or he's a complete master at meditation. I know a lot people have had some divine experiences while in heavy meditation. experiences similar to lsd, dmt, and shrooms. We can do some amazing things with our minds if we really master them.

But I'm telling you. Lupe visited a different reality and he made this track so we could get a glimpse of it. When I listen to this blown as fukk I feel like i'm channeling wherever the fukk he went. I can't even count how many times I've played this track and it's no less amazing now than when I first played it. It only gets better. This is a masterpiece that transcends art forms. We know perfection is impossible, but this might be the closest any music artist has ever gotten. I can't even wrap my head around the genius of it. Both in the music and also lupe's overall vocal performance.

dude literally started listing the names of all the slave ships and still made that shyt sound dope as fukk. he wasn't even rhyming.....he was using the tone and inflection of his voice to make all that shyt sound in perfect harmony with the music. The shyt sends chills down my spine.

This is what true brilliance is

:wow:

I was thinking the same thing. He tapped into something on this track. He like literally listed every slave ship like he got visited by some ancestors or some shyt. This album even though he's making a story is a very spiritual and eretheral album and I love that.

KneeGrow.

Superstar
Daps
Yeah this shyt got better with more listens.

Had no idea he put Letty on the album. That's dope.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Which one of you nerds in here was comparing this garbage to Supreme Clientele? :russ:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
dude literally started listing the names of all the slave ships and still made that shyt sound dope as fukk. he wasn't even rhyming.....he was using the tone and inflection of his voice to make all that shyt sound in perfect harmony with the music. The shyt sends chills down my spine.
Not exactly the same, but it reminded me of Phonte's verse on Whatever You Say. All you need is rhythm.

Abdi

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Horn of Africa.
I feel like this album will be the supreme clientele of this generation. An album that's completely different and unique from anything around it. It won't sell crazy records but in time it will be viewed as an iconic album among hip hop fans and artists alike. This shyt gonna truly impact the game going forward just like supreme did. The word of mouth is gaining steam and it's already being called a masterpiece all over social media. The real heads know. It's only a matter of time before the rest of the world has to take notice. Keep talking about it. Spread the word.

:mjcry::salute:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Which one of you nerds in here was comparing this garbage to Supreme Clientele? :russ:

real talk. you seem to hate lupe. why you in here?

You can't listen to shyt like Jonylah forever and be like hes some smart dumb lyrical miracle rapper either...seems its personal. As a fan of rap you should be a fan of most of the shyt lupe has dropped. :ld: